Flue symptoms after sauna visit

I am a - as far as I know, negative bare bottom and love to get fucked. Don't ask - don't tell.
But always when I have visited a sauna and the steam room, a couple of days later I get the flue.

No not the fuck flue, but just after a couple of days, just the flue. Sniffy nose, sore throat and cough...

I not always suck cock but I love the steam room and also love to get fucked.
Now I wonder if the health situation of the steam room is up to standard and the steam is properly disinfected. It could of course also be that there is someone with flue symptoms which gets transferred to me as a receiving bottom.

It really pisses me off, and again I know it is NOT the fuck flue, because the time is too short and I get it almost always after a visit.
I travel a lot and stay in hostels and it is really a pain in the butt because I feel shit, can't really travel on before I get better and I bother all the other hostelers with my coughing.

Does anybody recognize this and what can you do about it - well of course don't go to saunas, but that is not really an option.

I try to keep my inmune system boosted with lots of Vitamin D3, Zinc and Quercetine.

13 hours ago, ffWhole said:

Does anybody recognize this and what can you do about it - well of course don't go to saunas, but that is not really an option.

There isn't much you can do. The flu virus is spread through close association, with an infected person spreading it to an uninfected person, and flu viruses can live on surfaces for at least a couple of days. Even a place that closes once a day four an hour for deep cleaning could easily serve as a flu transmission location during the period between cleanings.

One option might be to get a flu shot each season - which won't protect you against every variety of flu, but will certainly lessen the symptoms or protect you against the ones that are expected to be circulating.

That said, there are other flu-like viruses that can also spread in such circumstances. So if you're susceptible to viral infections - and it sounds like you might be, more on that in a moment - then your choices are to stay out of places where you seem to pick them up, or deal with it.

And with THAT said: You say you're "don't ask, don't tell", but it's a distinct possibility that one reason you keep picking up the flu or similar infections is that your immune system is compromised, possibly by HIV. If you truly don't care whether you live or die, that's one thing, but assuming you want to continue having fun, knowing whether this is the source of your problems would SEEM to be important. "I really care about not getting the flu (which is treatable and usually passes) but I refuse to care or even know if I'm infected with something much more serious, chronic, and deadly" does not seem to be a particularly rational approach.

• Upvote 3

I got the flu shot in November.  I didn't socialize much, wore a mask at the Supermarket and Walmart, and still ended up getting the flu the week before Christmas.  Tamiflu (I believe that is what is was called) was prescribed by my doctor and I felt so much better in two days, though it was a five day treatment.  Sad thing was trying to find a pharmacy that had it in stock, an out-of-the way Walgreens finally had some in available.

The toughest part was conniving my doctor I didn't have Covid, my "at home" tests were expired and they didn't want me coming into the office.  Thank God fhey were willing to do my visit via web-cam because I was really suffering, I thought my head was ready to explode.  

I am convinced you can get the flu almost anywhere, I think next year I won't wait till November but I was also getting vaccinated for MPK and another covid booster that month and I just didn't remember to do it.  I won't make that mistake next yet.

Just my two cents, but it doesn't sound like the flue at all. Sounds more like a sinus infection. A damp hot place will set off a sinus infection. It Will also manifest in the sore throat and upper respiratory irritation. I used to get sinus a lot when I was younger, up to the point of excruciating headaches. After some investigation, it seemed logical that my sinus infection was always there, and only showed symptoms under the right conditions. The virus is very delicate, and so, can only live in the stable environment of the sinuses. I ended up stumbling on a cure, and have been free of sinus infections for 40+ years. I won't go into my cure, because I'm not a doctor. I will only say, try putting yourself in a similar environment without the personal contact aspect, and see if you get the same symptoms.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes that is exactly what it is...
When it starts raining and the air gets humid...
Or when I visit the steamroom of a sauna...

I always thought it was the tops whos' cocks I sucked or cocks that inserted their fluids and semen in me that would have maybe some flue remnants... 

But it always starts with a clogged up nose and sinuses and then soon afterwards a sore throat.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1