Racist Grindr - privilidge or prference

brnbk

Racism isn’t just about what you do to people, it’s often about what you won’t do. 

Many of the people who practice preferences really want to participate in racism. Unfortunately for them, alot of them have no power or resources to deny black people anything tangible in the real world. The only currency they have is Whitness in a community that values it above all else. 

Many of these men need someone to feel superior to, so they get a psychological benefit of denying black men of their whitness sexually and/or socially. It makes them feel empowered. We all see it in a regular basis:  men who go through almost comical lengths to show their not having sex with black men, or even convince others not too, 

And unfortunately, we have so many black men in the gay community so desperate for interracial access, these men get plenty of practice inflating their own fragile egos.

I really don't understand why you're complaining about racism in Grindr's distribution of free HIV tests, by arguing that it should be doing it in both Canada and Mexico. Both Canada and Mexico have publicly-funded universal healthcare systems that already offer similar services to Grindr's US based program- your complaining about the unequal treatment of minorities in both nations makes no difference in your argument about Grindr- in both countries the healthcare of their citizenry is a responsibility that their respective governments have directly adopted, not that of privately owned companies like Grindr.

If you really wanted to make a point about racism- you should complain about resources not going to where they're currently needed the most in the AIDS epidemic- Sub-Saharan Africa, where HIV currently runs rampant and uncontrolled due to a myriad of issues that are far too complex for me to do any sort of justice to in this post

On 3/29/2023 at 2:47 PM, topblkmale said:

How is this racist? Mexico as well as Canada are multi-racial countries.

Xenophobic might be the better term as well as a link to the actual program announcement.

(this topic might be better if moved to the health or politics forums)

Yeah. 

grindr is fully racist on many levels involving their coding, etc but this is isn’t it. 

public health measure and funding locally then largely federally.

Both Mexico and Canada have robust and arguably better public health and healthcare in general methods in place vs the United States. 

the argument in the original post is moot as it doesn’t begin to explain its basic premise of “racism” 

side note: look, I feel like the gay community is racist as fuck, but this simply isn’t an example of that. 

12 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Racism isn’t just about what you do to people, it’s often about what you won’t do. 

Many of the people who practice preferences really want to participate in racism. Unfortunately for them, alot of them have no power or resources to deny black people anything tangible in the real world. The only currency they have is Whitness in a community that values it above all else. 

Many of these men need someone to feel superior to, so they get a psychological benefit of denying black men of their whitness sexually and/or socially. It makes them feel empowered. We all see it in a regular basis:  men who go through almost comical lengths to show their not having sex with black men, or even convince others not too, 

And unfortunately, we have so many black men in the gay community so desperate for interracial access, these men get plenty of practice inflating their own fragile egos.

How does this relate to the topic of Grindr v. racism in the US, Mexico and Canada?

17 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah. 

grindr is fully racist on many levels involving their coding, etc but this is isn’t it. 

public health measure and funding locally then largely federally.

Both Mexico and Canada have robust and arguably better public health and healthcare in general methods in place vs the United States. 

the argument in the original post is moot as it doesn’t begin to explain its basic premise of “racism” 

side note: look, I feel like the gay community is racist as fuck, but this simply isn’t an example of that. 

How is coding racist and against whom?

You at the bathouse, you walking around with a solid 10 inches,  then you don't have a race.

You have less than 7 inches, then your race is an issue, your height is an issue, your age is an issue, the length of your left calf is an issue, what your wore before you entered the bathhouse is an issue... so everyone start checking their Canadian Mexican American Grindr. 

Fuk I miss precellphone gay bathhouses

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topblkmale said:

How does this relate to the topic of Grindr v. racism in the US, Mexico and Canada?

How is coding racist and against whom?

Grindr can’t be vs. racism. The people I referred to in my post find safe harbor and validation on the Grindr app. So of course the app is racist and directs resources to racist  of gays. 

On 3/30/2023 at 11:31 PM, brnbk said:

here is still a lot of stigma out there, especially outside the United States and at-home test kits avoid having to see a nasty nurse or a non friendly one, who gives you an impression that you need to stop having gay sex if you want to avoid AIDS.  Unfortunately, that is the sad reality of many gays outside of the US. 

I wanna say thank you to all who provided excellent points about "choice of words which started this thread or about the tone of some of the posts. About healthcare in the US versus healthcare in way better Canada and a different way to practice medicine in Mexico. All of it so hot I wanna fuck versus getting fucked. (A smart brain is the sexiest thing.)

brnbk I'm putting in my $2.00 because I worked in healthcare for 25+ years and you have created a healthcare problem for anyone thinking about getting testing. Nasty nurse or non friendly one? Your posts here have been the most unfriendly nasty posts. I'm not telling you to spend a day in a nurses shoes. I'm telling you if you had any balls you would ask a nurse if you could shadow them all day so you can witness how us patients are bitchy, cranky, dirty, nasty, sick people. And nurses have to put up with doctors who yell at them and humiliate them in front of others. 

If I was your nurse there would definitely be a note in your chart saying....

Patient is angry and bitter at life. Only sees those qualities in others. Be sickening kind to him. Pour it on. He will not be able to be miserable. He might even apologize for his behavior today and in the past.

That is what I do when I see any human having a bad day. 

As a patient it is YOUR responsibility to find a provider and practice that YOU are comfortable with.
At home testing is not the holy grail there so I would also be cautious on selling it as a silver bullet. 
For when you do an at home test you then avoid seeing a doctor or nurse for other STD's.
STD's that possibly can kill you quicker than HIV. 

And I would expect a nurse or doctor to give their opinion, advice, verbal words on how to avoid HIV.....

Staff: You know. If you cut down on the amount of sex or partners you have you'd cut your chances of getting HIV and STD's.

What they said there is a fact, not a judgement and nothing to do with gay sex. It's a fact. 

So stop selling the at home HIV kits are a silver bullet to health. They may actually be a death bullet if all people do is test for HIV and think. YEAH NO HIV IN ME!  As their dick or ass is ready to open a new sylph or other STD production line.

Go to the doctor's office. You don't like it there find another. And if you run out of doctors offices then you might want to re-evaluate what's causing the offices to be so angry when you are around.

Go to the doctor's office and say I'd like a full STD workup of tests. 

If you cannot say those words without feeling ashamed then you are not mature enough to be having sex.

Remember those who judge others for having sex usually are not having it themselves so have pity and empathy for them. Don't call them nasty nurse or non-friendly one, they still hold the needle to help you feel better and they know how to use it.

YOU take care of YOU and be a role model for others by going into the Doctors Offices!

On 5/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, NeedSeedBad said:

And I would expect a nurse or doctor to give their opinion, advice, verbal words on how to avoid HIV.....

Staff: You know. If you cut down on the amount of sex or partners you have you'd cut your chances of getting HIV and STD's.

What they said there is a fact, not a judgement and nothing to do with gay sex. It's a fact. 

I agree with mostly what you said. If you don’t like your doctor, get another. You can always ask for an LGBT friendly doctor or nurse.

My only quibbles are:

1. Some people may not have adequate healthcare for one reason or another.

2. A doctor wouldn’t dare lecture a woman or straight male about promiscuity. Facts are facts, but somehow we have been brainwashed into thinking men having sex is bad.