Saunas in the Village

bbttmm77

If Montreal was what it was not so long ago, I would say “Don’t worry, it will be reopened by the festival filled summer”. But the sad truth is, downtown is dying. Vacant stores, bars, restaurants still bearing the signs and logo of establishments that had been there for years, just gone.

The bulk of social services geared toward homelessness are also based in area. These services are completely saturated and unable to accommodate everyone. The overflow stays nearby, hoping that they might get a bed tomorrow. Some just live there, staying close to their friends or their supplier.

Even the hookers have moved out, none to be seen.

• Moderators
On 11/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, DaWhore said:

I can’t reduce the size to the ridiculous amount of 1.15kb max total size.

If the system is giving you that for a size limit, you are bumping against your total attachment limit. You can fix it by deleting some of your old or less-important image attachments.

More info in the topic below:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

If the system is giving you that for a size limit, you are bumping against your total attachment limit. You can fix it by deleting some of your old or less-important image attachments.

More info in the topic below:

Fixed, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from a month's stay away from Montreal, due to a family emergency. Definitely did not know about G. I. Joe....but nor am I surprised. I think this is the second time there's been a fire there. Oasis isn't all that great. Last time I was there was in 2003. It's more of an S&M sauna - stand and model more than anything else. There's  also Bain Coloniale, but it's more for the marble hot tubs, and the "atmosphere" of Plateau men going for a weekly schvistz. There's supposedly a Sauna Verdun, but haven't been, and I don't think I will. [think before following links] https://www.cruisinggays.com/montreal/bathhouses/6150-sauna-verdun/ I like Centreville, and I have always had no problems getting bareback fucks there. Like I said, there are personal preferences, but Centreville is very laid back, and most guys are happy to bareback there. I wish 5018 was still operating, but it's been turned into condos. So there's that.....the Village is problematic, with lots of people camping out in the parks, but the woeful lack of services makes it really difficult for people to make ends meet.   

• Upvote 1

Regarding Oasis, I don't know if it's still an issue, but the last times I get there around 2006-2007 we could see lot of age discrimination: being older than 30 y.o. was obviously an heresy. Heard it was very quiet these days.

Centre-Ville: get only one time last year, absolutely not my type. It was a total bore - maybe a bad timing!?

Cannot judge regarding Colonial, never been there.

I was a more or less regular at GI Joe, Had a lot of awesome as well as awful experiences there. Despite the "bad" parts still my favorite around. Hope they will reopen.

In the meantime, will  probably try Oasis - we'll see! 🙂

• Upvote 1