What Does HIV Status "Don't Care" Really Mean?

rawTOP

Guest JizzDumpWI

Mine says "not sure" because I only take loads bare. So it doesn't matter when my last test was. We do have an education problem in our community in that there are a huge number of guys who assume that their sex partners last test six months ago was neg, well then they're "safe". So clearly, there is a huge knowledge gap (which I think many of us have fun taking advantage of). I think the notion of "safety" is jettisoned by our choice to engage in bareback play.

An earlier post suggested "neg" be dropped from bareback sites, and I agree.

Inexplicably, I've managed to get most of the popular STDs at least once, and not surprizingly I do have herpes. But that is easily treated. For whatever reason, my HIV still shows up as neg. I really don't have an expectation that the guys who offer me up their cum meet certain criteria. It doesn't matter if I did. In fact, none of us could possibly know what out cum donor is packing...

But, for me anyway; saying "don't care" would be inaccurate. In truth, I don't care what my top is packing. However, I'll test every 3 - 6 months and whatever STI's show up, we'll treat. I came to that conclusion after a good bud of mine went blind from undetected/untreated Syphills. I don't test for the protection of others. I do it only for me.

Now, all of this is just too complex to put in a bbrt posting. If a guy is truly concerned about catching ANY of the bugs that are out there; then he probably shouldn't be playing like most of us here do...

Guest BgchaserATX

In my case, it means exactly what it says, I dont care what your status is.

I love having cum fucked into me and have been barebacking for almost 20 years. Poz cum, Neg cum, cum from people that aren't sure because they haven't been tested recently etc. doesnt matter to me. I want to make sure anyone who does answer my ad knows though, that I do take poz loads, so if they are neg and want to stay that way, they might not want to answer my ad.

If a person is Poz and wants to just fuck me bare, thats fine. If they want to get kinky with it, thats fine too. I just dont care as long as I end up with their cum in my hole.

For me "don't care" means just that. I do not care if you are poz or neg. i just want your load. I only test once a year and I never stop barebacking so my results are only a snapshot. My last test came back negative. When a guy asks my status, I truthfully say I do not know. For me it just says I want your load and nothing more.

I really don't want anything else that I will have to deal with like Herpes, Syphilis or Hepatitis. I always assume that he is positive at the very least.

It means he's the status I have to avoid. If he doesn't care he probably doesn't know and if he barebacks regularly he could be giving me something I don't have, don't want and definitely do not need. Being poz is challenging enough, especially in the beginning. I definitely do not want to add on Hep C to mix. Everything matters more when you are poz cause your immune system is compromised. Why make it worse. Poz guys on meds are my safest bet. Safer than "neg" guys who could be lying, unaware, or unsure. No thanks.

You know, honestly, I like to feel like I am always able to refuse a load, to make me feel more in control of this crazy experience I am having called my life, but given the opportunity to take 12 loads I don't know that I would suddenly start screening to make sure no one has anything more than HIV. If given the option, I would prefer not to take loads from Poz plus guys. But I know I won't change my behaviors too much.

I don't understand how so many guys get all refusal when comes to condom fucking. If you really want the load, take the fuck, keep the condom or have him stuff it up your ass. Either way, you get that load too.

for me the 'anything goes' option on a4a is even more confusing. i've actually had to explain to guys who had it in their own profile that it is interpreted as meaning 'i will have bareback sex with you even if you're poz.'

and don't get me started on 'misc fetishes.....'

I read it as "I don't care what my status is, I'm not concerned if I'm neg or poz and I don't get tested." It's actually something that turns me off when I see it, if a guy doesn't care about his status, then he's probably a mess in his life. I know this is all my interpretation and it's kinda judgmental, but it's what goes through my head when I see "don't care."

Just my 2 cents worth. I suspect it means for some at least- I am poz, but I might have a friend or coworker see this profile , and I don't want them to know, so Dont Care will let me let others know I am a pig without disclosing my status in any definitive way. And yeah, the coworker will see the profile and know the guy is a pig-- but will not automatically be made aware of any infection status - until the chance comes along to ask in person

Having had the "Don't Care" as an answer in my own profile for a very long time, I can say that, for me, it meant: I bareback all the time, I haven't been tested, and don't care if I'm still neg or have been pozed and will take anyone's load/fuck anyone's raw hole. Truly an "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

Having had a real ugly bout of PCP (Pneumocystis Pneumonia) June of last year it finally lead me to face my HIV situation. My viral load was through the roof (130K) and my CD4 count was 20. Needless to say, I freaked out. I've been on meds for seven months now and, fortunately, my viral load has dropped to almost undetectable and my CD4 is making a slow but steady climb. -- With that said, would I take a load from guy with a "Don't Care" status? Probably not (I'll still breed one, though). I would much rather fuck around with someone who's at least "caring" enough to get on meds. As another poster mentioned, dealing with this HIV thing is already complicated enough. I don't want to make it harder on myself.

Edited by Caliber26