Crab control conversation.

1 hour ago, pervinmt said:

True. Both times I contracted crabs were from a bathhouse. Could have been the guys. Could have been the bedding.

The bedding is less likely. From what I have observed of the practice in most bathhouses, the linens are gathered and washed in hot water after each use, which should be sufficient to eliminate most infestation due to the bedding.

Recently my partner and I stayed in a hotel in Memphis. We both ended up with a case was a result of the room. Everything seemed to be clean enough but the story told and several body treatments later we are finally rid of them. Nothing to be taken lightly.

Had them twice. First time was from a violent vagrant I was in the process of arresting. He was an alcoholic who'd stolen booze from an off-licence and assaulted the sales assistant. I ended up rolling around on the floor being punched in the head. Got concussion and crabs! Second time was from a hairy guy I was sleeping with. He was very hairy and sexy as he'll. Both times I got some stuff from the chemist that stunk but killed them off quickly. Have to say, it put me off casual sex for a while. It was worse than the various other minor STIs I've had.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeardyBearBob said:

Had them twice. First time was from a violent vagrant I was in the process of arresting. He was an alcoholic who'd stolen booze from an off-licence and assaulted the sales assistant. I ended up rolling around on the floor being punched in the head. Got concussion and crabs! Second time was from a hairy guy I was sleeping with. He was very hairy and sexy as he'll. Both times I got some stuff from the chemist that stunk but killed them off quickly. Have to say, it put me off casual sex for a while. It was worse than the various other minor STIs I've had.

I also have had them put me off casual sex for a while. Such a hassle. 

I can't count the number of times I've had crabs. For me the most common place has been in my beard and mustache.  I do distinctly remember many years ago after a fun night sucking dick through gloryholes in a bookstore, sitting at a conference table with the several coworkers and scratching my mustache and looking at my fingernail and seeing one. I quickly made an excuse and headed to first the drug store then home. 

On 6/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, viking8x6 said:

On a related topic, scabies are ever so much nastier than crabs... they can affect you all over even if you're not that hairy, they itch like fury, and they are substantially harder to get rid of (read: coat your body with insecticidal lotion and leave it on for 8 hours, twice). Please, if you ever cross paths with them, exterminate them with extreme prejudice!!!

Scabies are definitely much more of a hassle and actually easier to catch.