Crab control conversation.

I hope this topic is relevant for any and all sex positive members but especially for all us hairy guys.

I can't even count the number of times I've picked up crabs and I'm hairy enough (not pelted) that I have one hell of a time getting rid of them. If you have had similar problems please feel free to join in this conversation. If you have tips to share please share them through here with the community. 

For many years I wasn't active enough to bother shaving my pubes but have had to resort as I got over sexual hang ups and freed myself to be more adventurous. I love my hairy body and hairy guys so really didn't understand the shaving fetish, but, of necessity have mostly relented. Have others felt the same?

The other thing I've been wondering about lately is; why do we not have a pill available for this? I used to have a dog. He got a pill flea treatment every so often and voila 'no flees'.  Why do we have more compassion for our dogs than humans? 

I suspect it has a lot to do with being such a sex phobic culture. This reality makes it hard to advocate for the research money needed to develop such a drug.  I have no doubt marketing the product would not be a  problem these days. We hairy guys might even open the franchises  ... lol.

I look forward to seeing if this conversation gets off the ground. 

If you'd rather message me your thoughts I'm open to that as well. 

If I've missed this topic somewhere on this forum you could also direct me to that conversation. 

In the meantime, happy unencumbered humping everyone!

Oh yeah! If you know you have crabs 🦀 or suspect you might, please do your best to get rid of them before you hookup. I  suspect their are very few of us, even on this forum, with a fetish for 'chasing crabs.'

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tanbbottom said:

Oh yeah! If you know you have crabs 🦀 or suspect you might, please do your best to get rid of them before you hookup. I  suspect their are very few of us, even on this forum, with a fetish for 'chasing crabs.'

Pretty please with sugar on top!!!

Please gentlemen, self respect and self-care are SEXY.

Crabs are definitely NOT sexy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FunCheerSlut said:

Pretty please with sugar on top!!!

Please gentlemen, self respect and self-care are SEXY.

Crabs are definitely NOT sexy.

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing FunCheerSlut

I have only had crabs once. It wasn’t a pleasant experience to say the least.  I am not a hairy guy but the first thing I did was remove every hair on my body that was not on my head. I have not had them since but If I did get them again I would do the same thing.

• Upvote 1

I've caught crabs twice, both were horrible experiences. Thankfully I'm not hairy enough to spread over my body or into my beard (thank god I didn't catch them there). 

Like you I love hairy guys, most I do is trim my pubes to make them tidy. I really don't understand the whole shaving every hair off your body. 

I'm pretty sure crabs are considered merely a nuisance and are not hazardous since they don't carry or cause other illnesses. While they are annoying, they can be eliminated by shaving the effected area and/or using a lice killing shampoo.  A pill would most likely be ineffective since you would have to ingest a pesticide and then exude it through your pores for it to come in contact with the lice. Meanwhile ... you'd have pesticides circulating through your body. The more targeted approach of using a lice killing shampoo only on the effected areas is probably considered safer. If you frequently encounter crabs, you could add use of that shampoo to your after sex shower as a precaution.

You mentioned as a comparison the flea treatment for dogs. It's been years since I had a dog, however if I remember correctly, I used flea and tick shampoo as a preventative. There was a pill for heartworms that are transmitted by mosquitos. I think there are now pills that add the flea treatment to the heartworm pill. If you are using these kinds of treatments, (and you should prevent heartworms), you are putting pesticides into your pets every month, but in this case, it is seen as a better option as it prevents debilitating illness.  

• Like 1

Crabs, or pubic lice (Pthirus pubis) are insects, but cannot be avoided in the manner of fleas. There is no such thing as louse repellent. They are passed from person to person by close physical contact, and humans are their only host. They lay eggs which they attach to the shaft of the pubic hair, and the adults feed on human blood. They can infest other areas of body hair, including eyebrows and lashes, but not the hair of the head (apparently they don’t want to encroach on the turf of head lice).

Treatment involves the thorough application of creams or shampoos to kill lice and eggs, along with scrupulous cleaning of clothes and bedding to get rid of all lice not on the body. They will not go away on their own. Below is a link to the CDC sheet on treatment:

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/pubic/treatment.html#:~:text=A lice-killing lotion containing,local drug store or pharmacy.

I have never had them. How I have dodged that bullet, given as many groins as have ground themselves against my cunt, I cannot say.

This is something that I have had a number of times (5 I think).. the last time was in Melbourne (Australia) over 30 years ago.. I got brutal.. fly spray around genitals and body hair (lower body).. waited 15 mins then a good warm/hot shower really cleaning all points.. all clothes/bedding then went thru the washing machine with hot water.. and the dryer on hot. Cleaned that lot up.. nothing since.. hopefully on-going. 

Doctors have an Rx that will irradicate crab (pubic lice).  The active ingredient is permethrin, an insecticide also used by farmers (though not in ointment form, hah!).

I went to my doc and got a cream that I applied to my groin and the itching was gone in days, IIRC.  It's been awhile.  I've not had crabs in over 20+ years.

12 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Treatment involves the thorough application of creams or shampoos to kill lice and eggs, along with scrupulous cleaning of clothes and bedding to get rid of all lice not on the body.

And there's where the stigma about crabs is silly.  Crabs are not an STI.  Yet the CDC's own website assumes sex and STIs -- wow: [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/pubic/treatment.html

I got crabs from sleeping in a college mate's dorm room.  We slept together -- not "slept together" -- we did not have sex.  The crabs were in his bed linens.

Crabs are like bed bugs.  Yet here we are on BZ with an OP feeling comfortable talking with some sex pigs about it.  🤨

Edited by chipygmalion80
pubic

3 hours ago, chipygmalion80 said:

Crabs are not an STI.

Better to say that crabs are not necessarily an STI, but the principal route of transmission is still direct physical contact between hosts, and as these are pubic lice, that contact is usually has something to do with bumping uglies. What we can say is that crabs are not an infection, but rather an infestation.

The stigma around lice, aside from them being a colossal pain in the ass, arises largely from their association with poor hygiene. While anyone can get lice, we tend to look upon people who allow insects to live on their bodies as unclean.

• Upvote 2

• Moderators

I'm moderately hairy all over, and like it that way (as well as in my partners - @Tanbbottom, I'd probably find you super hot in your natively hirsute state).

I've had crabs about half a dozen times, including at least once where I didn't actually have sexual contact (yes, you can catch these from a toilet seat). They are very easy to catch, but fortunately fairly easy to get rid of as well. I got prescription pyrethrins a few times, but they're also available over the counter, and in fact flea shampoo for dogs and cats is the same stuff exactly and works perfectly well (or does for me anyway). Make sure you leave it on a full 5-10 minutes! I find it's important to remove the nits (my fingernails seem to work better than a comb) and any lice that I can, as sometimes the insecticide only stuns them. Physically removing them is guaranteed. I used to have to treat twice on occasion, but since I started using this approach, I've not had any relapses.

On a related topic, scabies are ever so much nastier than crabs... they can affect you all over even if you're not that hairy, they itch like fury, and they are substantially harder to get rid of (read: coat your body with insecticidal lotion and leave it on for 8 hours, twice). Please, if you ever cross paths with them, exterminate them with extreme prejudice!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Better to say that crabs are not necessarily an STI, but the principal route of transmission is still direct physical contact between hosts, and as these are pubic lice, that contact is usually has something to do with bumping uglies. What we can say is that crabs are not an infection, but rather an infestation.

The stigma around lice, aside from them being a colossal pain in the ass, arises largely from their association with poor hygiene. While anyone can get lice, we tend to look upon people who allow insects to live on their bodies as unclean.

True. Both times I contracted crabs were from a bathhouse. Could have been the guys. Could have been the bedding.