MANY Red States Now BLOCKED!

3 minutes ago, NEDenver said:

I think it depends on the woman.  Liz Cheney and Sarah Huckabee Sandrrs?  Hate LGBTQ.  Taylor Swift, Cher, Kamala Harris?  No hate.

it probably depends more on church membership than anything, and evangelicals are bleeding members right now.

I'm thinking more of what you Americans would perhaps refer to as small town American mothers and the vast numbers of them who are religious. 

On 9/23/2024 at 7:57 PM, NEDenver said:

Small town mothers are far fewer in number than city women.

Not only that, but while there are undoubtedly lots of "small town mothers" who hate LGBT people, they're vastly outnumbered by the "small town fathers" who do the same. American women in general, even small-town mothers, even in red states, tend to be more liberal on LGBT issues than their male counterparts. Which is why I say it's misogynistic; it's either saying women have more of a responsibility to be pro-LGBT than men do, or else it's ignoring that by far the worst excesses of anti-LGBT hatred come from men. 

And I'd argue that there are certainly small-town mothers in the UK (and elsewhere) who are as adamantly anti-LGBT as any in the US.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.