How to tell if an introvert likes you? 😀

Carlos1881

It’s no secret that introverts are not as vocal about their feelings as extroverts. In fact, the quiet ones often feel like their thoughts are better off left unsaid. But if you’re paying close attention, there may be some telltale signs that an introvert secretly likes you.

- They answer the call.

- They give you half of their 'alone time' (this is a huge sign!)

- They go out with you to socialize.

- They make you their priority.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts if there is anything else to look out for 

Have a great day and week

Carlos 😀

• Like 3

Speaking as someone who's quite introverted - perhaps as a result of being slightly 'on the spectrum', one of the most difficult things is eye contact. If someone I don't know well makes eye contact with me then it makes me feel really uncomfortable - even if I like them. Similarly I struggle with making eye contact - either across a room or in conversation. I'll tend to look at their sneakers, an item of clothing they're wearing, a tattoo, or something else instead. 

• Upvote 1

idk, in my experience, i do not find many guys who are open about their feelings.  i think Western culture has long conditioned against males sharing, or even having, feelings. i believe all humans have emotions and cognition, but i do not find many guys who are in touch with what and how they feel. The lack of self awareness results in an inability, or lack of skill, when it comes to articulating about ones feelings.

i think fear plays into it quite a bit as well. Culture promotes the notion that 'image is everything,' so we end up with a culture where people wear a facade instead of presenting as they are, hoping to get some form of acceptance and affirmation.  But it's a very empty way to live because the true self is not seen,  so such a one never knows if they are liked. 

i'm not one for advocating wearing the proverbial heart on the sleeve, but i do think we miss out on the beauty of connecting and bonding because we hide our feelings.  Even extroverts are not necessarily showing what is really there.  Being open is vulnerable, it's always a risk, but if there's attraction, i think it's worth the risk. 

• Upvote 1

This is an interesting issue that I don't really understand.  

I've been told since adolescence that I possess some kind of - oh - aloofness? - that others may find off-putting.  That's the very last thing I think that I display, or try to display.  I'm not insecure in who I am, and while everyone can always improve themselves in some ways, I'm not ashamed of who I am, I actively try to be the best human being I can be.  Does that make me an introvert?  An extrovert? 

To the OP's original points, I have friends that answer my call, or call back.  That doesn't mean they do or don't want my Cock - it's just what friends do, right?  I have friends who come over when they feel like it, or want some 'alone' time with me.  That doesn't mean they need to get fucked.  It means they want to spend some time with a friend, doesn't it?  Yesterday I went over to a local sportsbar to watch games with a friend.  We ate there (locals: Gym has great bar-food, and it always comes exactly as ordered), we talked about all kinds of things (Bears lost, of course).  I have friends I can call on for help if I need it, and they know they can and do call me if they need something.  But none of them (all but one knows what a sexual pig I am) seem to be looking for anything more than that.  

I really hope this thread takes off, because I'd love to know more about this particular issue. 

I'm wary of pop psychology, but I'm an avid reader of the weekly newsletter from introvertdear.com. Of course, there are lots of articles about being friends or in a relationship with an introverted person. As to the precise question posed by the OP, the topic was covered in [think before following links] https://introvertdear.com/news/9-signs-an-introvert-likes-you-as-more-than-a-friend/. FWIW, the article was spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks, ejaculaTe, for the post and the very interesting article.

So, to the 9-point signs:

I must fall into the "mixed bag" crowd; a couple applied, most  didn't.  So maybe there's such a thing as mostly one with some qualities of the other in that mixed bag.  

That said, it was a most interesting discussion by the author.  Thanks for posting it.

On 8/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, Carlos1881 said:

It’s no secret that introverts are not as vocal about their feelings as extroverts. In fact, the quiet ones often feel like their thoughts are better off left unsaid. But if you’re paying close attention, there may be some telltale signs that an introvert secretly likes you.

- They answer the call.

- They give you half of their 'alone time' (this is a huge sign!)

- They go out with you to socialize.

- They make you their priority.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts if there is anything else to look out for 

Have a great day and week

Carlos 😀

As an introvert I value my alone time so so much. I also don’t like a lot of people in my space for a prolonged period. So the fact I can take having you around me more than a day or 2 without having to recharge is huge.

• Like 1