Ghosting nonsense

Sfmike64

On 11/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, gwmxyz said:

Taking the example from earlier in the thread I cant imagine, many bosses in this day and age caring that they had a gay colleague.

You live in a huge metropolitan city noted for its international connections. "Bosses in this day and age" in Hong Kong are not representative of bosses in, say, Lubbock, Texas. Or Billings, Montana. Or Dothan, Alabama. Or any of a thousand more smaller urban areas in the U.S. that still are pissed they can't arrest people for gay sex.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, gwmxyz said:

I suspect many vocations to the priesthood were motivated by a fear of "becoming" gay. 

Rather, I suspect it was that the gay men who took that vocation figured being a priest would somehow insulate them from those temptations - and provide spiritual reinforcement for fighting temptation. Because I think most of those guys didn't think "being gay" was a thing - you were "doing gay things" (ie sinning). For most hard-core Catholics, homosexuality was only something you DID, not something you ARE, because to admit the latter suggests that whole business of "God made me this way".

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Piggyybttmm said:

Prob not gonna be a popular opinion here, but I don't see a problem with what they did. I think ghosting is wrong when there's some emotional investment and y'all been talking for a while...but thats not the case here, y'all were speaking briefly. sexually., he's wants something you're not into. Clearly, that's not gonna work for him. Why waste time with formalities? 

Because formalities are what make people different from animals, for one thing. We have prescribed social conventions for things precisely so that we don't offend/anger others, in a way other creatures can't.

People who look at things strictly from the perspective of "what's in it for me" deserve pretty much nothing, in my view.

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2023 at 7:09 AM, ellentonboy said:

But to block me prior to even knowing for sure I would be moving here was a real punch in the gut.

That’s an awful story, but common. Unfortunately, many gays are on the eternal quest for “something hotter,” so friendship, honesty and loyalty don’t factor in. 

One thing I’ve learned as a gay, is you have to be emotionally guarded, have tough skin and most of all, be able to fully turn the page quickly. That still doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt like hell sometimes. 

Edited by BlackDude
  • Like 2