Sounding injuries, do they heal naturally?

Heya, I recently injured myself when sounding (only about 4" in) and there was blood but I just wanted to check whether this is something that will heal naturally or if I need to see a doctor about it. When I went to urinate the first time afterwards there was some blood and scar tissue that came out, since then it's been like a little blob of slightly red viscose cum each time but no actual blood. It's been about a day and a half since now. But it's more the concern of whether it can be infected through contact with urine (which isn't as sterile as people would like to think). 

Has anyone else had these kinds of injuries and what action did you have to take? 

5 hours ago, BritishCumdump said:

Heya, I recently injured myself when sounding (only about 4" in) and there was blood but I just wanted to check whether this is something that will heal naturally or if I need to see a doctor about it. When I went to urinate the first time afterwards there was some blood and scar tissue that came out, since then it's been like a little blob of slightly red viscose cum each time but no actual blood. It's been about a day and a half since now. But it's more the concern of whether it can be infected through contact with urine (which isn't as sterile as people would like to think). 

Has anyone else had these kinds of injuries and what action did you have to take? 

I'm not sure how experienced you are with sounding, however a visit to the doctor would be highly recommended. Even better, got to A&E. No need to be shy now. Everyone's inside, just like the outside appearance, is different and you may have damaged a wall or cause an obstruction which may explain the blob. But do visit the A&E today. If it's nothing, then you're in the clear and happy days..

8 hours ago, BritishCumdump said:

whether it can be infected through contact with urine (which isn't as sterile as people would like to think). 

Without addressing the main question (which I can't answer, so I would defer to others or at least suggest going to an urgent care/walk-in clinic), I will note this: references to urine's sterility is in terms of "sterile to the conditions of YOUR body". Obviously, if you have an infection in your bladder or urethra, for instance, your urine will contain those bacteria. And even if you don't: just as your gut contains bacteria that are necessary for your body to function, your bladder likely contains bacteria that help maintain the integrity of its lining.

What they mean by the "sterile" comments is that pretty much everything normally in your urine is something that is being filtered out of other parts of your body - as opposed to foreign bacteria, viruses, or fungi, which you might find in (for instance) water in a stream or puddle. But if you have an infection or similar condition in your urinary tract somewhere, all bets are off.

Sounding with actual sounds - that is items made of steel intended as medical instruments for the purpose of urethral insertion - bears little risk of causing bleeding through abrasion, tearing or puncture, as the surface is extremely smooth. You can do it, nevertheless, if you misuse them, applying them at an angle, too quickly, or with too much force. If sanitary protocols are not rigorous, it is very easy to introduce bacteria into the urethra even with genuine sounds. Using any other rigid object stands the risk of damage to the urethral wall, which is extremely delicate. Rough, rapid, or forceful sounding is not recommended.

A little bleeding may occur if there is some scratch or abrasion, as may occur if sounds are cheaply made and not absolutely smooth. You may also feel burning when you urinate. In my experience this generally resolves overnight. You should not, however, be peeing clotted blood, torn tissue, pus, or anything other than red blood, and it should not continue bleeding. If it does, that suggests significant damage and/or a urinary tract infection. A UTI is not going to resolve on its own, and will require medical care.

Before you sound again (if you ever do after this) be sure to read up on all the do’s and don’ts - you really need to know what you’re doing to sound safely.

• Upvote 1