Why is San Francisco cruise/sex venue scene so incredibly depressing?

With the high crime and with the DA & Gov letting people out of jail and prisons, CA is like many other states doing the same.  So many of us have fled those cities & states.  Crime drives down the cost of land.  Easier for land grabbing at a much lower cost.  As nice as it is to make drugs legal, it's also not helping the crime and many big companies have gotten tired of losing billions so they have moved out.  Some news media don't show how bad the crime is.  Most only see one side to things and think it's the correct way.  What if it's not?  What if both sides are whacked and they are just playing each other against each other for their entertainment?   

• Upvote 1

@Nude I do my best to get my information from credible news sources.  For this holiday season I really hope the R group gets their shit together.  The Orange Clown dominates the noise and that is socially damaging.  Glad to see the other candidates starting to push back for themselves instead of OC.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't belong or follow either D or R.  Never fell into that deep hole.  I do watch Congress on YouTube.  Have been for years.  I've never trusted the news media as what comes out of their mouths isn't always true.  Like the weather person telling the weather and it never happens the way they said it would.  Too much reprogramming going on.  Turning people against others through politics.  Humans are better than that.  Taxpayers have to follow the laws but criminals don't.  In CA, OR, NY, and WA crime is legal.  Not seeing the full picture is what hurts the world today.  Jumping into a nice expensive car, we only see the cool facade, not what's behind it, or learning how it's made.  The same goes for everything in life on earth. 

• Like 1

Gentrification, greed, increased homophobia (valé kink.com as a California business, having moved to Las Vegas because it was hounded out (ironically) by Michael Weinstein via Cal/OHSA). Also the increase in overall puritanicalism, plus a lot of hotels doing what they’ve lately done in NYC - and requiring keycard access to elevators (and locking exterior access to/interior egress from stairwells). 

Edited by TaKinGDeePanal
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand the need for "venues".  Simply get a hotel room in a decent area, and sign on to any number of sites.  Use your web cam, promote yourself.  There is enough dick in San Fran to go around, even post covid.

You can check into your hotel, have food delivered to your room, and order dick as well.  I don't understand the issue really, just confirm the hotel's guest policy and they may limit allowing people access to your room after a certain hour.  The establishment I use just requires I come down to the lobby and let my trick in.  I read these posts about how bad it has become, and yes I see that, THE DAY I CHECK INTO MY ROOM.  I am not there to site-see, I saw everything I needed to see in 2007.  I go there to fuck, plain and simple.

So some homeless person asks you for a dollar, so what.?  Move along, use your judgment, you'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Nude said:

I don't belong or follow either D or R.  Never fell into that deep hole.

Good man - Divisive labels. 

Four years ago I voted in the last General Election. And from what I have learned in the last few years that is the last time I will be giving away my power of attorney via the futile 'act' of voting. I now take my power back. Unlike yourself I did fall into that deep hole (I will reserve that just for sex from now on, lol, for when I am returned to society with health returned permitting.)

It's all BS, but, it keeps many occupied with fighting and anger as divisions continue to grow deeper. What if that is the point? The human ego for which we all possess seems to have evolved in many into a monster without boundaries. If I may use two words from the title of this thread, I find it all incredibly depressing. But, as I have removed myself from living a life 'under' the boot of admiralty/maritime law which doesn't even acknowledge me the living man but my strawman (a dead entity lost at sea) under the guise of being me the living man then it is made easier on a personal level albeit my heart continues to cry for my fellow man. 

As for media not always telling the truth. I think it has reached a point that we the people do not receive any truth, whether it be intentional or even through lack of knowledge on the part of the journalist. As someone who has for sometime now been looking and trying to relocate I follow real estate very closely, and as a result from being blessed to watch a YT channel of someone who has been in the business for 25 odd years (and very easy on the eye too, phwooooaaar) and who tells it how it really is and is seeking for there to be transparency within the industry, it is clear that the media are continually and regularly publishing manipulated and skewed data when it comes to real estate, and the economy too. Data in recent months on both counts are showing things as all fine and dandy. It bloody well is not. 

I sincerely hope in my soul that something suddenly shits and for the better, because from my observations humanity cannot go on like this for much longer. Thank God I have hope through all the noise and chaos. 

If I could have two things for Christmas it would be to have my health restored so I can live once again instead of just merely existing, and the other, for humanity to unite and as a result of that unity to heal with the new found peace. 

Merry Christmas. 

I am neither D or R myself.  I am locally elected in a village which by charter is non partisan (I suspect Teddy Roosevelt trial influenced that when we incorporated in 1915).  I also am a local election inspector (one of the folks who check records, id, and hand out ballots to qualified voters).  

When we have just local elections less than 10% turn out to vote, even though local is what most impact individuals on a day to day basis.  I would love to see the tides change and people read info local candidates write and vote local.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...