Is sex addiction real?

brnbk

Is sex addiction real?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is sex addiction a real addiction

• No – Sex addiction is basically repressed individuals refusing to accept their God given sexuality.
    • Yes – Anything can become an addiction; Even a natural thing like gambling or shopping, and so can sex. It is basically a loss of control over a particular instinct.
    • Maybe - I hate picking sides as I don't want to be divisive!

I think you cann become a sex addict, anything that takes over your life completely is an addiction. I quite often have to take a step back and consider how much time I devote to pursuing sex, when I'm stuck somewhere that it isn't easy to come by. It isn't a huge problem for me when I'm somewhere people are readily available for quick casual hookups, I don't have a problem I can get my needs/want and get on with the rest of my life.

addiction is often subjective so we are always looking for rules like " most people only do this common thing 2-3 times a week so if you're doing it 8-10 times a week you may have a problem" 

i sat in on a SA 12 step for a few meetings years ago mainly because i found myself increasingly barebacking and that worried me. the people speaking at the meeting were literally out of control and ruining their lives so it just made me think i wasn't addicted after all. 

i've kinda come to think it's a problem if YOU think it's a problem. otherwise, what does it matter what benchmark you passed or not.