Always breaking the rules?

On 1/2/2024 at 3:12 PM, viking8x6 said:

Breeding Zone is organized into a variety of different Forums (and subforums inside them). Because there are a LOT of topics here, we ask that you try to post your topics in the appropriate place for their content (by subject). There are certain topics that are restricted to specific Forums. Posting those topics outside their appropriate forum will get you a penalty (often a 3-day suspension of your posting privileges). This is to keep topics that aren't appropriate for everyone from being viewed by people who really don't want to see them. Two of the three times you broke the rules were because you posted one of these restricted topics in the wrong place.

You can find a complete explanation of what goes where in the topic "Read This Before Posting" and the topics that are linked from it, which also explain what things are NOT ALLOWED anywhere on Breeding Zone.

You really, really, REALLY need to standardize your format to help people find out where each fetish or combined fetishes are supposed to be posted.  In one forum you have subforums specifically devoted to a topic that others post threads under.  In another forum you have random threads only.  In a third forum you have a thread that has 100+ posts for the topic.  It's honestly a colossal mess.  Which is why people keep posting in the "wrong" forum despite trying to follow the rules.

I know it's a pain.  But would you admin please, please, PLEASE spend some time developing a standardized forum->subforum->topic scheme that better indicates where we should post things like "Recent Load" stories if they are non-feitish, HIV fetish, other fetish, etc?  And make official "Fiction" and "Non-Fiction subforums in EACH category so we better know where to place threads and posts?

Navigating this site is not easy.  Posting correctly is even harder.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@BigBearSean - you are preaching to the choir. In a lot of such cases, there literally aren't appropriate places to place individual posts that are edge cases or are intersectional (e.g. hetero chemsex). If you have a case like that, make your best guess and if you're in doubt about whether it's a sensitive topic, feel free to report it yourself and have a moderator weigh in. If you report things yourself, you will not get a penalty.

As for revising and improving the structure, we moderators can only suggest things; @rawTOP has to make any actual changes. His intent (for quite some time now) has been to reboot the site entirely using a completely new infrastructure, because the old infrastructure is antiquated and is really not that well-suited for the purposes he's putting it to here anyway. Therefore he's not focused on making the current site better, so much as making the new one better than the old one. Then of course he also was out for a big chunk of time last year for health reasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

@BigBearSean - you are preaching to the choir. In a lot of such cases, there literally aren't appropriate places to place individual posts that are edge cases or are intersectional (e.g. hetero chemsex). If you have a case like that, make your best guess and if you're in doubt about whether it's a sensitive topic, feel free to report it yourself and have a moderator weigh in. If you report things yourself, you will not get a penalty.

As for revising and improving the structure, we moderators can only suggest things; @rawTOP has to make any actual changes. His intent (for quite some time now) has been to reboot the site entirely using a completely new infrastructure, because the old infrastructure is antiquated and is really not that well-suited for the purposes he's putting it to here anyway. Therefore he's not focused on making the current site better, so much as making the new one better than the old one. Then of course he also was out for a big chunk of time last year for health reasons.

Probably easiest to restart, yes.  And have an "Archived" forum where he places all the old stuff as is.  It'll be a mess to search through, but still there for reference and review.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:18 AM, ellentonboy said:

I think there is a difference between "breaking the rules" and just making a mistake, plain and simple.  I've posted in the wrong areas, and didn't take the time to find out "what post goes where".  As far as my opinion on certain subjects, I've been told this is a "safe place" to discuss certain subjects.  I've tried to contain myself and just remained quiet when I am repulsed by something, but then again some of my activities I posted  aren't accepted or appreciated either.  I'm still learning, it's a process....

I try not to verbalize my answer and just do a like.

On 1/6/2024 at 5:24 PM, Bimarried001 said:

To protect myself from getting suspended again I just limit what I say here. I’m on several sites and this is the only one where I’ve been Disciplined. 

Exactly.  I try not to verbalize my answer to a post and just do a "like"

Part of the confusion about what is appropriate to post where comes, I think, from the presence of the catalog of older content created before the current posting structure was established in its present, enforced form. If one digs backward far enough, it’s not unlikely one will find topics or posts that if made today would earn the poster an infraction. Yet there they are, setting a bad example for what should be permissible, and the task of cleaning up and reordering that amount of content now would be like cleaning the Augean Stables (i.e., shoveling an immense amount of shit).

One possible solution might be to establish a read-only archive of all topics older than a certain date, and then doing a mass transfer of all of that related content at once, partitioning it from the active site. Doing so would also eliminate the problem of people resurrecting necrothreads to reply to inquiries made by people who haven’t been on the site for a decade.

Given the tendency to topic redundancy here (‘Looking For Tips On How To Be A Cumdump’ seems to get asked anew every second week) it’s unlikely that much would get swept under the rug with such a measure.

• Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.