Interesting Article About Homosexuality and Darwinism

10 hours ago, ktopper said:

I myself had no interest in men throughout my formative teen years or early adulthood

For what it's worth, I never cared for girls much - from grade school days on.  It's not that I had any notion of what "sex" was, I didn't.  I just didn't like how girls behaved, being silly, all the damn giggling, little girls trying to bat their eyes at little boys, the whole panoply of childish behavior.  I always gravitated to other boys.  To be clear, I hadn't so much as experienced a sexual thought at that time.  I just didn't like girls, which blessing has remained to this day.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

That's an interesting proposition.  Are you equally active with both women and men now?

I can't speak for @ktopper, but given equal opportunity, I can imagine being equally active with both men and women. Unfortunately I haven't found the situation yet.

25 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

For what it's worth, I never cared for girls much - from grade school days on.  It's not that I had any notion of what "sex" was, I didn't.  I just didn't like how girls behaved, being silly, all the damn giggling, little girls trying to bat their eyes at little boys, the whole panoply of childish behavior.  I always gravitated to other boys.  To be clear, I hadn't so much as experienced a sexual thought at that time.  I just didn't like girls, which blessing has remained to this day.  

I'm guessing you don't have a "fag hag", neither do I, but it seems like a lot of gay men do. I do however have a few close friendships with both sexes, but not with the type of gays that attract "fag hags" or the type of women who are.

• Like 1

You're a prescient one, NWUSHorny. 

Nope - never experienced the "fag hag" syndrome.  I remember a few trying, years ago - mostly in undergrad.  I put up with one for a few months though - her grandfather had given her his old 1962, Series 62 Coupe-de-Ville with a 390 in it ... which I got to drive when we (f.h. and I) went someplace.  That made it somewhat tolerable, for a while .... and she wasn't all that pushy - more a mouse f.h. than one of those noisy ones.  

13 hours ago, ktopper said:

Yes, I also believe this is true. My experience is that both Bisexuals and fully gay men have a higher sex drive than straight men.

I am certainly not saying this isn't true, but I wonder if it's less true for "drive" than it is for "opportunity".

Despite decades of women's liberation and general societal changes, women are still looked down on for being promiscuous while men are quietly or not so quietly lauded for the same.

Plus, for gay men: many of us "know" we're gay from an age where we aren't yet even having sex, but many of those same gay men don't "accept" it or come out about it until after we've actually had sex with a man and figured out that it's for us. That sex, therefore, is often "hookup" in nature, rather than the beginning of a relationship, and so gay men usually have some "hookup" experience at the outset (and become accustomed to casual sex easily). Straight men don't have to come out, or "figure out" that they're straight, because everyone assumes they're straight from the start, and society is organized in a way to support that assumption. So while there may be just as much "drive", they don't have to experiment to find out if straight sex is really for them. Certainly young straight guys are usually eager to have sex, but I suspect that after many years of conditioning that women aren't going to put out easily (again, broadly speaking), and knowing that if they push for it too soon, it's likely to end any chance of it happening, I suspect straight men are just trained not to let their sex drive out to play as readily as gay men are.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hntnhole said:

That's an interesting proposition.  Are you equally active with both women and men now?

No, I hook up with way more men than women, although I do have one lady I have been intermittently hooking up with for years. I am married, BTW, but my marriage is sexless. It wasn't always that way but became so. So I look elsewhere to get my needs met. I have had enough gay sex that it has became my "go to" and I do find it incredibly hot. 

10 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I am certainly not saying this isn't true, but I wonder if it's less true for "drive" than it is for "opportunity".

Despite decades of women's liberation and general societal changes, women are still looked down on for being promiscuous while men are quietly or not so quietly lauded for the same.

Plus, for gay men: many of us "know" we're gay from an age where we aren't yet even having sex, but many of those same gay men don't "accept" it or come out about it until after we've actually had sex with a man and figured out that it's for us. That sex, therefore, is often "hookup" in nature, rather than the beginning of a relationship, and so gay men usually have some "hookup" experience at the outset (and become accustomed to casual sex easily). Straight men don't have to come out, or "figure out" that they're straight, because everyone assumes they're straight from the start, and society is organized in a way to support that assumption. So while there may be just as much "drive", they don't have to experiment to find out if straight sex is really for them. Certainly young straight guys are usually eager to have sex, but I suspect that after many years of conditioning that women aren't going to put out easily (again, broadly speaking), and knowing that if they push for it too soon, it's likely to end any chance of it happening, I suspect straight men are just trained not to let their sex drive out to play as readily as gay men are.

You make some great points and are probably mostly right. I based my statements on personal subjective observations which doesn't mean they are the norm. I have worked around and hung out with a lot of straight men and have noticed that a lot of them seem to lose their sex drive completely in their 30s. Perhaps the HS cheerleader they married, after a couple of kids and the standard American diet, is about a hundred pounds beyond appealing (as is he) and being family oriented Bubba isn't out pursuing other women. Which is admirable. I have had several straight men in their late 30s-40s tell me they don't even think about sex any more. But sex drive may be like other things, use it or lose it.

I think we basically agree. I have been told a few times that I'm not really gay because I like women too. OK, whatever, but I will continue enjoying gay sex for as long as possible. And enjoy it I do. Put me in a room with 9 hot young and horny naked ladies and one hot bubble-butt bottom and that bottom is probably gonna get bred.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ktopper said:

Put me in a room with 9 hot young and horny naked ladies and one hot bubble-butt bottom and that bottom is probably gonna get bred.

I would generally agree with that, but that is at least partially because you should put a dick that has been up an ass into a pussy because of the bacteria you may be introducing. I know my bi married buddy always carefully wiped down dicks with antibacterial wipes that had been in his or his wife's ass before allowing them back in her pussy even though we were using and changing condoms if we changed holes. There were times I shot in her ass, as well as times I shot in his ass.

• Like 1