Whats a good VPN for Android.

I use Mozilla von and for the 5 bucks it’s pretty reliable. It has a really decent amount of locations you can choose from. Plus it’s basic from the people who started the internet lol. I think you can have up to 5 devices on the account 

8 hours ago, Hole4u said:

I use Mozilla von and for the 5 bucks it’s pretty reliable. It has a really decent amount of locations you can choose from. Plus it’s basic from the people who started the internet lol. I think you can have up to 5 devices on the account 

I would only note that the Mozilla team in no way "started the internet," which dates back to the late 1960's at a time when Mark Andreessen, the guy who created Netscape (and moved on to Mozilla) wasn't even born yet.

What Andreessen did was create one of the first graphical browsers - but that was in 1994, by which time the internet was already 25+ years old. 

• Downvote 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:15 AM, Njn0mc said:

Anyone use a VPN on their android phone?

My carrier always routes me through a state that blocks breeding.zone.

Google One comes with it's own VPN which is decent and simple to use. If you're a Microsoft type Defender has its own VPN available. Same with Norton. I'd go with Google, though if you have a Pixel device it comes built in. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I would only note that the Mozilla team in no way "started the internet," which dates back to the late 1960's at a time when Mark Andreessen, the guy who created Netscape (and moved on to Mozilla) wasn't even born yet.

What Andreessen did was create one of the first graphical browsers - but that was in 1994, by which time the internet was already 25+ years old. 

What is colloquially referred to as "the internet" was originally called the world wide web, and was created in 1989 and opened to the public in 1991 (per wikipedia, which is right about this one, as we were there). Before that there was no such thing as a web site; one could transfer files and email (via their separate protocols), but there was no concept of a publicly viewable hypertext document that could be rendered as what we now know as a web page.

• Like 2

Any vpn over cellar?

I looked at so many vpns and they all only do wifi.  If im on cellar remotely I haven't yet found a vpn yet that can do vpn over cellar... hmm

23 minutes ago, Njn0mc said:

Any vpn over cellar?

I looked at so many vpns and they all only do wifi.  If im on cellar remotely I haven't yet found a vpn yet that can do vpn over cellar... hmm

Android or iPhone?  On my droid I manage my own security suite and thus to everything over VPN

Edited by JimInWisc

ExpressVPN. Bit pricey but works well on all devices I've tried it with. Plenty of locations. Great customer support for when you're trying to do something specific and having issues (say, Netflix region unblocking).

I use Private Internet Access. The prices they have are quite good if you subscribe for 1 or 3 years, and they are a court-proven no-log VPN with endpoints on servers that are use volatile RAM disks (meaning power reset or loss would mean nothing traffic-wise can be recovered)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.