who's posters adorned your bedroom walls in your youth.

We all have our icons. Rock or Pop Stars gil stars and even some aroused our sexual desires and wants as the years progressed. My favourite was Glam Rock stars either a scrap book full or a few on the walls as my other siblings married or left home. A bit of Nostalgia  leads to interesting discussions. You can ever add your guilty pleasures. 

• Upvote 1

I had something of a shrine to Schwarzenegger during my adolescence. I used to say it was because he was my fitness icon (yeah right!) Otherwise I had a lot of comic book posters. I still have a thing for spandex!

Freddie Mercury. 

And the poster is still hanging in my bedroom's wall. It is almost 30 years old, well framed and survived to two house changes. 

When my ex lived here I had to bring it downstairs in my studio because he hated Freddie... How the fuck have I been able to accept a guy hating Freddie, in my house and bed for five years! Low self-esteem does this and even worse. 

No matter, my current partner has helped me to frame it better, instead.

• Like 4

Had a few myself: Jean Claude van Damme, Prince Andrew in the Malvinas war, and Bill Clinton (way before Monica discovered him LOL).  Miami Vice Don Johnson was also there to calm my high school nerves. Eros Ramzzotti had a place of honour too. Last one was Mark Tewksbury jumping up and down in Barcelona when he won gold. He was my people after all!

Edited by EuRawBull

When I was younger (early 90s)? Beatles c December 1965 (I ran their Official Australian Fan Club from 92-94). Now? Just prints of paintings (although I have an framed and autographed Weird Al Yankovic Poster waiting to be put on the wall).

Edited by TaKinGDeePanal

9 hours ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

How the fuck have I been able to accept a guy hating Freddie

Extremely tolerant of you - I still LOVE Freddie. Great music, very intelligent man, and a wonderful soul.

If God is willing
Friends until the end

47 minutes ago, LeatherScorpionFF said:

Extremely tolerant of you - I still LOVE Freddie. Great music, very intelligent man, and a wonderful soul.

If God is willing
Friends until the end

I had a very very low self-esteem at that time! When you would do anything not to disappoint the person you think is loving you...

But that's the past; no longer worth talking about him (my ex, of course, not Freddie!)

And, beyond his music, if I have Freddie's poster still in my bedroom is because I always think about all initiatives taken to get funds for AIDS research. Including 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert where even George Michael sang.

If we have meds now, if we can survive to AIDS and even have the possibility to bareback safely, it may be for the money raised by the foundation created in his honor. His death hasn't been in vain.

• Like 2

This question makes me feel a lot of things.

I was in a Catholic boy's home for most of puberty and I never had any posters (dormitory partition walls) that were about what I cared about. It was too exposing in a group of 30-40 kids in my dorm where bullying was a daily fact of life. 

I never got to have posters like you're all talking about. Firstly, there was no money to buy something like that. The boys at this home were known as "beggars" after all. Even if there had been, anything I cared about or connected to would have made me vulnerable.

I feel a bit envious of you all having this memory to look back on. I'm glad you have them, but I feel... cheated of that same experience.