Sleepy Joe? Not so much ...

hntnhole

Post-SOTU address last night, I doubt anyone that want's to be taken seriously can let the phrase "sleepy Joe" escape their mouths/fingers anymore.  

Over an hour of energetic proposals to right the wrongs of "his predecessor", the do-nothing/accomplish nothing worth noting poseur.  There were plenty of proposals, new ideas how to right the wrongs, improve the lives of not merely his supporters, but of every citizen.  Compare that depth and breadth of Biden's proposals to the shallow, thin veneer of hatreds offered by his bloviating opponent.  

Of note, the simpering little boy sitting behind the President's left shoulder appeared to be fighting back the tears of his failures, his party's failures, and the failures of his world-view.  

There simply couldn't be a more clear difference between the two running for President.    

• Upvote 2

I thought he would have been better served by a slightly shorter speech, but he definitely projected vigor and competence.

He hit on both topics I agree with and disagree with. I definitely enjoyed watching Mikey squirm when he covered topics that tracked much closer to the traditional Republican positions than the MAGA parties current positions that have been handed down by decree of His Orange Hindness and can no longer even be debated within the Republican Party. There were a lot of policies to cover that meet that criteria, and most of those positions no doubt angered the far left wing of his own party as much as it angered the MAGA.

• Upvote 3

I affectionately refer to our president as "Grandpa Joe".  I am glad he leaned into his age last night.  It isn't his youth; there are plenty of staff to manage the heavy lifting.  Political finesse is still relevant and Grandpa Joe has that in spades.  The "worst case scenario" isn't so bad either; that being that if our president dies Veep Harris takes over.  Not my first choice but I am confident she will do a good enough job at least, and we might be pleasantly surprised and reelect her.  

WRT the SOTU; he did quite well.  Stumbled over some words; but honestly how many of us would stand there and never stumble over words.  If that is the metric we're using the Orange dictator gives master class lessons on stumbling over words; malapropisms.  

The Republican response only needed rain, sad music and puppies added.  I listened to the whole thing; but man it is frustrating when they are actively blocking a solution to the problem they are trying to lay at Grandpa Joe's feet.  Obvious bullshit like that is simply offensive.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, PozBearWI said:

The Republican response only needed rain, sad music and puppies added.  I listened to the whole thing; but man it is frustrating when they are actively blocking a solution to the problem they are trying to lay at Grandpa Joe's feet.  Obvious bullshit like that is simply offensive.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Post-SOTU address last night, I doubt anyone that want's to be taken seriously can let the phrase "sleepy Joe" escape their mouths/fingers anymore.  

I’m afraid you vastly underestimate MAGA ability to believe their own propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DallasPozzible said:

I’m afraid you vastly underestimate MAGA ability to believe their own propaganda.

You're right, of course - which is why I took care to add the disclaimer.  

18 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

The Republican response only needed rain, sad music and puppies added

Congrats on such an inventive expansion on that R woman's dirge, as she delivered their response.  At first, I too actually thought it was one of those commercials asking viewers to donate to animal-rescue causes.  As a guy that loves dogs a lot more than some people (having kept dogs since the 6th grade), I wouldn't give one thin dime to the R-"dogs", but I do support animal-rescue causes.  

• Like 1