What is with hook-up sites/apps?

A4A, Grindr, Sniffies, etc. Like what the fuck is going on? 

3 anon profiles message me. Ask them for stats, they don't respond. 

Another 5 or so message me, don't read my profile and are surprised when I say I don't/cannot host. 

A4A is filled with scammers or nothing but people "I want to get to know you, let's have a drink, chat and maybe in 5-10 years we can have sex." 

I had one guy want me to drive to Palm Springs, from San Diego to "have a drink and chat" 

What the fuck? 

.and Grindr? Same as Sniffies. Blank profiles. Don't read mine, confused when I cannot host. Or just guys wanting to get off on trading pics. 

Like come the fuck on. I just wanted some dick. Not feelings. 

/End rant

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

If you want real physical contact with real guys then get yourself to a sauna/baths bookstore or cruising bar/area. Guys who really are up for it will make the effort to go.

99% of online guys are only into the idea of meeting up and string you along while they have a wank. 

This weekend I was at a hotel in Shoreditch, London.  Was on the apps for a few hours in the evening - despite being able to host, nobody actually went through with a meet... went out to Bunker (local cruise bar) and had three very horny sessions with different guys in the space of a couple of hours.  And two of the three who approached me were a lot hotter/younger that I would usually approach for fear of rejection.  

Which was a better use of my time? Definitely going out. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

I get messages on sniffies from younger bottoms all the time, I explicitly state older than me and versatile, ‘let’s swap loads’. 
On other sites I get an Oink, or even a message and then crickets. 
Nobody reads profiles anymore, or they just send out countless messages and nothing. 

Bathhouses seem to be the best place nowadays. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Agreed with the points stated here. Would also add that the apps have become more and more about Instant gratification so it seems harder than before to just plan something even for an hour later. The more time I spend on the apps the more I just want to go cruising outside or in the bars and be happy with the choice that’s there instead of this endless chase for hotness / whatever. IRL meets over that any day of the week!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, versasslover said:

I get messages on sniffies from younger bottoms all the time, I explicitly state older than me and versatile, ‘let’s swap loads’. 
On other sites I get an Oink, or even a message and then crickets. 
Nobody reads profiles anymore, or they just send out countless messages and nothing. 

Bathhouses seem to be the best place nowadays. 

I think the 2 bathhouses I had near me went out of business/closed up during the pandemic. 

15 hours ago, badubydo said:

A4A is filled with scammers or nothing but people "I want to get to know you, let's have a drink, chat and maybe in 5-10 years we can have sex." 

I call it "Christian Mingle" for gays for that vary reason, locally it is almost exclusively men looking for LTR, very few even bother to put their sexual interests on their profile and make sure they put some variation of "I don't fuck on the 1st date," prominently in the text on their profile. Doublelist is another one that has a lot of guys looking for relationships plus guys looking for buddies to get high with, but not fuck.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I call it "Christian Mingle" for gays for that vary reason, locally it is almost exclusively men looking for LTR, very few even bother to put their sexual interests on their profile and make sure they put some variation of "I don't fuck on the 1st date," prominently in the text on their profile. Doublelist is another one that has a lot of guys looking for relationships plus guys looking for buddies to get high with, but not fuck.

I mean that is fine and all, but when my profile says I am there for "fun and/or NSA only" I find it very annoying they send me a message and asking to want to grab a drink. Then get pissy when I don't answer or delete the messages. 

• Upvote 1

A4A having members ask to "have drinks", or to "meet up", or looking for LTR????  Not here in Tampa/St Pete, there are alot of scammers/criminal element on A4A in my area.

If you are over 40 you  get alot of "can you be generous" or simply they put a "$" in the text of their message.  I've reported these profiles to management for solicitation and they have been taken down.

It's funny, why would you be on one of these sites and want to meet a week from next Friday, it's nuts.  I think A4A has an area that highlights "Looking for sex now", and generally you get a more prompt response.  But of all the apps in my area, A4A has some of the more questionable individuals, who seem to be either totally fake profiles (i.e. "I am looking for a soulmate") to others where they ask you to pay for an Uber or some other kind of "reimbursement", as if the site was a part time job for them.

I generally tell them to take the bus........that usually gets them to shut up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

well, this is life in the modern world. 

it's great that i can have sex at my fingertips and this does expose me to all sorts of people i wouldn't normally meet. 

the flip side is: people need to stop treating other human beings like fucking products you're ordering online. stop talking like you're calling the complaint dept about your item arriving damaged or not the color you wanted etc 

sorry to be shady to millennials, but most of you seem to have the social skills of a bunch of homeschooled weirdos. 

and here's a rant: stop fucking asking for "stats". Math doesn't tell you shit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's always been like this. My profile: 'Bottom sub. Bareback only. Anything goes except scat. Can travel CANNOT accommodate'

Message to me: 'Are you a top. I need fucking. Safe only' Can you accommodate?

FFS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

I generally tell them to take the bus........that usually gets them to shut up

That's more than just a hint .... 

But, aren't there any fuckjoints over there?  Bars (with benefits)?  Nothing "real" ?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

But, aren't there any fuckjoints over there?  Bars (with benefits)?  Nothing "real" ?

i try to be very glass-half-full about it. 

apparently my city is better than most about still having a live scene. but it really is a shadow of its former self, slowly being killed in part by the apps. so i kinda have no choice than to also use the apps even tho i prefer the old ways. 

luckily ive been able to supplement things with member based group sex parties. 

but it really is generational. live i hook up more w guys my age. the apps attract younger users. at least in my area. 

• Like 1