Targeted Search for Cruising

One of the great features of Squirt was the targeted search feature. 

That feature appears to be gone with the new version of Squirt

Do you know of other good targeted search sites so we can do research before we go?

Thx

Unfortunately it seems, in their effort to compete with the other hook-up apps, Squirt has almost killed the one unique (and in my opinion the best) feature it had.  It is still there, but much harder to use. If you are in the Cruise section, you can find category filters by clicking on the icon that looks like a funnel. That will bring up listings for your search within (I think) a 200 mile radius around your current location.  The same goes for searching for guys -- you can click on the funnel and narrow your search. If you want to find resources for a location you plan on visiting, you have to manually change your location to that area and then do a search.  It's a real pain in the ass, however I don't know of another app where you can search for some of the categories available on Squirt.  I know a lot of people have complained to them, and they did some tweaks, but I'm hoping they see the value in the search functions that used to be available and bring back something similar, or at least reactivate the "legacy" version. 

Edited by funpozbottom
  • Upvote 1

Squirt.org has jumped the shark.

Their desktop implementation had more features and was more usable than their very badly designed mobile web site. When they sunset the desktop "legacy" site, I stopped logging in. It's frankly useless in its mobile form and with the feature deficits, Sniffies is far superior.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2024 at 6:49 PM, blackrobe said:

Squirt.org has jumped the shark.

Their desktop implementation had more features and was more usable than their very badly designed mobile web site. When they sunset the desktop "legacy" site, I stopped logging in. It's frankly useless in its mobile form and with the feature deficits, Sniffies is far superior.

I totally agree with you.  When I saw the prompt after logging in that the desktop version was being 'sunsetted', I logged onto the mobile site to try it out.  ALL the queries I had stored were now gone and the search/filter system sucks big time.  You used to be able to save a filter/query and re-use over and over.  Now, you have to go into their lame filter system and half the time I get a server error.  I have reported both to Squirt and their response to the saved query/filter was that they wanted to cut everyone over first - then they will reintroduce the save feature.  When I thanked them and asked when... 'soon'.  Sigh.   The other incident I reported happened with both Firefox and Chrome - for example, to filter on PrEP guys... app blows up, but if you select the option to filter by top and/or bottom guys.. it works.  Sigh again. 

I paid for the app, but seriously considering NOT renewing if they don't get this stuff fixed.  It isn't easy to use and is pretty crappy on the desktop now.

• Upvote 1

squirt was a dud for me, but i agree the cruising section was its best feature. but honestly, unless you're new in town, you only need to know this info once, not keep checking back in to see where the trendy new cruising spot is lol 

On 6/16/2024 at 12:09 PM, funpozbottom said:

If you want to find resources for a location you plan on visiting, you have to manually change your location to that area and then do a search.  It's a real pain in the ass, however I don't know of another app where you can search for some of the categories available on Squirt

Thanks for the tip on changing the location on my profile, I had long enjoyed using it to figure out cruising spots when I travel, and like to scope it out before I get there. 

• Like 1