Not receiving validation e-mail

Guest maxcumhole

Guest RawBottom76
On 8/1/2024 at 2:39 AM, Guest cutechubby said:

Hello. I am not receiving any confirmation e-mail after my registration. can you send me please?

Welcome to the club. Some people have been waiting at least a month. I'm going on 3 weeks.

• Moderators

As stated further up in the thread, ALL EMAILS from the BZ platform are currently broken, probably due to a bug in the platform software. The only people who have the power to do anything about it have been notified.

• Thanks 1

Guest Spunkinmyarse

Guess that’s also the case for “Forgot password” emails… I logged out by accident, and can’t get back in!

On 8/4/2024 at 10:45 PM, viking8x6 said:

The only people who have the power to do anything about it have been notified.

I don’t intend this to sound harsh but do you know if/when they intend to fix this? By my reckoning it’s two months since the problem started (given the date of the other thread about email notifications and the last new member being on June 11).

There are a couple of folk I’ve been wanting to encourage to sign-up, but there’s no point unless/until this is fixed.

From my professional life I know that tech issues aren’t as simple as people think, but it’d be useful to get some sort of indicative timeline and might go towards stopping some of the repeat posts in this thread.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, cub84 said:

I don’t intend this to sound harsh but do you know if/when they intend to fix this? By my reckoning it’s two months since the problem started

No, I don't. I would have posted something here if I did.  The staff here is insanely small (as is the membership, compared to other sites that are less "niche"). @rawTOP (the site owner and developer) has a lot to do to keep it running, and it isn't his day job. Furthermore, as you may or may not have heard, he had a stroke last year, which of course had a huge impact on the backlog of stuff for the site.

I understand that it's frustrating; believe me, it affects me, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on what RawTop is reporting (see above in this thread of posts), the problem is not with any of the following:

a) the forum software
b) the host's software configuration
c) the email program that actually sends the mail as directed by the forum software.

Rather, it appears to be that either breeding.zone (or its IP address) have been entered into one or more of the big national "list of problem/spam blacklist sites" that ISPs use to filter and discard spam mail before it reaches your inbox. While the sender (here, RawTop and/or his Breeding.Zone site) can request that the domain and/or IP address be removed from the database, and give reasons why, the truth is it's up to the blacklist site list provider to do so.

And things generally end up on there only when people have complained about spam from a site. So I wouldn't put it past some assholes to have creates a bunch of accounts, reported all the "please confirm" emails as spam, and gotten the site blocked. Given that he's had this problem before, I wouldn't be surprised if this is why.

Guest Chaserpup

I did read through the comments, so, just checking to confirm, have there been updates for this issue? I too have been trying to join the community but cannot join because I am not receiving the email 🫤

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.