Biden Out

topblkmale

40 minutes ago, Cumfilledbottomboi said:

forces the republicans to re-work their strategies after being solely focused on Biden and his age.

Well said.  Isn't it delicious how the Magaroids were hammering constantly about Biden's age, when their own candidate was only 3 years less-old, grotesquely out of shape, and mumbles nonsensical nothing-isms constantly?  The R's have to completely reinvent their election efforts now, and that choice of Veep isn't going to help them one little bit.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PozBearWI said:

I agree the Presidential nominee officially chooses their running mate.  I find it hard to believe though that McCain actually chose Palin...

You mean you weren't impressed when she climbed up on the roof of her house and claimed she saw Russia ????  😄

Neither was the rest of the Whole Wide World !!!  

11 hours ago, hntnhole said:

You mean you weren't impressed when she climbed up on the roof of her house and claimed she saw Russia ????  😄

Neither was the rest of the Whole Wide World !!!  

I believe she saw Russia from her kitchen....  But yeah...

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 11:27 AM, hntnhole said:

I'll bet they're planning 8 years in advance.  Kamela's not quite 60 - in her prime for two successive administrations.  

i'm not as cynical. when they say we need to stop trump now or there will be no 2028 election, or a putinesque farce election, i think they're serious, not just riling up the base. 

i'm proud of Biden's decision to leave the race. i do not think it was a cut and dried decision.  The fact that He stayed the course as long as He did speaks to His character and strength. His choice to drop out equally speaks to His character and strength.  i believe He set His ego aside for the good of the country, yet another sharp contrast to His opponent. 

i'm also encouraged by the part members of the democratic party played in making the change happen. 

To me, Biden clearly has the intelligence and background to be president. Just as clearly is His (admitted) frailty. We're talking about one of the hardest, most demanding jobs on earth, a four year marathon. i don't doubt Biden's ability to do the job today, i was less confident about His ability to strongly  carry the burdens of this country for another four years.  

i was fully prepared to vote for the Biden administration.  Aging presidents with health issues is nothing new to the highest office in the country. Off the cuff, FDR and Ronald Regan come to mind. Both were in decline the last couple of years of their presidency. Our country survived both, and would likely have survived any issues Biden might have faced.  

It's time for Trump to do the same, to step down for the same reasons and more.  But, of course, that's not going to happen. From where i sit, Trump is, and always has been, all about his ego and wanting power. i don't believe the good of the country has never been his concern.  

i also do not see the same strength of character or resolve in the republican party. There were members wanting and pressuring Trump to step down, but they clearly did not have the strength or resolve to make it happen.  The power structure that supports Trump scares me even more than Trump.  Trump wants power and to have his ego stroked, the power structure supporting him wants Project 2025, not Trump. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/24/2024 at 9:04 PM, hntnhole said:

she climbed up on the roof of her house

Well, you may be right - I thought it was on the roof, but then I never paid all that much attention to her either. 

Thanks for the correction, PozBearWI.

On 7/25/2024 at 10:45 AM, norefusal said:

i'm not as cynical

My apologies if that sounded cynical.  It wasn't meant to be cynical at all; merely realistic.  

Staff planning for Presidential election cycles are always, constantly active.  They become far more prominent/intensive as an election nears, of course, but both parties are always "in progress" in some way.  

In that sense, obviously the election in Nov must be upper most in the staff's minds, and the majority of the effort dedicated to the upcoming cycle, but there are also others playing the 'long game' too.  Consider how long this Project 25 outfit has been planning the end of Democracy, for instance.  By all accounts, it's been in the works (quietly, of course) since OJ was first elected.  

In that it appears ending elections is part of P-25's objectives, so if T actually does win in November, there may very well not be a 2028 election, or if there is, it would be as heavily "rigged" as he bellowed about last cycle.  

No one can say we don't live in interesting times.  

19 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Well, you may be right - I thought it was on the roof, but then I never paid all that much attention to her either. 

Thanks for the correction, PozBearWI.

Really more clarification than correction @hntnhole.  The important part was her stupid claim that she could see Russia (as if seeing a land mass somehow added to her understanding).  I remember kitchen as the watchword at the time seemed to be "kitchen table politics".  🙂

On 7/25/2024 at 10:51 AM, tallslenderguy said:

We're talking about one of the hardest, most demanding jobs on earth, a four year marathon. i don't doubt Biden's ability to do the job today, i was less confident about His ability to strongly  carry the burdens of this country for another four years.  

Let's not forget his many years in the Senate. If we're also speaking of his legacy, let's include Biden's sponsorship of S.933 - Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. He didn't just sponsor the Crime Bill of 1994. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Poz50something said:

Let's not forget his many years in the Senate. If we're also speaking of his legacy, let's include Biden's sponsorship of S.933 - Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. He didn't just sponsor the Crime Bill of 1994. 

For me, the question of Biden vs Trump was a much more basic question than the bills they support or help get passed (though those are certainly important).

To me the choice was whether to have a loose canon vs a secured canon in the White House. From where i sit, Trump is an egomaniacal, power hungry toddler. i don't think he has the desire or capacity to serve. He wants to dictate, not serve.  it never ceases to amaze, scare and discourage me that there are so many people willing to put him in power. 

• Upvote 3