This weekend is LGBTQ Pride. What is the consensus on flag flying?

This weekend is the Pride Parade in Montreal. I have hung the Progress Pride  and I have hung the Bear Pride flag, because, duh.  What I want to know is can I fly the trans flag as an ally? To show my support of transgender individuals? What do you think? I would like to her from our transgender brothers and sisters.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

I think it's perfectly OK to fly any of the LGBTQ+ flags for a Pride event. 

It might be considered a little odd if you flew one you weren't affiliated with (directly) on a year-round basis, but even then, there's no gatekeeper organization that determines who "gets" to fly particular flags. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I think it's perfectly OK to fly any of the LGBTQ+ flags for a Pride event. 

It might be considered a little odd if you flew one you weren't affiliated with (directly) on a year-round basis, but even then, there's no gatekeeper organization that determines who "gets" to fly particular flags. 

True, there are no official flag rule keepers although I am sure there are many who desire that.  And I'll expand on that; gatekeepers seem to be around.  While I understand in many cases why someone is put off by certain words.  I has some early coming out years in the early 1970's when I gave a crap about what color of hanky I carried. Rather I resorted to just asking that nice lookin guy I started talking with.  Somehow we survived that and didn't have to resort to fisty cuffs to resolve that (not the fun kind).  

• Like 1

It’s fantastic that you’re showing support with the Pride and Bear Pride flags! Flying the trans flag is definitely a great way to show solidarity with the transgender community. Many people appreciate allies who actively support and uplift trans rights and visibility.

I personally believe displaying the trans flag as an ally is a meaningful gesture of support and inclusion.
Probably even more-so as it's from an ally and not a peer. We're here to uplift each other.

• Like 1