IrishBoi

Have you reached out to anyone in prison that you didn't know   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you reached out to anyone in prison that you didn't know

• Yes I have
    • No I haven't
    • I would never do that
    • I would and have wanted to reach out for a while
    • They are in prison for a reason and deserve to be there if they broke the law
    • Prisoners are still human

On 9/8/2024 at 4:35 PM, topblkmale said:

How kind of you to feel sorry for them and desire to help.

I use to fool around with an ex-con from the Bronx in the 90s. He was a thug and a prison bottom.

Advice: place large funds on their commissary before you tell them your gay.

Curious why you would advise that?

10 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Curious why you would advise that?

Doritos, Cup-o-Noodles and Kit-Kats are prison currency.

I just doubt there are any prisoners in the US who would maintain a non-transactional relationship with some random gay dude in some European country they've never heard of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topblkmale said:

Doritos, Cup-o-Noodles and Kit-Kats are prison currency.

I just doubt there are any prisoners in the US who would maintain a non-transactional relationship with some random gay dude in some European country they've never heard of.

Kentucky (where all of the guys I've written are housed) is just a long roadtrip away to pick them up when they are released 🙂

4 hours ago, PozToxVersPig said:

Kentucky (where all of the guys I've written are housed) is just a long roadtrip away to pick them up when they are released 🙂

Did you write to them in just the past few days, or were these guys you were friends with before they got arrested?

1 minute ago, barebro said:

Did you write to them in just the past few days, or were these guys you were friends with before they got arrested?

So...every jail seems to have a different communication system.  With all, you can send USPS mail, with some you can pseudo-send it through USPS but somehow it goes digitally(?), and with others they have a completely digital system.  I wrote four different guys.  For each they will receive a paper version of the letter at some point, but some got it through the digital system.  I've heard back from one guy, through the digital IM service, but it costs like 10cents per X characters, so he just said, "thanks for letter will write you" or something like that.  Today is his 28th birthday FWIW! 🙂