Fertile, shooting blanks or do-not-care?

Fertile, shooting blanks or do-not-care?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about your fertility status?

• I am strongly concerned about my fertility and the chance of loss of fertility
    • I am somewhat concerned about my fertility and the chance of loss of fertility
    • I don't mind if I'm shooting blanks
    • I wish I were certain I've been shooting blanks but like my balls where they are
    • I wish I were shooting blanks and am fantasizing, considering or already made plans to undergo castration to make sure I do

Today I came in (literally LOL) for a spermogram test I was asked by my urologist to have, as I am reaching 40 yo and after an ultrasound test showed mild calcific sclerosis in my testicles.

I'm not quite sure I would like to pass My DNA to my descendants, due to some genetic defects that are not to easily dismissed.

Although I am planning on having children, but my thought is that one's parenthood is primarily determined by them being a parent to your children, raising them with love and being a role model to them, rather than having their children carry their DNA.

Assuming you could isolate your fertility status from any other health condition, being it the only question in mind at the moment, What are your thoughts?

Please, no judgmental, lecturing or evil comments.

• Upvote 1

Interesting question. 

Somehow I do care and I sometimes I do semen analysis including sperm morphology and count to see what's going on. Doing well in this test so far. 

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Like 1
  • Piggy 1

As long as everything else is working properly, I don’t care how many, or few, little guys are swimming around.

I have no desire to have kids.  Adopting would be best anyway.  We don’t need any additional little humans running around.  Let’s take care of those who aren’t wanted first.

• Upvote 3