Bathhouse/Club Slings

KylerIsTrash

I’m no mechanical engineer but I’ve been to many bathhouses and the the private room sling setup always seems to be the same. Ceiling mounted sling above the bed.

The sling is generally at a height too far off the ground and guys have to stand on the limited space of the bed. It seems like this is a barrier for the bigger and older tops (for whom I am most appreciative) to get in me. 

In contrast, the public/dark room sling is usually much more accessible. I prefer the public spaces but I usually get a sling room for long nights so I can share the public spaces with other thirsty BTMs. 

Personally, I’d prefer a floor mounted or waist high sling in the sling rooms and no bed or a small cot off to the side or whatever. Curious of thoughts from others. Are there advantages of the sling-above-bed setup that I’m missing? As a top have you wanted to fuck a sling slut but the setup dissuaded you? Also can we get appreciate the names bathhouses assign to the high end rooms? I’m a huge fan of bathhouses, just questioning this industry standard. 

59 minutes ago, KylerIsTrash said:

I’m no mechanical engineer but I’ve been to many bathhouses and the the private room sling setup always seems to be the same. Ceiling mounted sling above the bed.

The sling is generally at a height too far off the ground and guys have to stand on the limited space of the bed. It seems like this is a barrier for the bigger and older tops (for whom I am most appreciative) to get in me. 

In contrast, the public/dark room sling is usually much more accessible. I prefer the public spaces but I usually get a sling room for long nights so I can share the public spaces with other thirsty BTMs. 

Personally, I’d prefer a floor mounted or waist high sling in the sling rooms and no bed or a small cot off to the side or whatever. Curious of thoughts from others. Are there advantages of the sling-above-bed setup that I’m missing? As a top have you wanted to fuck a sling slut but the setup dissuaded you? Also can we get appreciate the names bathhouses assign to the high end rooms? I’m a huge fan of bathhouses, just questioning this industry standard. 

My guess is that the layout of the building (ie the room dimensions) predate widespread adoption of slings in bathhouses, and they're simply putting them where they can.

• Upvote 2

I've never seen a set-up where there's a sling mounted above  a bed.  I don't see any benefit for there being a bed there.  Whenever I'm in a sling, I want a top's cock to be at the same height as my ass, so that he can walk right up and fuck me, without a bed or any thing else getting in the way.

• Like 2

Often the best space at home is over the bed. For insurance reasons, venue owners often don't want punters to make adjustments to the furniture, fixtures and fittings. But I do wish they would put some thought or ask punters before they padlock a sling at the wrong height!

Frankly, I've never so much as seen a sling mounted over a bed. Never heard of it before either.  

It seems to prevent both the bed and the sling from being used properly.  I've seen the chains adjusted in the fuckjoints many times - done it myself, for that matter.  The whole point of a sling-fuck is to get the height perfectly correct for both the T and the b.  

Kinda like mounting the steering wheel of a car in the trunk !! 

Edited by hntnhole

I have run into this, especially in Canada.  Less so now, then years ago.  It was not an ideal set up and it was due to lack of space.  The sling was rented on top of the room price.  I remember carrying a huge duffel bag containing the sling to my room--not really sure where it was in the maze of corridors...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FelchingPisser said:

I have run into this, especially in Canada.  Less so now, then years ago.  It was not an ideal set up and it was due to lack of space.  The sling was rented on top of the room price.  I remember carrying a huge duffel bag containing the sling to my room--not really sure where it was in the maze of corridors...

4 hours ago, FelchingPisser said:

In Melbourne 🇦🇺, before COVID, we had Club 80 which had slings above beds, in the rental rooms. I had many delicious cocks & fists ploughed into me, in those rooms & the beds never seemed to cause issues. One comfort about having slings situated in this way, is the safety factor. If a sling happened to detache from its mountings, I would rather drop onto a padded mattress than fall 5 feet onto a concrete floor. Club 80 is long gone but, the memories, the dark room with barrels, can make me shoot just thinking about them. The good old days😭😭😜😜😜😜😜

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Erik62 said:

In Melbourne 🇦🇺... I would rather drop onto a padded mattress than fall 5 feet onto a concrete floor. 😭😭😜😜😜😜😜

This is usually why I hate public slings, like not every top is seven feet tall that can fuck a bottom whose ass is that high up. I'm 5'8" and my cock isn't in my chest....

2 hours ago, Rillion said:

This is usually why I hate public slings, like not every top is seven feet tall that can fuck a bottom whose ass is that high up. I'm 5'8" and my cock isn't in my chest....

At 80, in the private sling rooms, the vinyl padded benches were about 4' wide & extended about 4' beyond end of sling. Standing on the bench made entry easy🤪. Thinking back 🧐🤔, why didn't the benches become slippery, when we only had thick paper towels to wipe down?? In "my" day, the 80's & 90's, the amount of Crisco being slapped around should have made the entire building slide away😳🥴. Maybe the Crisco did actually go into our holes & then got felched at nights end🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rillion said:

This is usually why I hate public slings

I don't think I've ever run into a sling (in a fuckjoint or anywhere else) that didn't have spring-clips attached to all 4 risers, for the purpose of individual adjustment to the users at any particular time.  To me, it's perfectly natural to adjust the clips to the most advantageous height - and the next guys to use it should do the same.  Same with the legstraps. 

The height should be as comfortable as possible for both guys.  

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

I don't think I've ever run into a sling (in a fuckjoint or anywhere else) that didn't have spring-clips attached to all 4 risers, for the purpose of individual adjustment to the users at any particular time.  To me, it's perfectly natural to adjust the clips to the most advantageous height - and the next guys to use it should do the same.  Same with the legstraps. 

The height should be as comfortable as possible for both guys.  

The club slings set-ups in the UK tend to be fixed, unadjustable.

Being someone over 6 foot tall, I've found most venue's slings to be in an awkard positoin if I'm going to be topping.  I'm constantly having to bend down a little bit, and it feels a bit awkward.  I'm sure it would need to be set at somewhere near the average height of men, though.  I'd rather have some flexibity - like my desk at work where I push a button and it adjusts up or down LOL.

• Piggy 2

A few thoughts:

Most beds in bathhouse rooms, unless they're custom-built, tend to be kind of low. There's no reason a sling couldn't be permanently mounted above the bed at the right height for an average (more on that below) person to fuck a bottom in, while still having room for sexual activity on the bed itself.

The trick is to be able to raise or lower the sling, either to accommodate a taller/shorter top, or to get it out of the way temporarily for sex on the bed. Just bring four heavy-duty carabiner hooks, if the slings tend to be too low or too close to the bed. Of course, if they're permanently mounted and locked into position so that only a top from Pandora could use it, well, that's a sign of crappy attention to detail by the management.

• Upvote 1