I'm thinking of further limiting access to parts of Breeding Zone

rawTOP

What Do You Think Of The New Proposed Restrictions?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of The New Proposed Restrictions?

• I think they'll make the site better
    • There are pluses & minuses to the changes
    • I don't like them, but I can live with them
    • I really don't like them and will probably leave or stop participating

I agree that it seems that many who are not interested in chem/bugchasing/gifting are in fact incredibly opposed to it. From a user-retention standpoint, it would make sense that these areas be opt-in. However, since you explicitly want this place to be more community focused, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Frankly, it seems to me that gay culture, such as it is, has become overly fond of labels and not only that, have actively sought to use these labels to drive huge wedges such that I think it is less and less possible to talk about any sort of collective gay identification.

I mean, case in point - we have those who aren't interested in BB demonizing those who do like it. Lo and behold, we now have two extremist camps that adopt almost completely different cultural practices--and all of this over a slip of latex. Ok, so that was a little too flippant, but that's kind of extreme as a basis for the kind of feud that's happening, right? And now, as if guys into BB haven't learned about shitting on other people are doing the exact same thing to these smaller sub-interests.

I get that this is rather a large issue...(unnnnderstatement)...but ghettoizing special interests pretty much ensures contempt, right? [i can just imagine the nasty gossip that would happen in the "main" BB portion about those who post there being into that "other depraved shit.] 6 months, and suddenly everything splits into 3 separate sites, each requiring different registration. There probably is a way to thread the needle through all of this, but it will have to be a really flexible one.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw- I joined BreedingZone a long while back (enough to become a sex addict on here <g> ) and while I have no interest at all in a vagina and what goes in it; and while there are the occasional posts about it, I learned in 3rd grade how to scan the topic line, and then skip over that discussion. If it makes some uncomfortable, why are they delving on in to it? I do like the idea of moving the scope of the site along a bit and being more of a connection source- it has been a frustration to look at a profile and there is no location for the guy. Even in the groups section, guys may join the South Florida group but with no location in the profile, they could be in Chicago or Austria. I'd love to get on here, find a nasty top hunting nearby, and get sloppy. Is this sort of the idea you are looking at as a BBRT alternative? And if you need a fee to cover the cost of this growth, I support you in charging

I'm with einathens and the others who would prefer the site remain as it is. I signed up a long time ago too and altho there were/are vast areas of BreedingZone that hold no interest for me, I'm not such a delicate flower that I need to have those things hidden from my view. I understand (from a commercial perspective) your desire to reach the largest possible audience, I'm just not sure you can achieve that objective with a single site.

Basically what Jimmy1212 said: however I've wandered around areas of the site that don't interest me in real life, and have increased my understanding of why, for example, Tina is so important to some. Yes, there's some very horny stuff on the site, but there's also an awful lot of educational stuff. Anything that increases our understanding of other people has got to be a good thing...

Guest faggot hole

I think the site should remain as it is (and I think RawTop deserves all of our appreciation for making this amazing resource available). I simply cannot understand any guy who wants to quit his membership because of the site's stresses on chem sex, and bug chasing. First of all, you don't have to wander over to that part of the site if you are not interested n that stuff. Second, what are you even doing here? If you're offended or put off by that type of material, there are about eight zillion vanilla or otherwise tame sites on the internet. Simply go elsewhere.

I ignore topix I'm not interested in and utterly avoid the ones I find repellant. If I see a dead, festering animal on the side of the road I'm not going to stop, go back and examine it. I'm going to keep on going. I'm unable to see what I'd be losing out on if the proposed changes were introduced. Altho I don't plan to pay any $$ to be on here...

Have at it.

Edited by pipesmokin'manfucker

The trouble is, anything that is in one area may overlap another. As an example, forced breeding and/or chem play are not something that I am generally even remotely interested in, but how do you avoid it coming up in a forum that deals with something else or while on another subject? And yet...I have been cuffed in a sling to take the superior strain by a good buddy or three who tested (or should I say, dared) my limits in a basement in Chicago--or a below house level garage in San Francisco.

As another example. I love piss up my ass, but I'm not into chem piss, although, I assume that I have gotten some in me as a residual when others were using it at a play party or two. I have had that warm helpless feeling overtake me after some fuck (intentional or not) gave me some of his leftovers he was pissing away (and thus up into me), and I was just hanging by handcuffs in the sling BEGGING for the next guys in line to bareback those monster cocks into me and poz me up because I "kind of" lost control. But that's far from "using" it on a regular basis.

So I don't advocate it. Its more like feces do occur, remember. And since I am drug test eligible for most of my working career and life, I didn't care for it when it did happen. (Well, AFTER it happened, or a few days later). But oh hell, was it fun at the time? My ass spinchter sure thought so. And since then, I have talked about it on here, and remember it fondly...but I wouldn't want to sound like the poster child for it when I do...let alone for some 21 year old on here that reads it thinking that he should now do the same every weekend. HE still has to think for himself...and not listen to me/us...or take the word of others as gospel....

• Administrators
May I ask what broader audience are you trying to attract? I'm honestly not being flippant, I'm just curious what segment of the population you are looking to attract that you currently aren't?

I'd start with whoever is on BBRT. Then add anyone on A4A that has "anything goes" in their profile, etc. That's a huge crowd and I'd say most of them don't want to see bug chasing discussion - they just want to fuck and swap loads. If they do drugs it's sporadic - not a lifestyle.

I'm a little afraid this site has gotten too focused on bug chasing and chem sex. I want to provide a place for bug chasing discussion - I think that's really important. But honestly chem sex - never really liked that being around here. It has it's own section just because I didn't want it coming up in other parts of the site. And the chem sex crowd has NKPs they can go to as an alternative site. Honestly if I lost all the welfare-dependent meth addicts off the site it wouldn't bother me a bit. I don't want this site to be NKP.

Do you know Just Us Boys? I want the bareback version of that site... JUB is way more vanilla than this site will ever be just 'cause genuine barebacking is raunchy sex. But honestly I want a site that presents a mentally healthy approach to raw sex. Where guys can come to terms with the risk they're taking and then dive in with both feet and enjoy themselves and make the most of their sex lives without needing meth to do it.

Make sense?

• Administrators

BTW, people who've contributed a lot to the site up to this point will get free access to any parts of the site they want. By "contributed a lot" that means about a hundred or more posts. Here's the current list of people who match that criteria...

Hotload84 - 956

TheBreeder - 893

HungLatinDom - 820

evilqueerpig - 632

Pig Bottom - 618

Belfast-Bottom - 584

einathens - 516

JoshLandaleXXX - 483

MascMountainMan - 458

Bttm2go - 432

NastyRigPig - 425

JizzDumpWI - 421

seaguy - 404

BBSeroMan - 399

hungry_hole - 376

Bear4Breeding - 371

AlwaysOpen - 364

MAIKOL20 - 358

slobbvers - 358

pulszer - 340

slowfuck - 336

PissPigBrooklyn - 333

cumaddict71 - 312

RawPozLust - 308

GermanFucker - 304

pigskintop - 298

Matias47 - 292

NiceHard1 - 291

TigerMilner - 285

Ingulphus - 285

cuntspunker - 282

thick - 276

fuckboy20 - 254

not_sure_bb - 253

Slut4anyload - 241

les_evil - 233

toxiclover - 230

breedme420 - 229

wammt - 226

pozpig46 - 218

Inception - 218

Party Cum Hole - 215

boycunt - 215

bearbandit - 212

HardhatBB - 212

totalasspig - 211

youngwolf87 - 211

NLbear - 211

gkz68 - 207

Male22192 - 205

bbfan74 - 202

faggot hole - 197

LBRaw - 190

bobbie - 187

Hook Scott - 185

BrotherDeposit - 183

brayton - 182

bbzh - 181

Vacant Poster - 180

likaleather - 178

vrsbbltn - 170

pisspig - 170

YorkshireLad - 162

HotSeed - 160

calrockxxx - 157

i69nwind - 154

Deaner - 153

versbbtm - 153

loadme68 - 151

ff-whole - 151

BiAggieGuy - 151

btm2bbred - 150

jimmy01420 - 149

barefootbob - 148

Btm! - 147

Dirtysouth - 140

mike43 - 140

xxww - 138

k9cuteboy - 138

FelchingPisser - 137

bottomcub85 - 136

bottomcumwhore - 134

BreedingBear - 134

rawversjock - 134

cam1972 - 132

skinster - 132

HolePunchSD - 132

Grunt - 131

Tailgunner - 131

submissivefaggot - 129

Tucsonmale - 128

rawpozbtm - 128

cumpig6969 - 127

MightyMouth - 127

bbplayfulcat - 124

TonyRedux - 124

FatFuckPigMA - 123

GoodExercise - 122

uclatinosj - 122

blackserpant666 - 122

SpunkJunkyPissHound - 122

Jimmy1212 - 122

fairlygay - 121

ExtremeCumHole - 120

virgoz - 120

RyanWolff - 119

rubio2001 - 119

Able_101 - 118

kinkydawg - 118

wl101 - 117

whtbt4blkck - 116

TxBBTop - 116

whthole4u - 116

Alaric - 116

bottomGuy - 114

flexbtm - 113

BREEDmeRAW - 113

Fickloch - 113

neg4poztop - 111

tboyer - 111

boywonder - 109

johnny3000 - 109

cboycam - 109

Italynocondom - 107

aidsfukka - 106

kwhotboi - 105

lurker - 104

subtenor - 104

shadowgames - 103

bigdick4you - 101

pozpopperpig - 100

Lodeit - 100

TastyTannedCock - 100

KYcumdump68 - 99

MattDan - 99

If you're on that list you'll probably get whatever you want configured for free. I say probably because I need to review the list with my moderators. If you've racked up a lot of infractions I may say 'no'. But if after 100+ posts you've had few or no infractions then it's pretty certain you'll get comped.

Not sure if that makes anyone think differently about the policy...

Not sure if that makes anyone think differently about the policy...

It helps :-)

Like bearbandit said, on occasion I've wandered into areas that really aren't my thing ... and ended up learning something valuable. The loss of that opportunity for those with restricted access would be a shame, but I guess it's their call if they don't think they can handle certain subjects. As with so many other things in life, it still gets in my craw when people want to censor others (or hide things, so they can pretend they don't exist) instead of just learning to ignore stuff that doesn't appeal to them--or threatens their worldview.

It helps :-)

Like bearbandit said, on occasion I've wandered into areas that really aren't my thing ... and ended up learning something valuable. The loss of that opportunity for those with restricted access would be a shame, but I guess it's their call if they don't think they can handle certain subjects. As with so many other things in life, it still gets in my craw when people want to censor others (or hide things, so they can pretend they don't exist) instead of just learning to ignore stuff that doesn't appeal to them--or threatens their worldview.

I agree people need to learn to avoid parts of the site that they don't like instead of making everyone else's time on the site harder

Guest JizzDumpWI

RT, it is difficult to view this site from you and your mods point of view. So you might be getting a lot of flak from others that a form of restriction would solve. Clearly, you're considering this PITA (for you guys) change for a reason... Mind helping us understand the site owner and site moderator view?

If the only reason is that some people leave here because they think this is just too filthy a place to hang out; maybe they should be leaving. You've done a great job of providing organization that allows an individual to look into places that interest them and ignore others. To try to make this become more PC could very well gut some of what makes BreedingZone so attractive. For me, much of the attraction is the ability to be rather frank about our desires, dark thoughts. While some perspectives I've read sort of scare me; I appreciate the candor and find it provides an opportunity for thoughtful reflection. I think some of the interesting dialogue here comes from lurkers posts, and the responses from the rest of us to that. Last weekends "gay community" post is an example that comes to mind. So if the ONLY reason to make this change is that some people choose to leave the site; should access be changed at all???

Having said that; I could understand an enhanced member checkbox to go further than top level places (eg: headers such as "gifters and bug chasers"). One site I'm a member of doesn't allow people into the back room until they've made so many posts and then only if they specifically request access. It is a simpler arrangement as the really less PC stuff is just one level of deeper access.

Since BreedingZone already recognizes number of posts; perhaps once a member moves from virgin to curious (or the other way around; been too long for me to remember which is first, which is second) then perhaps the site might ask (automatically) if that person wishes to get into the "less PC" areas. That would give exposure to newbies without the full flower of chasers/gifters/etc being immediately in their face. I would still allow the headers to be there; so they are aware of areas they might be able to see, if they contribute to site content.

Thanks for opening this dialogue RT.

Jim