Psychology or theories behind bug chasing?

Guest SBBOY

This brings up a lot of interesting issues, but RawTop has a few very good answers as well.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what someone else (not a chaser, a 3rd party watching on in horror/disgust?) thinks about a chaser or a giver's behaviours.

In the end we all die, yes it isn't that black and white but the point is that we are all mortal. Most of us more than we realize or care to believe.

I think that some guys aren't necessarily suicidal, etc. It is not as if they are asking tops to literally point a six shooter in which 4 of the chambers have no bullets in them or whatever statistical value you want to place on a specific poz top. However I can see where some people might get that idea.

Rather, I think that it actually can bring a sense of community. In a population where many men are isolated, even from each other, by media, stereotypes, pressure to conform or fit in with the latest trends including how much body hair is hot that particular year or how massive your muscles are or are not, the poz community is unified in the sense that even if each member doesn't get along, they have something larger as a common bond.

Is all that a good thing? Not necessarily and some would argue not at all. However, as I was originally suggesting, it is not up to the people standing on the side lines to dictate or judge the behavior of chasers.

Stealth gifters is a little more touch of a subject though. :)

Also: @BadBoy Pig interesting...I didn't know that gay males were born with certain neurological characteristics such as increased opportunity for depression, mental illness etc. That kind of opens my eyes a little bit.

So you see guys it's not all poz my neg hole and take my AIDS babies after all.

Rather, I think that it actually can bring a sense of community. In a population where many men are isolated, even from each other, by media, stereotypes, pressure to conform or fit in with the latest trends including how much body hair is hot that particular year or how massive your muscles are or are not, the poz community is unified in the sense that even if each member doesn't get along, they have something larger as a common bond.

Barebacking, whatever its results, is just as transgressive an act as gay sex was in the seventies. I was lucky enough to live in one of the gay communes at the end of the seventies, a period I value greatly, not because we were having parties every night (most of us had conventional jobs), but because of the sense of community and care for each other. "Ultimate Intimacy" by [damn I should note down the names of authors whose books impress me - search it on Amazon]. even though it's ten years old now, still has a lot of valid points.

If you believe in the theory of homosexuality that every tribe needed some gay men because there were too many kids and old folk needing their parents' protection, then it makes sense to use the passing of semen from one to another as a means of bonding. Some tribes in Africa make a ritual of receiving the tribe's semen as a bonding mechanism. HIV has shown us the dangers behinds this, but we'll be around a lot longer than HIV as we learn more: my first dead-by date was 1992.

It'll be interesting to see how things work "after the cure". Before we were aware of the presence of HIV it was a joke that because Brian had played away with Chris who live with Frank, that made Frank and Brian sister's in law: I think there's always been that pull to congregate and show fealty to the group, whether it be the twinky example I just gave or in the choice of which bike club to invite to our annual run (always held somewhere where there was a suitable fuck-space...