Bare on BZ but "safe only" other places?

whoai

So, a question: I've noticed that a good number of members of this forum will talk in threads about the number of loads they've taken, how many guys they've bred recently, etc. When you look up their profile on Adam4Adam or other places, it says "safe sex only". Now, I have several theories, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks? A) They are BS'ing on here and really do have 'safe sex' only (which is fine, just kind of interesting). B) They don't have safe sex, but think that putting that in their profile on Adam will get them more responses (which is also fine, but I suppose a bit of false advertising). My profile on Adam leaves that part blank (since I've had and will likely continue to have both raw and non-raw sex). For those of you who do mostly bareback but don't list that other places, why? I'm really just curious here, not judgmental. :)

I have long suspected also that there a lot fewer bug chasers in real life than there are on here. However, I'm even just talking about good old fashioned "take the risk" barebacking. I know from experience that it does go on. I'm just surprised that so many guys put "safe only" in their profile when they aren't.

When I discovered BZ and BBRT I still had safe sex only on my A4A profile only because I was transitioning from safe to raw. When I started meeting people from BBRT and reactivated A4A, I left that part blank. I do tell people on A4A that I play raw and that's the only way for me.

• Upvote 1

Guest JizzDumpWI
I have long suspected also that there a lot fewer bug chasers in real life than there are on here. However, I'm even just talking about good old fashioned "take the risk" barebacking. I know from experience that it does go on. I'm just surprised that so many guys put "safe only" in their profile when they aren't.

Agree. I recall some years back when I was in the Air Force guys would come back from a weekend bragging about conquests. Each would "one up" the other. Obviously BS. I think a lot of the bravado here is of the same source. Sort of a website pissing contest...

I find most guys on a4a who state safe sex are more than willing to go raw. Most likely it keeps the haters at bay. Also if someone they know finds their profile, it's not sreaming raw sex. As for bug chasers, while many really are not chasing, I have found some guys who really want to be poz. There are rarely absolutes. Some will feel there are no bug chasers while others say anyone who barebacks are chasers. Only you know where you fall.

Just as I was reading this thread I got a message from a guy on A4A asking if I wanted to fuck him raw (I list my self as poz and anything goes). I checked his listing and it said "safer only" and HIV negative. So I pointed out the disconnect between his listing and his request. His response was that all he saw was the picture of my cock and didn't notice the poz part. So right there; safer only, but looking for raw cock.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Yes a lot of that going on... Guy should be on PrEP. Then he can do exactly what he did...

Raw sex is good sex. Barriers maybe great at airports, but not in sex.

Interesting discussion. I'm not a bug chaser in any way yet I bareback (top). People do dangerous things because they are fun and sometimes because they are dangerous. However, I think the people that do dangerous things in hope of getting burned are fairly few - but they definitely exist.

I think the most common reason for this disconnect is paranoia. Some fear their new boss will suddenly develop an interest in gay dating sites, even though she's a mother of three daugthers. Some say they don't want the local condom nazi seeing a save sex optional profile and badmouthing them in their small gay community.

The guys who openly advertise their willingness to have unsafe sex on mainstream sites (A4A, Gayromeo etc.) are often already well known amongst their friends for being HIV-positive and having a very adventurous sex life. In German there's a saying: Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt sich's fortan ungeniert", once your reputation is ruined, you're free to live your life without false inhibitions.

Those who still try to maintain an image of responsibility might fall into one of three categories, and often there's no telling which one from first impressions.

- Sluts who really never use condoms, but think that way they can avoid controvery.

- Guys who will bareback in reality, given the right circumstances (e.g. neg-neg), although they might embellish on barebacking sites (e.g. "any and all loads taken")

- Guys who don't usually bareback, but fantasize about it.

The fact that you don't know beforehand makes it more complicated and sometimes frustrating.

As to the bugchasing thing: Bugchasing is 98% fantasy and this includes Breedingzone. On the one side all these fresh young virgin asses who discovered gay sex three weeks ago, but beg to be knocked up asap. On the other side all these no-meds tops, who have been full blown for 6 years and counting.

Yeah, right.

Don't get me wrong, bugchasing exists, but it's more nuanced. Some guys realize they probably are poz already, so bugchasing gives them an illusion of control when it has already been lost. Other submissive guys just give in to the inevitable.

In German there's a saying: Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt sich's fortan ungeniert", once your reputation is ruined, you're free to live your life without false inhibitions.

I've always liked that saying. It's like the German equivalent of Joan Jett saying "I don't give a fuck 'bout my bad reputation." :)

Hi everyone, I notice this a lot. Since I am not a chaser but a 90% bb'er, I use this site to help me serosort my fucks. Many times I will have a guy on Adam/BBRTS or some app hit me up who say they are neg. When I do my homework, I often find them here lying about their status. As someone who does serosort, I look for consistencies. If they are neg on Adam/BBRTS or an app as well as neg here then I (in my mind) am more at ease to play. If they are neg on Adam/BBRTS or an app but POZ here then no way. Sorry guys, if you can't be honest here in a forum where POZ is not a stigma then why should I entertain the thought? If your POZ and Undetectable on all of the sites as well as here, great! We can talk. Just my humble two cents.

The thing men are most likely to lie about is sex. Well, maybe money and sex. I don't want to fuck with guys who are nervous about fucking with a poz guy: I respect your decision. That's one of the reasons behind getting the biohazard tattoo - it gives you warning that I'm poz. On the other hand, since my viral load is zero, it also means you're missing out on what could be some great sex ;-)