Unfortunately, Breeding Zone is no longer a CumUnion sponsor

rawTOP

As a European living in Europe but working for American company, having American friends and travellling to US a lot it's funny and sad to c how many taboos there r....specially what sex is concerned....in Europe nobody gives a rats ass what u do...I for one am very open about my barebacking practice and the fact I'm a man slut...I don't agree with everything.... But find it should be live and let live...

Plus, 1/3rd of poz guys don't know they're poz - serosorting is a joke because it doesn't work. IMHO (and I'm admittedly biased), there's a lot more meaningful and productive sexual health discussion here on Breeding Zone than there is or ever will be on BBRT. But here we accept the fact guys have the right to become poz if they choose to pursue it. That is deeply disturbing to some people. They can't see the good Breeding Zone does when they see bug chasing given a fair hearing and discussion.

But IMHO that only becomes apparent when you're actively participating here. It takes a few weeks to distinguish between real guys that speak from experience in a nuanced way and the repetitive "I knocked up a dozen neg virgins last week alone" masturbation fantasies. We as members know whom to take seriously and what not to. But to the uninformed visitor it's probably all the same.

That is exactly the level of pressure that CumUnion has to deal with. And as they expand into semi-hostile environments they have to be more and more careful. Again, it's a business decision. Personally I'd just stay away from a city if I couldn't find a venue that was more libertine. Because bathhouses are a shrinking market (due to competition from websites and apps), the younger, more progressive guys haven't been starting up bathhouses. As a result they're pretty much all owned and operated by people who lived through the AIDS crisis. That cohort still doesn't think rationally about barebacking and HIV. In 10 years they'll probably all start retiring and things will change, but until then the situation is what it is.

Interestingly in Germany many bathhouses (e.g. in big cities where there are two or three, it's always at least one) offer some bareback events. Usually that means that part of the club is reserved for a "private party", but of course there's mingling with the regular customers.

But such events are often marketed inoffensively. Either as gatherings of poz guys or as just another sex party (e.g. the "YoungsterB" orgy. The passer-by wouldn't know that "B" stands for barebackers). And IMHO being discreet that way is completely ok. Not only as a business decision, but also because it's the organizers' prerogative to define what they want to stand for. Just as it is everyone's right to go elsewhere.

Edited by GermanFucker

WOW, another great discussion. I am impressed by the level of intelligence & consideration of Breeding zone patrons. I hate censorship too. I think we, patrons, are informed enough to make our own decisions on where to party & how we party. IMHO, we know what's really going on in the gay community. I am sick of fags that are aids-phobic.

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely sucks about the situation, BUT, we still have to look at the facts of what was provided a bit earlier. With the fact that it's starting to get more and more known nationally and internationally, you still have to take into consideration how things are in different locales as far as what's allowed, what's not for venues and the main factor more than anything, "liability issues".

Thankfully with a lot of us on here, we know a lot more of how things are with what's cool, what's not, limits and such when dealing with hookups and all. HOWEVER, we still have so many people who are either ignorant or feign ignorance just to try and get a quick buck on misery, playing "victim" when they knew what they were doing, be they fellow members of the board or not.

I'll probably still go to one with my friend fwap on here, but again, depending on the location it's held and if it's a decent locale. If it's not at a decent locale, we'll hold off.