Unfortunately, Breeding Zone is no longer a CumUnion sponsor

rawTOP

• Administrators

Just got word today that Breeding Zone is no longer a CumUnion sponsor. They were getting push back by some new venues they were going after about the bug chasing sections here – though the only bug chasing that's visible to non-members is fiction – but whatever. It's disappointing. I'm bummed and I wonder what that means about CumUnion, but it is what it is.

Hypocrites is what it is. Don't take it too hard RawTop. Bathhouses around the country have a "No Barebacking" Policy and people are still fucking raw - even in public areas. For Example, I was in Chicago in September and a Hung Latin Dude took my hole in the open shower room at Mans Country - Chuck Renslow (Head of IML and forbids any video company that promotes barebacking to be a vendor at IML) was walking around and saw what was going on - he just shook his head in disdain and walked away. Hypocrites - that's all. Anyone who barebacks knows the risk. I don't do well at Cumunion parties either, never been a big fan of them - bunch of twinky guys most of the time anyway.

While yes, they seem to be hypocrites, remember they are running a business and have to do a fine line dance too. I stopped doing IML when they banned companies like Dick Wadd or Treasure Island or SX from the market because of the bareback nature of the videos. IML was obviously getting pressure from either the health department or self righteous people who only wanted certain things to be in their view finders. And yet, the man behind IML while standing at the podium preaching no drugs, no bareback, left each day to collect the proceeds from his not so sanitary bathhouse- Mans Country- where drugs and raw are everywhere. But, by standing there, he may have been able to fend off any further pressure and incursions by the morality squad. Its pathetic, but a part of where we are. Here in Ft Lauderdale, our local sex/bottle club has had AHF panting at their door about the unsafe sex going on in the club- to the point the club actually wen tin and remodeled to make it less blatantly a suck and fuck place . And fact is- AHF runs the STD testing clinics and probably has a lot of the guys testing positive for a STD saying they have no idea of who they contracted it from ( although they most likely do) and instead will say they were at a sex club or bathhouse- so there is no embarrassment of a health dept worker calling up a trick and saying Joe Blow has Gonno and he may have gotten/given it to you. So the tubs and sex clubs have to be more defensive- because others are hunting them,rightly or wrongly

but frankly- the CumUnion parties always came off as a voyeurs venue and not as much group rolling sex

• Administrators
While yes, they seem to be hypocrites, remember they are running a business and have to do a fine line dance too.

That is part of the issue - it's definitely a business decision - they think they can make more money if Breeding Zone is not a sponsor. They also got pushback about BBRT, but they defended BBRT a lot more than Breeding Zone because BBRT was one of the initial sponsors that started CumUnion. They spun it to the critics that BBRT promoted serosorting - which is a bit absurd. I've never seen BBRT promote serosorting and I've been on there for YEARS. Plus, 1/3rd of poz guys don't know they're poz - serosorting is a joke because it doesn't work. IMHO (and I'm admittedly biased), there's a lot more meaningful and productive sexual health discussion here on Breeding Zone than there is or ever will be on BBRT. But here we accept the fact guys have the right to become poz if they choose to pursue it. That is deeply disturbing to some people. They can't see the good Breeding Zone does when they see bug chasing given a fair hearing and discussion.

I stopped doing IML when they banned companies like Dick Wadd or Treasure Island or SX from the market because of the bareback nature of the videos. IML was obviously getting pressure from either the health department or self righteous people who only wanted certain things to be in their view finders. And yet, the man behind IML while standing at the podium preaching no drugs, no bareback, left each day to collect the proceeds from his not so sanitary bathhouse- Mans Country- where drugs and raw are everywhere.

Chuck Renfrow is the person you're talking about. Having talked to people close to IML board members – their decision to go anti-bareback was completely Chuck's idea. He is clearly hypocritical. Personally I don't think the label hypocritical fits for CumUnion. They're not speaking out against us. They just can't be seen with us – there's a big substantive difference.

But, by standing there, he may have been able to fend off any further pressure and incursions by the morality squad. Its pathetic, but a part of where we are. Here in Ft Lauderdale, our local sex/bottle club has had AHF panting at their door about the unsafe sex going on in the club- to the point the club actually went in and remodeled to make it less blatantly a suck and fuck place . And fact is- AHF runs the STD testing clinics and probably has a lot of the guys testing positive for a STD saying they have no idea of who they contracted it from ( although they most likely do) and instead will say they were at a sex club or bathhouse- so there is no embarrassment of a health dept worker calling up a trick and saying Joe Blow has Gonno and he may have gotten/given it to you. So the tubs and sex clubs have to be more defensive- because others are hunting them,rightly or wrongly

That is exactly the level of pressure that CumUnion has to deal with. And as they expand into semi-hostile environments they have to be more and more careful. Again, it's a business decision. Personally I'd just stay away from a city if I couldn't find a venue that was more libertine. Because bathhouses are a shrinking market (due to competition from websites and apps), the younger, more progressive guys haven't been starting up bathhouses. As a result they're pretty much all owned and operated by people who lived through the AIDS crisis. That cohort still doesn't think rationally about barebacking and HIV. In 10 years they'll probably all start retiring and things will change, but until then the situation is what it is.

I try never to say negative things in print, but I agree that the FTL CumUnion was always disappointing. I went three times and each time I left and went to Slammers instead. No big loss.

Boycott CumUnion, I for one was never a fan of the parties here in Lauderdale.