AirBnB for Traveling Gays

toxiclover

I think a great idea for a website would be a site similar to airbnb.com and couchsurfing.com but for gay guys.

Gay guys with extra room in their house could offer that up to travelers who match his preferences.

This has obvious benefits for both parties. Free lodging for the traveler and free sex/companionship for the hosting party.

I know I would use something like this when traveling. This would provide instant benefits such as a local guide as a host, airport pickups/dropoffs, local "hook ups to party", etc.

Anyone else think this is a good idea and something they would use?

• Administrators

My bf and I talked about exactly that. We thought (briefly) about using AirBnB to bring in a little extra month, but then didn't like the idea of having to deal with straight people - we just wanted gay guys (or at least gay-friendly straight folks). But there was also the issue of trust. I'm not sure I want to give complete strangers access to my home.

I've been wanting to make BBBH.com different than most hookup sites. I mean clearly the primary use will be for sex, but the "brotherhood" idea really speaks to the fact that there is a community behind all our fucking. I could add an AirBnB like component to the site, so guys could advertise that they have rooms available.

And I've already been thinking of implementing the concept of trust on BBBH. There are sorta three ways to see someone on a site like that - 1) how hot/fuckable are they?, 2) how big of a slut are they?, and 3) how much can you trust/depend on them? I would start by designating a certain group of guys as "trustworthy" - they'd get to designate a certain number of guys as trustworthy. For every person who says you're trustworthy, you could designate someone else as trustworthy. The more people who vouch for you the more your trust score goes up. That trust score could be used for the AirBnB-like system. You could designate a minimum trust score for people to see your listing, etc. (since pictures of your home are pretty sensitive).

Does that sound like a good idea? Or is BBBH.com the wrong place for something like that? If you guys say yes, realize it'll be late this year that I could get something like that up.

Www.pinkroof.com tried years ago with mixed results. Problem is there's not enough gays around to generate the volume required for a gayrbrb to work

bingo, There has to be enough of a market to support the site and make some sort of profit, and IMO by limiting it to gay men, its pretty hard. However airbnb can be pretty lucrative. My friend who is gone alot because he's a flight attendent made 25k off his place last year, and often that just with people using a sofa bed.

I hope you run with the idea, RawTop. It doesn't have to be a major feature of the site but something available for those interested.

I'm sure gays travel more than the general population so there has to be a market for this even if its just listing gays who are open to hosting travelers for free. It'd be nice to have one place where people can find each other for this kind of thing.

I love this idea. I've known a number of friends who have used Airbnb and were really happy about it. I'd do it. THough I like the idea of renting a place when no one is home, rather than when the hosts are home. I looked into renting my guest room, since I am in a popular tourist area and convenient to an international airport, but decided against it since my guest room is adjacent to my kids rooms and they would have to share a bathroom. My room is on so far from theirs that I wouldn't be able to know if there was a problem.

RT, the trust concept is great. I'm just wondering though, if maybe "reliable" is more on point. Meaning, will this guy actually show up when he arranges a hookup. If a guy is just dicking around, mark him as "unreliable". I don't really get to know a hookup well enough to know if I trust him or not. But I can tell if he's reliable by whether or not he shows up on time, is who he says he is, and doesn't steal from me. I really like your thinking on this.

• Administrators
RT, the trust concept is great. I'm just wondering though, if maybe "reliable" is more on point. Meaning, will this guy actually show up when he arranges a hookup. If a guy is just dicking around, mark him as "unreliable". I don't really get to know a hookup well enough to know if I trust him or not. But I can tell if he's reliable by whether or not he shows up on time, is who he says he is, and doesn't steal from me. I really like your thinking on this.

I want trust to be something which is hard to get. So I want it to be more than just reliable.

Just saw that site from the link. Looks good. Wish it had more critical mass as for as listings goes. most cities just have one or two listings.

I think maybe having "vacation host" or something similar as an option on the profiles on BBBH would be a good way of alerting other member that this guy may be someone who can host guests for a longer term basis. Maybe having this as something informal, the the parties can interact and set up the terms for the visit that they both want and agree upon. Perhaps for no fee at all. Just friendship and sex.

I would love to see us post more travel listings on the regional pages here (If that is cool with RT.)

Guys often will post when traveling places looking for sex venue advice, but also maybe we could have guest hosting wanted or offered postings there too - with or without sex as part of the offer.

Guest JizzDumpWI
I want trust to be something which is hard to get. So I want it to be more than just reliable.

if there could be links to simple case search, so that if they have had court cases for theft, etc, might be useful. Else not likely to provide keys to my house to a guy just for the chance of getting laid. We might get fucked in a not so great way.

• 1 year later...