I'm 19 and ready to be Poz.

Am I ready to become poz?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Am I ready to become poz?

Prep is the new option for fucking with poz guys. Many guys are using it now, college, married guys not wanting to get infected. But if you do infect. Young guys have a good immune system and can handle the infection better than older guys. The HIV infection is different in all guys, you just don't know if it will be easy or a difficult conversion. Every guy has to make up his own mind in barebacking.

Guest JizzDumpWI
I was getting at whether people would be able to come to terms with it if they saw the anvil dropping. Kind of that cliché "life flashing before your eyes" deal, but in a "well, it's my time. I enjoyed life," way. If you're staring death in the face, most people couldn't handle that; most would reject the reality. But I kind of think you knew that lol.

Indeed I did Rayne. One transitional experience for me was being in a commercial airline crash. My main thought at the time was "I wish all these people would stop that annoying screaming." Some years later, in ER close to being bled out, humor and peacefulness were my main behaviors. They topped the tank and closed the hole. Clearly I am in the "when" camp.

I take PrEP not due to fear of HIV. But I prefer to avoid those side effects if I can. Condom sex isn't my way to experience life. If PrEP fails me and I seroconvert, it won't be met with regret. One could conclude that I am ready to be poz, and yet I make the best attempt to avoid it while playing bare. HIV is not the only chronic condition out there. And many come about due to other life choices. You've said similar before Rayne, that we can choose to live life fully for ourselves. We can choose reasonable safety choices until those mean we stop living life fully.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep. That!

I voted yes, but I'd say get on PrEP then fuck like you're bug chasing. Sounds like you're ready to be a good cumdump slut, and you're OK with it if you become poz, but no need to take more risk than you really need to.

Guest NxNW

I see the poll is closed but I'll still weigh in with my 2 cents.

When I meet a really young guy who is poz, a part of me is turned on by it -- like, look at that hot young slut -- but my larger reaction is to be saddened by it. It sucks to have a chronic disease. Not that it can't be managed, but it adds an extra layer of complexity to every decision and is ultimately quite limiting. You might think that you'll have way more hot, consequence-free sex when you're poz, but that's not true. Any young neg guy is going to have way more potential partners.

Now what IS undeniably hot is BB sex. So how do you get the piggy sex and stay neg? Simple: PrEP. Go on PrEP and you can be a hot teen slut and take loads w/o contracting HIV. Now you may pick up other STD's, so lets not pretend that PrEP solves everything, but it's still a really good thing.

Personally I think it would be super-hot to fuck a young neg guy who's on PrEP and willing to take my poz load. As it stands, I wouldn't BB a neg guy that young without him being on PrEP. Just recently fucked a hot neg 18 y/o, but used a condom. There's no way I want to be responsible for pozzing up someone that young. Even though I'm UD and it probably couldn't happen, I still don't want that on my conscience.

Edited by NxNW

Guest JizzDumpWI
Prep is the new option for fucking with poz guys. Many guys are using it now, college, married guys not wanting to get infected. But if you do infect. Young guys have a good immune system and can handle the infection better than older guys. The HIV infection is different in all guys, you just don't know if it will be easy or a difficult conversion. Every guy has to make up his own mind in barebacking.

SA2, poz guys are not the problem in passing on HIV infection... At least, not undetectable poz guys. We need PrEP tp protect us from the "neg" guys. That is where the majority of new infections come from. If I knew I was getting bred by poz guys on meds who have been undetectable for some time, I wouldn't concern myself with PrEP at all. I suspect that you believe "older guys" are over 25???

Guest Porthos

**1 From Wikipedia: "In the United States, subject to the Homeowners Protection Act of 1998,[5] a borrower who provides less than 20% down payment up front may be required to pay for private mortgage insurance until the outstanding mortgage is less than 80% of the value of the property"

I'm not suggesting he should seek getting pozzed, but your exaggerations are a bit ridiculous...Private Mortgage Insurance has nothing to do with health...It is simply insures the bank against the possibility of the borrower defaulting on his mortgage...There is no health examination or even questions involved.

As I pointed out, Health questions ARE included for Mortgage insurance WHERE I LIVE. It was AN example. One of THOUSANDS I could pick.

But the BIGGER point is, HIV has a shitload of unintended consequences. It's not JUST about sex. As far as sex goes, being Poz gets you LESS sex. The majority of "think they're neg" guys will immediately reject you.

PrEP is a much better option, than deciding to become Poz.

Nice ass, As for your question, some guys like to be able to gift other guys, "mark them as theirs" sort of thing. every one is different with HIV, I was able to go 25 years with out meds

There are studies that indicate that if you take meds for a limited time during the first stage of HIV infection it will give your body more of a chance to mount a defense. Some guys

in the studies were able to go off meds, and their bodies were able to control HIV

Same, I'm 19 and so ready to become poz. I've be whoring around the last two weeks seeing what I can pick up
Please explain the "positive" outcomes - the good things, you expect as a result of becoming HIV Positive.

Why not go on PrEP instead? I'd be willing to bet that it would give you all the imagined benefits of being Poz. The main downside of PrEP is an increased frequency of blood tests and doctor's appointments. But you would have those if you became Poz.

In a sense, PrEP gives you all of the inconvenience of being Poz (daily drugs, blood tests, doctor appointments), without actually being Poz. But with PrEP you actually manage to avoid the Stigma, and other life complications of being Poz.

Same, I'm 19 and so ready to become poz. I've be whoring around the last two weeks seeing what I can pick up��

Okay idiot. listen to the post above mine, hes nicer about the truth than I am.

Poz1956 has it right as usual. I seroconverted in 1980, tested in 1987. Despite the "exclusivity" of having HIV there's always the inconveniences. Today's meds don't guarantee you an illness-free future - I'm fairly sure that I've got thrush in my throat as I type. There's the side-effects of the drugs: tenofovir (one of the components of truvada) nearly killed me a couple of years ago. BTW truvada seems to be metabolised differently in the presence of HIV so don't worry about your PrEP! I'm a regular on a British message board for PwHIV, almost all of whose members haven't had HIV longer than me, if you see what I mean. I read their posts and despair: they didn't have much choice but to limit their sex lives because of HIV since PrEP hasn't been approved in the UK. It's there for you: take it.

And to add a personal comment, if you're only nineteen, there's no way you're ready to decide to chance getting a life-threatening illness. Yes I'm aware that it's been downgraded to a chronic condition in the UK, but take away all those expensive antivirals, and it's still a killer. Get yourself on PrEP. You do not need HIV.

I am sorry I have to say this, but any 19 yo who says "I am ready to get pozzed" is totally and utterly stupid and doesn't know what he is talking about.

You don't know how it is to live with HIV (neither do I as I am still neg, but i have friends who do), but you don't know the consequences it will have in your future life or career as an adult and in working life. Make that decision when you are in your 30s or even later and have experienced what life is as an adult.

Think about how you are going to pay for the costs of your medication for example. How it will affect your professional life. Pff....I can go on.

My guess is this post is just a hoax to see what the reactions are from fellow members. If it is not then I pity the guy as he has nothing to look forward to. Getting HIV/AIDS happens, I just don't understand guys who are chasing it. My point of view of course.