I'm 19 and ready to be Poz.

Am I ready to become poz?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Am I ready to become poz?

Don't go seeking it bud. At 19, you may think you know what you want. As with many other things you imagine you want now, your mind will change a dozen times over the rest of your life.

There is no romance to being Poz. Your life is NOT better when you become Poz.

If you choose to follow a BB lifestyle, and this bug finds you, then it was destiny. But ideally you'll stay a happy, healthy, piggy Neg guy for a good many years. If you're lucky, and I hope you are, you'll stay Neg the rest of your life. If you have the option of PrEP -- TAKE IT!

I've known I am Poz for 28 years. I've probably been for 30. I can tell you that my life would have been much better, and I would have been much happier, if I had been fortunate enough to stay Neg. It wasn't even an option for me though. I got it before the words Safe and Sex were ever used in the same sentence. Back when condoms were used to prevent pregnancy, and gay men didn't get pregnant. Back when this was just called Fucking, and didn't have this catchy cowboy moniker, or rebel connotation.

If you are hell bent on getting bugged, first go buy a cheep "Term Life" insurance policy. That's not one with savings. It's just insurance. Buy a big enough policy to cover the price of the house or condo you eventually plan on purchasing. Keep up the payments - it's only going to be something like $25 a month. You'll need life insurance insurance to get the mortgage, and you won't be able to get it when you're Poz.

And that's just one small example of unintended future outcomes from being Poz, that you haven't considered.

• Upvote 2

Guest baddaddy

I agree with poz1956. If you convert now you'll be on meds for the rest of your life. If it happens it happens but don't go looking for it at your age.

• Moderators

A lot of guys want to feel free to fuck whoever they want, but that is a matter of your state of mind not your HIV status.

Accept you may get pozzed. Then go fuck how you want to fuck.

• Administrators

I voted yes, but I'd say get on PrEP then fuck like you're bug chasing. Sounds like you're ready to be a good cumdump slut, and you're OK with it if you become poz, but no need to take more risk than you really need to.

What would be the benefit of getting poz now? Not having to worry about getting it anymore? That seems like little benefit when you look at the financial and health replications becoming poz will have on your life not to mention the psychological.

• Upvote 1

Guest Kloik

Yeah i vote no you should wait until your older because you might regret it later but if you keep thinking about it when you get older than go for it....if you wanna bareback just get a boyfriend or a lover you can trust

I voted no. Anyone whose sex life depends on the opinion of other shouldn't be having sex at all.

It's your life, so take responsibility. Personally I find bugchasing supremely pointless. Just als poz1956 said: Why try to become poz when you can have just as much good just letting the dice roll (or even going on PrEP). But hey, for some guy's it's their fetish. A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do. If being poz is your one obsession, noone can talk you out of it. But please, for the love of God, make sure that it's YOU who really wants it. Not some anonymous wankers on the internet talking you into it.

Do what feels right for YOU. If sex means living someone else's fantasies instead of your very own, there's something going wrong.

Thank you so much, these are the kind of things I have no idea about.

Being blunt, if you have no idea about "these things" you are not ready in the slightest.

Becoming poz is a LIFELONG illness. Why would you choose that? even if you dont have health complications, which even with treatment are common, are you ready for what other people may think? Are you ready to possiblly be rejected by someone you fall in love with because of your status? Are you for always letting people know your status before sex?

Being poz isnt fun, despite what is glamorized in some circles.

If you want to have BB sex, then go on PrEP.

• Upvote 1