Popper Problems

Scottyrim

I love Poppers. Need them during sex ,love them when I am wanking. They are my favourite thing, but I have some problems that I wondered if you could help me with.

1. I always end up looking like Rudolf the Red nosed reindeer. This would be fine in the festive season, but I usually find this occurs in the off season. I find particular brands make this worse. I love Rush but always end up distinctly red. Amsterdam is better.

2. I end up taking so much up my nose that I start coughing and this lasts for days ,sometimes weeks and I have ended up on antibiotics because it becomes serious. If I was auditioning for La Traviata and was 20 years younger this could be a bonus. In a Bathhouse, it is the fastest way to clear out a steamroom.

3 The smell. Personally I love the smell of Eau de Lockeroom. My straight flatmate however has an allergic reaction to it.

I love them as I say and I dont want to lose using them. It is not that I use them every day. I don't. But when I do use them I use them heavily. Has anyone had any experience of these things? Anyone have any advice besides stop ?

Not sure what advice you're looking for, I have the same problem with coughing, although not as severe. I found the coughing only comes when the poppers are nearly useless or not as strong. I mean it's really not good to be inhaling these things so don't be surprised that they're causing problems. I use them to begin with and then give myself a break from them. I don't get a red nose but my lips and finger and toe nails turn blue after heavy use and I look like a cadaver. Not good. I've found the smell of new poppers arent as strong, along with their effectiveness. If you need them to relax, may I suggest using another substance? Maybe weed?(I dont smoke so not sure) but it could be a case of you needing to ditch them even though you said that's not an option. You should burn incense maybe to disguise the odour, or  scented candles. I'd worry about that coughing thing, esp if youve had to go on antibiotics. 

The only time I had a red mark under my nose from them was when I was once in a sling. A guy pulled me towards him as I was taking a hit and I spilt a large amount of it up my nose, was horrible stuff and almost completely ruined the night. 

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem as you, Only thing is I need to use poppers to get fucked since I don't go out and get fucked often it puts me in the mood and you know the rest. But the thing is I end up getting a head cold for a few days and it sucks. I have noticed that its more with the poppers that have the ball in them to keep them fresh then the ones with out it like English but recently it happened with English too. What am I to dooooo I need that amazing little bottle to get fucked 

• Upvote 2

The redness might be because your nose touches the bottle opening and there may be some poppers right on the edge of the bottle.  Make sure you wipe the top of the bottle before touching your nose.  Or, coat your nose with cream or vaseline before and after use.

Also, there are those metal containers that have cotton in them that you soak with poppers so you don't have liquid sloshing around.  (I think there are also small face masks that kinda work the same way.)

• Upvote 2

Mate, you have an allergic reaction. It will get worse if you don't do anything. Up to you, but I would talk to a doc and tune it down until it gets better. 

Otherwise you are looking at losing it all together. 

Sorry to be so harsh

• Upvote 1

For the rudolph problem: 

1) Put a coat of vaseline on your nose

2) When you open the poppers, wipe off the top of the bottle with a pillowcase or towel before you put it up to your nose

3) don't let the glass actually touch your nose. 

4) Reapply vaseline as the night goes on. 

5) If you notice your nose getting red, switch to mouth inhalation. 

I have the same problem sometimes, you just have to work around it

• Upvote 4

The cough sounds like acid reflux to me. I've had this problem since I was a kid. In addition to or Instead of the usual cough remedies try some antacids. You might also want to avoid acidic foods while you're at it. 

Poppers can also be inhaled through the mouth, sparing your nose some wear and tear. It's called huffing and it's the sign of a true popper pig.

Edited by FatFuckPigMA
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses. I agree I may have an allergic response and as I say I only use them during sec at the moment or when my flat mate is away and I become a total user.

I like the idea of Vaseline in my nose. I also like the idea of breathing them through the mouth. I have never tried that. Is it the same?

I think I also hold it right under my nose till it is touching,so I need to stop that.

Huffing is about the same as sniffing. The buzz is a bit deeper and less sharp, if that makes any sense.  I'd brush my teeth soon after a popper session because tit can leave a nasty taste in your mouth and the fumes can wear away at tooth enamel.  

• Upvote 1

I like to pour a decent amount on the underwear of wherever is using me and just keep holding it over my mouth and nose so guess I huff a bit too. I usually pour a decent amount on since I don't get fucked to often I don't mind wasting a bottle in a night and keep pouring it on the underwear. i thought it could be an acid reflux type thing to but with my nose getting clogged it doesn't feel like it and my throat doesn't burn or have that acid gas feeling. 

• Upvote 2

For the rudolph problem: 

1) Put a coat of vaseline on your nose

2) When you open the poppers, wipe off the top of the bottle with a pillowcase or towel before you put it up to your nose

3) don't let the glass actually touch your nose. 

4) Reapply vaseline as the night goes on. 

5) If you notice your nose getting red, switch to mouth inhalation. 

I have the same problem sometimes, you just have to work around it

I agree you just have to work around it or take a break from them.