Popper Problems

Scottyrim

I don't want to say I'm a poppers expert, but I've had A LOT of experience with a lot of different brands.. I've used them in gas masks for hours on end, and then I've had periods where I haven't touched them for a couple months to give myself a break.

I'm curious why you "need" them though. Granted it's a better experience (I sometimes take a bottle when I go to a bar/club, not even for sex, just to get that euphoric head rush). If you "need" them to bottom, it suggests maybe you don't have a lot of bottoming experience or haven't properly learned to enjoy it. Guys will often wank themselves off while they're getting fucked for the same reason - it distracts them and overall intensifies the pleasurable feeling. But sex is still fun without them  ;)

I'm thinking it's maybe an issue with the brand (or wherever you've sourced them from). A red nose could just be a skin sensitivity, but if you're coughing for a few days after, you're probably having to inhale REALLY deeply to get the effect you're after. Perhaps not strong enough, or you're just too accustomed to them? My advice is to change up to something else. You're in Australia right? I'm in Sydney, so I can probably recommend some good places to try. I personally use the Black Label Jungle Juice bottles, and then I kind of experiment with other brands on the side.

I wouldn't try soaking a rag etc though.. if you're having trouble taking hits from the bottle, I think more prolonged exposure is probably a bad idea. Again, change up the brand/where you buy them from, and see if it helps. The smell depends on the brand (some are of course better than others), but I mean, they're chemicals after all. Try to make sure you're doing them in a somewhat ventilated space... maybe keep a fan on or something to redistribute the air. Also HEAVY popper use (and I mean HEAVY!!! use) tends to weaken the immune system. I remember reading research on it a couple years ago, and just personally, I feel completely crap for a couple days after.

You don't need to stop using them.. just invest a bit of time and money in finding what works for you.

Thanks for the responses. I agree I may have an allergic response and as I say I only use them during sec at the moment or when my flat mate is away and I become a total user.

I like the idea of Vaseline in my nose. I also like the idea of breathing them through the mouth. I have never tried that. Is it the same?

I think I also hold it right under my nose till it is touching,so I need to stop that.

Fantastic responses thanks.

When I say I need them, I should say my strong preference is for them.

I actually like wanking myself off with them.

I think the deep inhale is possibly correct.

I love the answers here. Love talking to fellow Popper fiends :)

In the past I sometimes had this problem too and now I am careful, but in the heat of the moment sometimes it still happens.

One of the best suggestions I read here is to buy an inhaler. You can also wear that around your neck. It may not be as strong as inhaling directly from the bottle but it will protect your skin.

Guest 120DaysofSodom

My face gets really flush and turns red when I inhale poppers but thats about it. I do dislike that, but it could be worse. I like jungle juice the best.

Some very good reply's on this, I have had the same problems as the OP, so here are my thoughts,

Always wipe the top of the bottle!!, never ever let the actual liquid contact the skin, it will burn and mark where ever it touches skin.

I have found the cheap shop brought poppers to be the worst offenders, also as soon as the poppers go past their best, the second they stop working, ditch them!, never try to make them last longer by having to inhale for longer periods, I find thats when they are most likely, almost guaranteed, to cause a bad cough, headaches and a general feeling of crappy ness, for days after.

One way I have used with success, to stop the red nose, is to use a card tube wrapped around the bottle, thus keeping the glass a small distance from the nose, or mouth, the card does not burn or mark!.

Some brands are just worse than others, and I think they can all make one cough for days after, if used too much, as in every day/night, or one very long session.

I love to use poppers when I am on my own, find them far more affective if I wait until I am very horny and almost ready to cum, in other words, its not the poppers that make me horny, so much as how much they enhance the experience when I am already horny.

Be very careful using poppers, when laid down, I once accidentally tipped a bottle, inhaling a good deal of the raw liquid, straight up my nose!!!, I was in a sauna, the pain was fantastic, in a very bad bad way!, I rushed to the toilet, trying to get as much fresh water up my nose as I could.

The pain lasted for days and days, my nose bled a bit, was incredibly sore, like getting a bad cold for days and days after, it literally took weeks to heel properly, I ended up visiting my doctor, to get some antibiotics, never told him it was the poppers though!.

I do not use them whilst laid down any more, well, not whilst laid on my back!!!.

I love poppers though, buy them online now, always wipe the top of the open bottle now, also good to keep a glass of water to hand, and some kitchen paper, in case any liquid does get into contact with the skin, wash the skin immediately, as in really fast!!, with the water, oh, and be careful with holding you're finger over the open bottle, to stop it evaporating, as you end up with an ugly stain on the finger.....

I think breathing poppers in through the mouth can be stronger and longer lasting than breathing through the nose, but maybe thats my imagination!.

I do miss the old formula, a large bottle of English could last me one month!!, now they are gone over within days, three days for most, can get a bit expensive, so best to have good breaks away from them, if only for you're wallets sake.....

Edited by bb502

• 2 years later...

How long do you use them usually? How much do you use? Is the cough a dry chest cough? Itchy throat with drip cough? Do your sinuses feel dry? burn?

Coconut oil in and around the nose helps.

The crappier or older poppers are the weaker they are and the more of a hit you need from that bottle to get the rush. Ditch em and get a new bottle each time.

• 1 month later...

I like poppers too. Especially fucking bare on them. However I have noticed if I use a brand too often I lose the sensation. I have to switch up to another brand. I like Amsterdam a lot. Great feeling.  If I put them too close to my nose it does get red and irritated. Guess that is just "popper nose" and would be funny if we all recognize other popper users from it.  HAHA. And certain brands make my cock lose it.  Depends on quality and strength. Sinus gets dry and I get real thirsty after a good session.  J/O with them too is fun.

On 12/30/2014 at 6:33 PM, Bottomhole said:

Not sure what advice you're looking for, I have the same problem with coughing, although not as severe. I found the coughing only comes when the poppers are nearly useless or not as strong. I mean it's really not good to be inhaling these things so don't be surprised that they're causing problems. I use them to begin with and then give myself a break from them. I don't get a red nose but my lips and finger and toe nails turn blue after heavy use and I look like a cadaver. Not good. I've found the smell of new poppers arent as strong, along with their effectiveness. If you need them to relax, may I suggest using another substance? Maybe weed?(I dont smoke so not sure) but it could be a case of you needing to ditch them even though you said that's not an option. You should burn incense maybe to disguise the odour, or  scented candles. I'd worry about that coughing thing, esp if youve had to go on antibiotics. 

The only time I had a red mark under my nose from them was when I was once in a sling. A guy pulled me towards him as I was taking a hit and I spilt a large amount of it up my nose, was horrible stuff and almost completely ruined the night. 

Turning blue from poppers is a bad thing. It depletes the O2 in the blood so you need to be careful. I did a couple bottles with a fuck bud once and was in the hospital.  Enjoy but be careful.