BNskin.com

cboycam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelGuy4Bareback

I never joined BNskin, as I'm scared of posting a face pic, as no one knows I'm bi/gay......Do they show the face pic?

I never joined BNskin, as I'm scared of posting a face pic, as no one knows I'm bi/gay......Do they show the face pic?

No, they don't! Too bad the site is down again, I wonder if they can get it back again and working 100%. Found my german gifters through BNSkin, so the site is very special to me!

Guest TravelGuy4Bareback
No, they don't! Too bad the site is down again, I wonder if they can get it back again and working 100%. Found my german gifters through BNSkin, so the site is very special to me!

So you take the pic to prove its you, but they never post it? SO you don't have to post a face pic to your profile? Still scared to give someone a face pic.

This thread was the first Google result for "bnskin.com site trouble"

Damn.

Thanks for the thread, and the blog I never saw before. The forum is one of the best things about BNSkin, though rather primitive in style.

I LOVE that site - and have met more real good and fun guys from there than any cyber where. I found it after wandering as a refugee from the fall of my beloved Barebackcity.

BNSkin seems to have the same problems it did two weeks ago, not recognizing username / password. I just waited, it seemed OK, but no forums nor member search via location, which was too bad as I was traveling. I do not want to complain or make a stink (besides why?) because I don't want to upset anyone or re-state the (bleeding) obvious. It makes me feel a tad prematurely sad and insecure that there have been problems of neglect there for some time. I uploaded movies almost a year ago that never got posted and one that got posted wrong. One E-Mail every two months since, my compromise of doing something and not nagging. Oh Well.

I am imagining it will get repaired in a week or so, and perhaps anyone with knowledge might post here I will check back THANKS guys

~ And I will upload a member pic when I can dig one up and check out the rest of the site. I believe Rawtop's profile has gotten my dick hard a lot from BNSkin, though from afar as I am in Washington DC for now - James~

...It seems to be working now, after I reset my password then reset it back to what it was because I like my own, the forums work but not the member search by location. WTF? And the meber movies have not been updated. Soon it will be a year since I uploaded my last one and it got screwed up and the others overlooked or lost or something. (I still have them of course uploaded to rapidshare and archived, not posted anywhere though, yet.) Also did not get a birthday greeting mail, which I don't care about anyway except that it means the site is not working like it should or even as it has been working I fear for it's health and survival. - I wish it would get well soon.

I find Adam4Adam too primitive and limited, and Manhunt just a pain in the brain to use, even though I do get dick on it when I try and even when I don't, it's just too tweaky. BBRT is a clone of Manhunt's crap format so as such still more than a bit of a pain, I LOVED BarebackCity so much - extended profiles, user interaction, forums, non-buggy code (generally,) and profiles and information that was easy to save. Also you could post your real E-Mail and website address(es) - like you can't on Mancunt etc WTF is that about? If the goal is facilitating guys connect, let us the fuck connect!?

Something about BNSkin - the group of guys, the forums, and the initial concept is really great, I think. Regardless of the shitty old code and lack of maintenance. I would love to find other sites similarly good, also video sites other than xtube to upload a video or two... - any suggestions anybody??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[Funny, I also discovered **this** site by googling for help about bnskin.com. After I post this I'll probably just look around here. At least this site let's me register....]

I'm not as advanced as any of you on this thread seem to be: I can't seem to actually register with bnskin.com. Maybe one of you can tell me please what/if I'm doing wrong:

1. I get as far as the screen that requires me to upload a "validation photo". I use the webcam built into my laptop to take a snapshot, and I'm **quite** certain that I fulfill all the requirements. I choose the photo to upload, and I note the sentence which tells me: "After clicking "Save" once, please wait for the next screen to appear to ensure that your validation photo is saved. " and I say to myself "what the hell is the "next screen"?? But I press "Save" -- and almost instantly I am returned to the top of the same web page (the one that says "Validation Photo Required." )

I can not get out of that cycle, no matter how cleverly I try. For example, the log in page tells me to press the "help desk" button if I have a problem -- but when I figure out how to bring up a page with the "help desk" button and press it, it brings me back to the login page, and tells me to log in to see the "chosen page." Unfortunately, when I log in, I don't see the chosen page (the help desk), I see the bloody page that requires me to upload a Validation photo. I feel like the losers in Animal House who keep on being brought back to the same corner of the house.

There's even something somewhere which says something like "if you don't have validation photo, you might as well stop now, because you'll continue to be locked out of your account until you email it to us." If only there were some way to email the site-master, I'd just send him my #($*ing valdation photo. But I see no email address.

So can anyone tell me what the "next screen" after you upload a validation photo is? And why do I never get it?

As final clues, I'll just mention that I really do get sent back to the validation form almost instantly, so its hard for me to imagine that the site even has time to check that the pic is large enough (it has to be at least 300x300 pixels). Also, in IE at least, this validation page seems to be http://bnskin.com/index.php?reason=1 and that's also where I get redirected to.

Thanks for any clues. If one of you can log in, perhaps you can just cut-and-paste this into a help-desk ticket? Maybe he'll be nice and answer me at the email address of my registered user name.

(Yes, he does have a "login problems" page, and it gives me a place to click to report problems -- but that link takes me back to the login screen too. So I can never get to a help page, as far as I can tell).

It's only appeaerantly up but totally unusable, yet. Wonder how long more.

Yeah, I wonder too! I really loved that site, now when I log on, there are only a few users online! If the can't fix it we have to write an obituary for BNSkin! But very happy to have found this forum, BNSkin had lost a bit of its former shine already, while Breedingzone has all the right perverted pigs like me!

of course it has so few ppl logged in: itg can't keep the cookies, appearantly. plus the msging system is fucked up - just to mention a few.

i agree it's a big loss, unless those guys hurry up and fix it

BTW i see no competition vs breedingzone or others.. bnskin - like BZ and othe GOOD sites - has its own character, and its own area too. For all the rest, i do fully agree.

• 2 weeks later...

It is working for me; although when I try logging in in the evening it sometimes takes three tries.

After their original breakdown I did have to reset my password. Very few users on it these days.

The message ontheir homepage:

We are very very sorry for the site outage from Thursday 19th to Sunday 22nd August.

Our server hosting company upgraded our servers to faster versions but also updated our database and operating systems.

Unfortunately they did not give us any notice of this and our site software has had to be updated to use the new versions of software.

Many issues have been sorted but others are ongoing, we appreciate your patience as we fix all the upgrade issues.

Alan