What's The Point Of Taking Anti-Aids Meds?

milkass

People who did not who are not trying to catch hiv on purpose have nothing to do with anything I have said .. absolutely nothing. I think you're projecting here with your victim-mongering; You're obviously so used hiding behind victimisation arguments that you deploy when when they have no relevance. A person person who intentionally catches HIV is not a victim of anything but his or her own choices. It is indeed insulting to them for you to say legitimate hiv victims should be afforded the same 'compassion' as people who intentionally got it - either by pointed choice or negligent sexual practices. 

I know the difference between hiv and aids. I use the  the term 'anti-aids meds' because it covers two relevant medications - prep and antiretroviral drugs. 

I don't hide behind anything. Victim-mongering? I don't play the victim. Saying I didn't chase doesn't make me a "victim-monger". I take responsibility for my choices in life. But even if I were, that wouldn't change the truth of my posts. Everything I have said is relevant. The same can not be said of you. Again, PrEP is used for anti virus use. Get it right.

I refuse to engage in your hate mongering thread any longer. When you start accusing me of doing things that I'm not, I definitely lose any interest in what you have to say. Your words hold no value. You aren't here to discuss and learn. You can't be reasoned with. You don't want to be educated. You just want to attack and hate. You go right ahead and live in your utopian world. Where everyone should be perfect and be just like you. Life is going to be one huge disappointment after another for you. I'll leave you with this: I've found that people like you that judge and trash others for doing things usually have a lot of things they hide from others. Habits that others would find abhorrent or wrong. Or even be guilty of the very thing they trash others for. It's crazy to quote it here, but I will: He who is without sin, cast the first stone. I'm certain you don't qualify. Go ahead and try and bait me again. I'm not going to bite anymore. I'm done.

OK well that's absurd. It's not possible to contain the flu, given its asymptomatic, airbourne  nature. The only way would be to quarantine everybody 100% of the time. Since this is absurd, the only practical option is for people to do the best they can not to spread it -immunisation, limiting contact etc. Also flu's don't require a lifetime of expensive drugs to treat. But hey whatever makes you feel better about your publicly funded sex life. 

My sex life is as publicly funded as yours is, Milkass. I pay my taxes, take my PrEP, and get my STI checkups like a vast many people. I also get my flu shot and my annual physical.

You keep trying to divide up the world into the "deserving ill" and the "undeserving ill", saving your pseudo-compassion for the latter and directing your scorn at the former. Walk you into a ward with people suffering, be it from cancer, Ebola, or HIV, and you won't know which person is which. They're all in pain, they're all dying. 

HIV doesn't care if someone deserved to get it or not. You are the only asshole who does. Your Humanity is seriously impaired.

• Upvote 1

I don't hide behind anything. Victim-mongering? I don't play the victim. Saying I didn't chase doesn't make me a "victim-monger". I take responsibility for my choices in life. But even if I were, that wouldn't change the truth of my posts. Everything I have said is relevant. The same can not be said of you. Again, PrEP is used for anti virus use. Get it right.

I refuse to engage in your hate mongering thread any longer. When you start accusing me of doing things that I'm not, I definitely lose any interest in what you have to say. Your words hold no value. You aren't here to discuss and learn. You can't be reasoned with. You don't want to be educated. You just want to attack and hate. You go right ahead and live in your utopian world. Where everyone should be perfect and be just like you. Life is going to be one huge disappointment after another for you. I'll leave you with this: I've found that people like you that judge and trash others for doing things usually have a lot of things they hide from others. Habits that others would find abhorrent or wrong. Or even be guilty of the very thing they trash others for. It's crazy to quote it here, but I will: He who is without sin, cast the first stone. I'm certain you don't qualify. Go ahead and try and bait me again. I'm not going to bite anymore. I'm done.

No, you ARE victim-mongering, by equivocating  between legitimate cases of victimisation and tragedy, and reckless, self destructive behaviour. If not victimising yourself, you do it indirectly by refusing to acknowledge what's going on in a community you are involved in. Thinking of me as "hateful" might help you avoid certain facts that you are apparently uncomfortable with, but it doeskin change facts.

My sex life is as publicly funded as yours is, Milkass. I pay my taxes, take my PrEP, and get my STI checkups like a vast many people. I also get my flu shot and my annual physical.

You keep trying to divide up the world into the "deserving ill" and the "undeserving ill", saving your pseudo-compassion for the latter and directing your scorn at the former. Walk you into a ward with people suffering, be it from cancer, Ebola, or HIV, and you won't know which person is which. They're all in pain, they're all dying. 

HIV doesn't care if someone deserved to get it or not. You are the only asshole who does. Your Humanity is seriously impaired.

Yeah .. when I'm on a forum  proclaiming my right to charge society thousands of dollars a month for my sex life then you can compare my actions with yours. 

Edited by milkass

Yeah .. when I'm on a forum  proclaiming my right to charge society thousands of dollars a month for my sex life then you can compare my actions with yours. 

I can compare my actions to yours anytime, including now.

I can compare my compassion to your lack of it (which I'm doing now.)

You've demonstrated nothing other than your desire to define and target those who "deserve" to suffer.  And history is rife with the horrors unleashed when people like you are able to define others as "deserving" of whatever pain befalls them. 

Edited by subbytch
  • Upvote 1

I can compare my actions to yours anytime, including now.

I can compare my compassion to your lack of it (which I'm doing now.)

You've demonstrated nothing other than your desire to define and target those who "deserve" to suffer.  And history is rife with the horrors unleashed when people like you are able to define others as "deserving" of whatever pain befalls them. 

There nothing to feel sorry for you for. You don't have HIV. The only thing wrong with you is your entitlement complex, which, admittedly, is rather pitiful, but that's the whole point. 

Edited by milkass