Why Do Republicans Hate Gay People?

PozSlime

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

If that's the criterion we're going to use for racism - giving a eulogy for someone who was a friend, even if he differed dramatically from you politically (and bear in mind, Thurmond joined the Republican Party in 1964, at the very bleeding edge of racist white flight from the Democrats), then there's an awful lot of today's Republicans who need to be labeled racist - because they go a lot farther than giving such a eulogy. And yet you seem happy to lick their boots for some reason.

1. You’re assuming I am a Republican, which I’m not. I’ve already pointed out the blatant racism in the Republican party. Apparently you’re perfectly fine overlooking the racism of the Democratic Party as long as it means them getting in power.

2. Yes befriending and giving the eulogy for a Klan Member should be a barometer, for racism. Racism and segregation isn’t simply a “political” difference. If a man was a friend to a Nazi no one would dare say it’s OK They just have a “political difference.”

The problem with most Democrats is that they feel casual racism is OK as long as it does not get in the way of their desire for power. So they may not like the racism, but they feel that it gets in the way and they are more pressing needs that need to be addressed. 

Edited by BlackDude

2 hours ago, BlackDude said:

The problem with most Democrats is that they feel casual racism is OK

I disagree.  Most Democrats realize that there have been enormous wrongs committed in the past, and are in process of learning how to correct those wrongs.  I mean, regular, plain old Dems, not ultra Liberals or Progressives (who wind up voting Dem, since to these folks voting R is simply impossible.  However  you define "casual" racism, all of the above-mentioned groups know that grievous behavior, whether in the past or present, needs to be addressed honestly, and rectified to the greatest extent possible.  More, systems constructed or resuscitated to address these profoundly sad, regrettable issues.  

We know that any kind of racism is anti-human, and must be addressed wherever we find it.  Anything less is unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BlackDude said:

1. You’re assuming I am a Republican, which I’m not. I’ve already pointed out the blatant racism in the Republican party. Apparently you’re perfectly fine overlooking the racism of the Democratic Party as long as it means them getting in power.

2. Yes befriending and giving the eulogy for a Klan Member should be a barometer, for racism. Racism and segregation isn’t simply a “political” difference. If a man was a friend to a Nazi no one would dare say it’s OK They just have a “political difference.”

The problem with most Democrats is that they feel casual racism is OK as long as it does not get in the way of their desire for power. So they may not like the racism, but they feel that it gets in the way and they are more pressing needs that need to be addressed. 

And again, I say: only one of the two parties is going to be the victor in November (for the presidential race, that is; each chamber of Congress will also have a victor party and a loser party). I'm all for pushing the "less bad" party to be better. 100% for that. I'm not for discouraging people from voting for the "less bad" party because that can ONLY help the "more bad" party.

I agree that Strom Thurmond was a shitstain of a senator. I never knew him personally, however, and I've known a number of people who I consider professional shitstains who are nonetheless (to some degree) likeable people. Perhaps Biden should have declined to give Thurmond's eulogy; but to decide that doing so means he's simply unacceptable in perpetuity means nobody can be given any credit for growth. 

• Like 1