Oral Gonorrhea Question.

Hey so long story short two weeks ago I went in to the clinic because I had a burning sensation and discharge from my penis. Doctor checked it out and thought I had Chlamydia and gave me the 2 pill azithromycin and I thought that was the end of that. Told me no sex for a week. Symptoms I had cleared up in no time.

So naturally I stopped having sex and decided to wait almost two weeks so from the time I got tested 5/25 to 6/7(yesterday). Hooked up with a regular fuck bud yesterday for some mutual oral fun and that was it.

So now earlier today I get a call from the clinic telling me I had Gonorrhea. I'm confused,but I come in anyways. So after getting treated again with a shot and the same 2 pills as before. Im about to leave and she checks my info and informs me the actual infection was in my THROAT and there never was an infection anywhere else. So at this point I'm confused as hell and now the question I have is this:

How likely is it that I may have passed my partner gonno through giving him oral sex? Were the pills I took before infective in anyway?

Lol now I gotta figure out what the hell was going on with my penis then. Sorry for any bad grammar/typos in advance.

• Upvote 1

You probably did not give the guy gonorrhea. The azithromycin you took would most likely be effective. 

I am 99% confident in my answer based on the information provided.

Without more info I will not give a more detailed and comprehensive answer or how/why I reached that conclusion, but feel free to message me so I can get more info from you and give you a more accurate answer and clarify any confusion you might have.

Source - a clinical lab microbiologist

• Upvote 2

If you care about your "regular fuck bud" you should tell him and suggest he get tested. Otherwise if he's infected, he can pass it on to others (and back to you).

When you've got an STI, get treated yourself, then Man Up and tell the all guys you've played with recently so they can get checked out. No one is happy to get that news but they will thank you and respect you for your candor and honesty. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The CDC guidelines for gonorrhea treatment are one gram of azithromycin and a 250mg shot of ceftriaxone. The former dosing was 2 grams of azithromycin, but theres a lot of resistant strains so ceftriaxone was added as treatment. The azithromycin dosing for chlamydia is one gram, not two, so if your doc was treating you presumptively for chlamydia she would only have given you one gram, which has never been the treatment dosing for gonorrhea. It would knock it down, but not kill (so to speak). That's actually how a lot of bacteria strains become resistant, i.e., not taking a full regimen that will kill the pathogen off. The treatment for gonorrhea will kill chlamydia off, but not vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...