Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

994 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I used Gaydar on a regular computer at uni (Dundee, Scotland) and at home (Edinburgh) in my twenties, later Squirt and BBRT. Maybe got fucked four times a year.

In my mid thirties got a phone with internet access and started using apps like Gaydar, Scruff. But moved to Scottish Highlands and was lucky to meet guys two or three times a year. Dropped to less than once every 18 months for the past five years (post-40) and I genuinely feel like I should just give up.

I've basically not had a sex life.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 4:48 PM, WorkJack said:

Squirt.org seems to work where I am. Grindr has people who chat but don't meet much

But the time stamps on Squirt really suck -- latest updates, chat posts, mail posts are all unreliable

• 2 weeks later...

I had one that chatted with online app that talked to previous. I let them know I could host.  However, not seems interested as conversion went on. 

In short, not help nearby in a small area. Also there attitude seemed of play a game to block me in just see pictures. However, I just wish could have blocked on app. I did see on a different platform that blocked. If not willing to travel less than a mile that not waste others time. 

The part gets interesting is one from over 30 miles traveled to where host. Thus seems if serious will travel and not play games like individual maybe a mile or less away. At least in individual nearby in not show up that not have to think about other times show up when not host.

As think about their behavior and others on apps, websites,  platforms is similar to  others on a message room and private conversation in say whatever in not care about other person. Or maybe take out online to strangers that had nothing to do with in if had a bad day, etc. 

Also I feel if not say in person or give a fair critique that shouldn't do online in treat others online poorly. Seems as some think can say whatever because is maybe 5,000 miles away. I take view that individual may travel, and could be in area so best not to insult or treat poorly. 

I get some may look for say a man in age 20s or older, of a certain figure, etc. But I feel if not interested to say so kindly, and move on to who fit looking for? Seems a lack of decency in say not interested. 

I find better to stay off apps, websites,  etc. Unless a rare time host or travel looking.