If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

• Administrators
I was old enough to know what I was doing at 14, and I always went for older guys. I've known plenty of guys who were fully sexually active at 12-13.
I started at 14. Also, i love seeing teens getting fucked by an older man.

The issue is when is a teen mature enough to deal with all the issues that come with sex, not so much when are the interested in it. There can be some serious power dynamics between adults and teens and teens may not have the knowledge or experience to fully understand the ramifications of what they're doing. Imagine a teen who gets talked into being a gangbang bottom. Teens tend to feel like they're invincible and nothing can hurt them. An adult could play on that and not really get them to appreciate the risk they're taking.

Guest diapbttmboi
The issue is when is a teen mature enough to deal with all the issues that come with sex, not so much when are the interested in it. There can be some serious power dynamics between adults and teens and teens may not have the knowledge or experience to fully understand the ramifications of what they're doing. Imagine a teen who gets talked into being a gangbang bottom. Teens tend to feel like they're invincible and nothing can hurt them. An adult could play on that and not really get them to appreciate the risk they're taking.

Exactly right. It isn't that they aren't physicaly ready for sex, it's that they are easily manipulated by older guys when sex is involved and they are horny. Individualy things may be different but laws aren't for individuals, they are black and white.

This shows very well why some things shouldn't be decided by governmental laws.

The best answer I have seen to applying this type of law is to make 'brackets' of ages that make sex of sexual contact legal. I.E.; 8 and under is illegal, within 2 years of age each parties age if 13 or under is legal, and so on.

Not to complicate things, but this is also a site for raw sex. If the age of consent was changed, would people still fuck raw with young guys? Taking what RawTop said, a lot of these guys might get talked into raw sex even if they are not comfortable with it. What happens if a kid gets pozzed? How is a 13 or 14 year old kid going to deal with contracting HIV?

Just questions to ponder.

Guest diapbttmboi
Not to complicate things, but this is also a site for raw sex. If the age of consent was changed, would people still fuck raw with young guys? Taking what RawTop said, a lot of these guys might get talked into raw sex even if they are not comfortable with it. What happens if a kid gets pozzed? How is a 13 or 14 year old kid going to deal with contracting HIV?

Just questions to ponder.

If somebody did that they should have their balls cut off, then their dick, then their head. The problem with this topic on this site is that some of the sick fucks on here would actually get off on doing shit like that.

It may be difficult, but that's no reason not to deal with it. There are plenty of things that cost people's lives that they are allowed to indulge in, and plenty of things that cost people's lives that are illegal but not enforced in large part, even towards minors. It's a shame people, and particularly Americans, immediately fall off a cliff prior to having informed discussions about things like sex. Is it really that different from driving or drinking or taking drugs or serving in the military or participating in athletics, for starters? What seems the saddest is that we Americans seem to be getting worse rather than better about these kinds of things.

It seems to me that the bracket option mentioned above would take care of that, for the most part. If we set an age under which sexual activity is simply illegal, and then make it legal (or more properly put, "not illegal") for anyone within (for instance) 24 months of the age of the younger party, you cut out the chances of someone 12 years old getting pozzed, at least to almost zero. Assuming (for now) that the current rate of HIV infection for people under 16 is negligible, you'd need a specific chain of people within 24 months of each other who all led back to someone who was poz - that is, the 18-yr old poz person would have to infect the 16-year old who would infect the 14-yr old who would infect the 12-yr old. I think the chances of that are exceedingly slim, especially since most 12-yr olds would continue to not have sex, as would most teens (I know that a significant number of teens are already sexually active, but I don't think it's an absolute majority).

i know i had a very good understanding of sex when i was 9-10 in elementary school and kids around me had already begun becoming sexual. really depends on the area you grow up in i guess, i'd say 15 is a good age, you have a pretty good understanding of sex by then, if not already having regular sex

What if a sexually active minor got HIV or an STD or whatever?

That is a very key question. It is one that illustrates what is wrong with many folks in this modern age. It is a question of responsibility.

Until recently many places in Europe didn't have a minor's drinking age restriction. The Autobahn didn't have a speed limit posted for a long time. So on and so on. There wasn't a raging problem with child alcoholism or mass car pile ups. If you took part in the activity you were expected to be responsible or have a guardian who assumed responsibility or what ever.

When a topic becomes restricted and regulated it take responsibility from the individual. Ever wonder why sex on TV isn't as big a deal outside the US? It's (in part) because it's treated more maturely and responsibly. In the US the FCC doesn't trust the citizenry to be able to change a channel or turn the TV off.

Part of the age question would have to include the question of when can a person accept the responsibility that comes with sex.

BBT

Edited by BadBadThing

• 2 weeks later...
What if a sexually active minor got HIV or an STD or whatever?

That is a very key question. It is one that illustrates what is wrong with many folks in this modern age. It is a question of responsibility.

Until recently many places in Europe didn't have a minor's drinking age restriction. The Autobahn didn't have a speed limit posted for a long time. So on and so on. There wasn't a raging problem with child alcoholism or mass car pile ups. If you took part in the activity you were expected to be responsible or have a guardian who assumed responsibility or what ever.

When a topic becomes restricted and regulated it take responsibility from the individual. Ever wonder why sex on TV isn't as big a deal outside the US? It's (in part) because it's treated more maturely and responsibly. In the US the FCC doesn't trust the citizenry to be able to change a channel or turn the TV off.

Part of the age question would have to include the question of when can a person accept the responsibility that comes with sex.

BBT

I was a sexually active teen who gut several STD's. That was pre-HIV. The most painful thing I caught was from a girl when I was 14, so it soured me on snatch for many years

I think 12 is sensible, as long as the justice system and society sorts out how it deals with rape.

I was sexually active with age-mates at 10/11, with older boys from 12, and with adults from 13. The only grief I've ever felt about that has arisen from social attitudes, not from my own feelings. When I hear or read people saying that kids need to be "protected" I wonder, "What from?". Protected from pleasure?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think that 16 is a good age for consensual sex with other 15 to 18 year old kids. I think that the law in the USA for consensual sex between adults is a minimum age of 18 . Personally, I feel that is a good age for consensual sex, just due to the possible lack of maturity of someone younger. There are exceptions to every rule and I know that I was engaging in sex with other guys my age and older, some much older, when I was 14. But just because I did it, doesn't make it right.

There are some young guys that are fully prepared for sex and its consequences at a young age and others that are not ready for it, even at age 25!

Edited by Poz.Guy