Your thoughts

Giveit2meraw

Hi Guys, I kind of need your assistance to me make my mind up....I've been actively Barebacking for years, though never knowingly swapping Poz loads, but due to the high numbers involed there must have been some! I keep reading the horny stories here with the biggest hard on ever, then hooking up with regular fuck buds for a sleazy session, or meeting up with a handy stranger on BBRT to plug my twitching hole. I am always jealous at the buzz and freedom Poz guys seem to have, simply having sex with no fear of the consequences or on the thrill of a chase to stealth someone or arranging a much wanted Pozzing. Do I want to make that move for myself too?

To be honest I am not sure. How do you Poz guys out there manage on a day to day basis with being Positive? Would you, if given the chance, go back to being Neg? Irrespective of any of that I keep have going around in my head an overiding desire to fulfil this fantasy to be bent over, tied down and blindfolded, head down, arse up and gang raped forced into taking all loads totally out of my control...freed of any fears.

Your help could tip me one way or the other for good. Cheers!

I don't understand the "freedon" that poz guys have compared to non-poz guys. All of us have that freedom and as Alaric said, just enjoy bareback sex, and bingo, your're free!

I'm sure that for many being poz is not easy and that life gets a bit more complicated. But you don't have to wait until you are poz to feel free. I've felt free to take loads and I haven't pozzed.

That "freedom" people seem to have is a state of mind poz or not. I'm poz, and not fucking everything that moves - still in a (mostly) monog relationship, and frankly - I don't want to deal with the risk of other STDs (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Hep C , etc). I was never really "into" barebacking prior to being poz - enjoy fucking raw with my partner, but I was never out seeking other hookups/etc to do it with.

Perhaps if your already inclined towards that sort of thing prior to being poz - it might be a bit more liberating, but if you wern't like that before - it's not like some magical freedom switch is going to be flipped and change you overnight.

While living being poz on a day-to-day biases isn't that hard (known I've been poz for just under a year now, on meds for a few months) - but if I could go back to being neg, I would do it in a second.

Edited by tin

• 10 months later...

I've NEVER had a condom on/in me, and rarely, if ever discussed status, which is why I'm fond of saying "I became POZ the oldfashioned way, I earned it!" Ultimately, the decision to actively seek sonversion is one you have the freedom to make. Absolutely no regrets about being POZ, and wouldn't change it if I could.

There was a recent study of poz men, in which those who continued to bareback lived significantly longer and healthier lives than those who retreated to safer-sex only practices.

The conclusion has not, to my knowledge, been yet determined why this is so. Some researchers assumed that continued exposure to the virus acted as a 'booster shot' to keep the immune system on its toes. Others merely classified the phenomenon as a quality of life issue which allowed positive lifestyle and happiness to counteract physical health issues.

Though they are intangible, guilt pain and stress shorten the lives of even the healthiest of people. The simple joy of adopting a pet or living with a loved one can extend the lifespan of both healthy AND terminally ill patients.

Do what makes you happy. You'll live longer for it. That applies to cancer, common cold, and HIV.