elbow grease vs. Jlube - your preference?

gtcubb

(my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, mods, please move it accordingly if need be..)

hey guys, im looking for some feedback from those of you who have used both brands mentioned. which do you prefer and why? ive not used jlube yet, heard lots about it, pretty mixed reviews. and elbow grease has served my needs well thus far. my primary usage is greasing up my toys to ride them. im slowly stretching my hole and using a few substantially sized dildos, trying to work my way up to being able to accommodate a fist. its time for me to re-up on my lube supply and im not sure if i should stay with what i know, or if i should switch it up, considering my goals for play. also seeking suggestions for popper brands of a considerable potency. (must be available in the US) thanks in advance!

41 minutes ago, ffbareff said:

Widely available and easy to clean up.  

really? one of the things ive been told/read is that clean up is rather difficult and requires something like dawn dish soap and a good bit of scrubbing. ive also seen table salt recommended as an abrasive to assist in removing the residue.

sorry to be a day 1 noob... thanks for sharing.

I have used Jlube, never tried elbow grease, but my one vers FF buddy just uses plain old Crisco that he buys in bulk at like Walmart or someplace like that. He hasn't totally opened me up yet for his entire hand ( we're working on that #lfegoals) BUT he took my fisting cherry as a top a couple years ago and FUK crisco works. It is a lot of clean up but you just also gotta buy lots of paper towels and then just take the toys into the shower and use dish soap....groceries, fisting...same thing.

If you're going to get into serious fisting jlube is a good lube to use it is very viscous and very economical, because it comes in powder form and all you have to use is water to mix it. There are two main problems with jlube 1- it's a bit difficult for clean up because since it gets activated with water the more water you add the slicker it gets. All you have to do is stay under the shower a bit longer because the water will eventually wash it away. 2- It takes a bit of trial and error to get it to the right consistency. The basic mix ( I think it's like a teaspoon of powder and like 1L of water) will give you workable lube but it's a bit on the thin side. just google jlube recipes and their are 100's of different recipes that will tell you how to get the consistency you want.

The nice thing about jlube is that you can customize it the way you want you can add Crisco to it ( u just need a blender, I suggest a hand held one ) or even add elbow grease to it.

Elbow grease is a good fisting lube. The only problem is that it is not very viscous , it has more of a cream consistency and when you get into punch fisting you will want a more viscous lube. The nice thing is that it contains xylocaine which is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). The percentage is god that it does not completely numb the area so you don't feel anything, it just always you to feel less irritated, which sometimes happens in fisting.

Crisco is a good alternative because it's cheap and since it's oil based it does not get absorbed into the rectal wall and when it melts it gets nice and slippery. The main issues are that it's a bit messy you need dish soap to get it off and because it's solid at room temp you can't just shove a big piece up you need to break it up. If you mix it with some mineral oil it becomes much smoother like an oily version of elbow grease.

Personally I use j lube but when I'm deep fisting a bottom like going to the forearm and elbow deep I use a mixture of elbow grease and Jlube or Crisco and jlube. Btw Jllube is toy friendly since it's waterbase.

I hope that helps some

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i really like Elbow Grease. i have never purchased J lube, but have had it used on me. i'm not certain about this, but i don't think silicon toys can be used with Elbow Grease? i'd be happy to find out if i am wrong about that, because i have two really nice veiny cock dildos that fit my fuck machine that i'd really like to use EG with... water base just doesn't do it for me. Should prolly try J Lube.

26 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

i really like Elbow Grease. i have never purchased J lube, but have had it used on me. i'm not certain about this, but i don't think silicon toys can be used with Elbow Grease? i'd be happy to find out if i am wrong about that, because i have two really nice veiny cock dildos that fit my fuck machine that i'd really like to use EG with... water base just doesn't do it for me. Should prolly try J Lube.

I think you're right I don't think Elbow grease it compatible with silicone toys, it's mineral oil based. It's not compatible with comdoms LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, find91 said:

If you're going to get into serious fisting jlube is a good lube to use it is very viscous and very economical, because it comes in powder form and all you have to use is water to mix it. There are two main problems with jlube 1- it's a bit difficult for clean up because since it gets activated with water the more water you add the slicker it gets. All you have to do is stay under the shower a bit longer because the water will eventually wash it away. 2- It takes a bit of trial and error to get it to the right consistency. The basic mix ( I think it's like a teaspoon of powder and like 1L of water) will give you workable lube but it's a bit on the thin side. just google jlube recipes and their are 100's of different recipes that will tell you how to get the consistency you want.

The nice thing about jlube is that you can customize it the way you want you can add Crisco to it ( u just need a blender, I suggest a hand held one ) or even add elbow grease to it.

Elbow grease is a good fisting lube. The only problem is that it is not very viscous , it has more of a cream consistency and when you get into punch fisting you will want a more viscous lube. The nice thing is that it contains xylocaine which is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). The percentage is god that it does not completely numb the area so you don't feel anything, it just always you to feel less irritated, which sometimes happens in fisting.

Crisco is a good alternative because it's cheap and since it's oil based it does not get absorbed into the rectal wall and when it melts it gets nice and slippery. The main issues are that it's a bit messy you need dish soap to get it off and because it's solid at room temp you can't just shove a big piece up you need to break it up. If you mix it with some mineral oil it becomes much smoother like an oily version of elbow grease.

Personally I use j lube but when I'm deep fisting a bottom like going to the forearm and elbow deep I use a mixture of elbow grease and Jlube or Crisco and jlube. Btw Jllube is toy friendly since it's waterbase.

I hope that helps some

I like J-Lube because you can use a lot and not worry too much about the expense. I find J-Lube to be a bit runny and thin so tend to make mine thicker. The downside of using a lot is the cleanup... 

A word of warning J-Lube in the bathroom can make things dangerously slippy - especially in the shower when cleaning off. 

If you need to get rid of J-Lube in a clean up situation, salt works well. Its like kryptonite for J-Lube, and makes it break down. 

If you're into rubber then one thing I like to do is dusting the inside of my rubber gear with J-Lube powder instead of talc which makes the inside go very slick when you sweat. 

That all said, recently I've discovered Crisco and have also been experimenting with E45 cream which is available in places like Poundland and Savers very cheap. If I'm going out my final part of preparation is usually a bit of vaseline as it lasts a long time and isn't kind to rubber... ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I like J-Lube because you can use a lot and not worry too much about the expense. I find J-Lube to be a bit runny and thin so tend to make mine thicker. The downside of using a lot is the cleanup... 

A word of warning J-Lube in the bathroom can make things dangerously slippy - especially in the shower when cleaning off. 

If you need to get rid of J-Lube in a clean up situation, salt works well. Its like kryptonite for J-Lube, and makes it break down. 

If you're into rubber then one thing I like to do is dusting the inside of my rubber gear with J-Lube powder instead of talc which makes the inside go very slick when you sweat. 

That all said, recently I've discovered Crisco and have also been experimenting with E45 cream which is available in places like Poundland and Savers very cheap. If I'm going out my final part of preparation is usually a bit of vaseline as it lasts a long time and isn't kind to rubber... ?

Ya that slipping hazard is real. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the feedback, everyone. i'll be checking out jlube pretty soon. i just got myself a nice, new, large toy to continue to stretch my hole. hoping to be able to take a fist/forearm by year's end. im sure i'll soon be posting a new, similar thread for recommendations on other fun accessories..