Semen is an antidepressant

tallslenderguy

i, like many (most?) of us here, am intrigued by the effects of cum on the recipient (bottom).  Tops love the idea of affecting, and in a male to male way, impregnating their bottom. Bottoms crave that impregnation.  As much as i want these things to be true, as a scientist i look for evidence to base my beliefs on. Unfortunately, there just haven't been a lot of studies on the physiological effects of semen in male with male sex. None that i can find :-(.   Thaere have been some studies with women though, so i'm going to speculate a little. This is more along the line of untested theory: 

the results of a study by Gordon Gallup and Rebecca Burch. In this study, they had almost three hundred female students fill out questionnaires relating to sex and mental health. The results showed that women who always use a condom—and so are protected against the effects of proteins in the semen—score almost 50 percent higher on a scale of depression-related symptoms than women who never use condoms, which might indicate (but doesn’t prove) that substances in semen interfere with the female nervous system

In essence, this study suggests that semen has anti depressant qualities. Since it was conducted in only women (sexist?), we don't really know if it would have the same effect on men.  We do know that the colon is made for absorption, and other studies have shown that at lease some of the components of semen is absorbed into the blood from the colon, so there's a chance that semen has a similar effect on the male nervous system.  Neural Growth Factor (NGF) is a hormone that has been isolated in human semen, it's  potent and has been linked to fertility in women, but no studies have been done with its effects on men when absorbed. 

For the other nerdy guys among us, here's a great article pulling a bunch of studies together on "Semen arrousal".  Of course, most of us don't need a study to know the potent affects of cum. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest RawCunt

One could argue the opposite.   That it is like alcohol.  Once you start getting it, then go without it actually causes depression.

3 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i, like many (most?) of us here, am intrigued by the effects of cum on the recipient (bottom).  Tops love the idea of affecting, and in a male to male way, impregnating their bottom. Bottoms crave that impregnation.  As much as i want these things to be true, as a scientist i look for evidence to base my beliefs on. Unfortunately, there just haven't been a lot of studies on the physiological effects of semen in male with male sex. None that i can find :-(.   Thaere have been some studies with women though, so i'm going to speculate a little. This is more along the line of untested theory: 

the results of a study by Gordon Gallup and Rebecca Burch. In this study, they had almost three hundred female students fill out questionnaires relating to sex and mental health. The results showed that women who always use a condom—and so are protected against the effects of proteins in the semen—score almost 50 percent higher on a scale of depression-related symptoms than women who never use condoms, which might indicate (but doesn’t prove) that substances in semen interfere with the female nervous system

In essence, this study suggests that semen has anti depressant qualities. Since it was conducted in only women (sexist?), we don't really know if it would have the same effect on men.  We do know that the colon is made for absorption, and other studies have shown that at lease some of the components of semen is absorbed into the blood from the colon, so there's a chance that semen has a similar effect on the male nervous system.  Neural Growth Factor (NGF) is a hormone that has been isolated in human semen, it's  potent and has been linked to fertility in women, but no studies have been done with its effects on men when absorbed. 

For the other nerdy guys among us, here's a great article pulling a bunch of studies together on "Semen arrousal".  Of course, most of us don't need a study to know the potent affects of cum. 

In the semen arousal study (Yes, I'm reading it) there's this which is interesting:

Five factors were found to underlie greater levels of semen arousal: not being African American, self-identification as a sexual “bottom,” being better educated, being HIV-positive, and being more depressed.

It could be hypothesized that the men described above by seeking cum in their cunts are unconsciously self-medicating for their depression. Alternate hypotheses? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackrobe said:

In the semen arousal study (Yes, I'm reading it) there's this which is interesting:

It could be hypothesized that the men described above by seeking cum in their cunts are unconsciously self-medicating for their depression. Alternate hypotheses? 

i don't know. What's clear to me is "more studies are needed."  i think it would be pretty awesome  for there to be any such studies about gay men and the physiological effects of semen on regular cum takers. Fore instance, we know there are female hormones in semen, things that make women more fertile, but i wonder what effect those hormones have on men, if any.  Even the effects on women are little known. The NGF discovery is fairly recent, we don't begin to know all it's effects, but it seems clear to me that we absorb at least some of the components of semen and that there is a possible effect. That doesn't seem a stretch to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChainedBoy said:

I am an absolute believer in CumJoy.  It is like an injection of bliss. There is NOTHING that compares. On those occasions when I go piggin and get multiple loads; I get a feeling akin to intoxication. 

me too and once I gettwo or three in me my mind clicks into total pig mode qnd enough is never enough

• Upvote 1

Guest subsam1512

Semen is definitely an emotional and mental boost for me.  Whether semen is pumped down my throat or even better fucked into my ass it serves as a “pick-me-up” and I feel happier and more content.