misnomers

tallslenderguy

On 11/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, tallslenderguy said:

This was what inspired me to start this thread. i was at a restaurant the other day and as i parked my car i noticed a guy sort of twirling down the street flailing his hands and saying things to no one in particular.  i couldn't tell if he was schizophrenic or tweaking?  He was in his own little world, seemed oblivious to anyone else and i thought: "tweakers are only 'fun' from a minimum of 100 feet away."

When I was young, when I saw someone doing something like that, my first thought was, "That guy's crazy." 

In my twenties and thirties, if I saw something like that, my first thought was, "That guy's really high."

Nowadays, if I see someone like that, My first thought is, "I wonder what he's listening to on his air buds."

"MILD TO WILD":  I can't count the number of times I've seen someone's profile say: ... "into everything Mild to Wild"  ...  followed by a long list of everything they aren't into.

Funnily they seem that interested in the "mild" end of the spectrum either.  Come to that, what is mild sex? 

Guest CuriousDallas

What gets me are the ones who say they’re straight or only want straight acting guys. Seriously!?! You’re wanting to stick your cock in a guys ass and/or have a guy do that to you. How straight can you be? I know those are lies they have to tell themselves and baby steps on the way to accepting they’re bi and then gay...I get that...I walked those steps too. But I chuckle every time I’m chatting with a straight guy and he’s way more worried about how masculine I am rather than dealing with his own homosexual tendencies.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, tallslenderguy said:

Here's another one... and i'll pre qualify, i say this a little tongue in cheek:

"Versatile:"   anyone else feel that "versatile" is just the new word for bottom lol?  I know there are real and genuine versatile guys out there (carry on).  i have even encountered several profiles where versatile guys are even a little defensive insisting that they are "real versatile" or "total versatile"  (totally both ways?), which makes me think they too have found their word has been usurped by bottoms who, for whatever reason, don't want to identify as such. 

This, absolutely!  I was actually considering starting a new thread just for this one.  I think I'm one of the rare ones where I do truly enjoy both sides (though I enjoy the bottom slightly more).  I love other vers guys for the reason that I have a buddy I can play with, regardless of which mood I'm in.  What I'm finding more and more of, however, is i hit up a guy who's "versatile" and only talks about me plowing him.  I've even had guys who had vers/top (and even top) in their profiles say how "I bottom once in a while", and then when I seem okay with that are practically begging me to load them and nothing else.

I want to blame bottom shaming for this.  It may not be 100% of the reason, but it plays a factor.  It's always been seen as a feminine/submissive role.  "Straight acting" (another one that bothers me) guys are guilty of this with alarming regularity.  

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 2:45 PM, LetsPOZBreed said:

This, absolutely!  I was actually considering starting a new thread just for this one.  I think I'm one of the rare ones where I do truly enjoy both sides (though I enjoy the bottom slightly more).  I love other vers guys for the reason that I have a buddy I can play with, regardless of which mood I'm in.  What I'm finding more and more of, however, is i hit up a guy who's "versatile" and only talks about me plowing him.  I've even had guys who had vers/top (and even top) in their profiles say how "I bottom once in a while", and then when I seem okay with that are practically begging me to load them and nothing else.

I want to blame bottom shaming for this.  It may not be 100% of the reason, but it plays a factor.  It's always been seen as a feminine/submissive role.  "Straight acting" (another one that bothers me) guys are guilty of this with alarming regularity.  

I do think it does have a lot to do with bottom shaming.

My man issue with vers is not that they may be bottom. I'm mainly top. What gets annoying are the vers guys that hook up with a strict bottom or top and when it comes down to the act they all of a sudden want to flip. Example vers wanting to bottom with bottom or top a top. I get that it's a mood thing but it's annoying that u agree on something before hand and then they decide to change it up. A lot of vers guys don't get that not everyone is into switching roles and no it's not because of lazyness or internalized homophobia. Some people don't want to stick their dick in an ass or have one stuck up their ass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/18/2019 at 2:37 PM, find91 said:

I do think it does have a lot to do with bottom shaming.

My man issue with vers is not that they may be bottom. I'm mainly top. What gets annoying are the vers guys that hook up with a strict bottom or top and when it comes down to the act they all of a sudden want to flip. Example vers wanting to bottom with bottom or top a top. I get that it's a mood thing but it's annoying that u agree on something before hand and then they decide to change it up. A lot of vers guys don't get that not everyone is into switching roles and no it's not because of lazyness or internalized homophobia. Some people don't want to stick their dick in an ass or have one stuck up their ass.

Exactly  I never want to stick my dick in an ass. I love and know what I am, sexually. I’m the bottom, a community Cumdump one at that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, tallslenderguy said:

Here's another one... and i'll pre qualify, i say this a little tongue in cheek:

"Versatile:"   anyone else feel that "versatile" is just the new word for bottom lol?  I know there are real and genuine versatile guys out there (carry on).  i have even encountered several profiles where versatile guys are even a little defensive insisting that they are "real versatile" or "total versatile"  (totally both ways?), which makes me think they too have found their word has been usurped by bottoms who, for whatever reason, don't want to identify as such. 

Ha! Yeah, it seems the only ads I ever see from Vers guys are when they are looking to bottom. But I can understand saying you're Vers when you like to switch and do both. What I cannot understand is when a guy says he's a top but wants me to fuck him. So he's a complete top except when he's fucked by bottoms?  IT always reminds me of the Monty Python skit of the guy who pokes his head out from under a Scotsman's kilt. He says: "It's OK, I'm a doctor. Well actually I'm a gynecologist, but I'm on my lunch hour..."   

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Couple more that Grind Starwoods's gears.

"Want a big top to fuck my virgin arse".

No mate, if , and it is a big if, they have a virgin arse, the last thing they need is a big top. May I suggest a pencil and go from there. These guys don't realise that the expression "Hurts like buggery" is true.

"Totally unshockable", 2 mins into the conversation you find out they aren't SEE MILD TO WILD Above.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, ErosWired said:

*sigh*

I think anyone who decides that he or she has a calling to work in a sexual health clinic should be required to study the online Urban Dictionary.

We do, and most of us have no problem asking what they mean.   There are ways to ask, that don’t make you look like an idiot.