Internalized homophobia tangent to PrEP thread

shaved_thong_lover

Moderator's Note: This is split off from another thread since the off-topic discussion was taking over.

This is going to sound morbid... So skip my post if you want... But we don't belong here. Homosexuality is not compatible with life.  This is Darwinism.  Mother nature will wipe out us homosexuals eventually by not being able to have children, or killing us off by some resistant bug, HIV or other.  So why bother worrying about it. Live your life, have fun doing it, and if you die early, be sure you die feeling that you did everything you wanted to do, your way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shaved_thong_lover said:

Homosexuality is not compatible with life.  This is Darwinism.

Actually everyone dies, and plenty of homosexuals reproduce. But there are also a number of hypotheses as to why gay people keep getting born in spite of the logical presumption that we reproduce less effectively than straight people, and some of them have scientific evidence to support them. It's pretty cool - we actually DO reproduce off the bodies of straight people!

[think before following links] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation#Sexual_orientation_and_evolution

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shaved_thong_lover said:

This is going to sound morbid... So skip my post if you want... But we don't belong here. Homosexuality is not compatible with life.  This is Darwinism.  Mother nature will wipe out us homosexuals eventually by not being able to have children, or killing us off by some resistant bug, HIV or other.  So why bother worrying about it. Live your life, have fun doing it, and if you die early, be sure you die feeling that you did everything you wanted to do, your way.

This is rubbish. Why? Because there is no such thing as "homosexual" or "heterosexual". I believe no man is 100% gay or straight. Ok...MAYBE in a very few rare cases, maybe there are people who happen to be 100% genuinely "one way or the other" but I believe such people to be a rarity. I think most men are (to some degree or another) bisexual. It doesn't matter how small or how large the degree to which they are bisexual, but most of us are bisexual (you may feel uncomfortable with the label "bisexual", so if you like you can call it "fluid" or whatever the hell you like, or you can choose even not to label it).

So if we say that for the overwhelming majority of people (or males, at least), sexuality lies on a spectrum of bisexuality ...a sliding scale of sorts with "straight" and "gay" being the two extremes at either end of that scale ...then we are to assume, if your theory is true, that Mother Nature will kill the MAJORITY of males in the world off due to the fact we all have, to some degree or another (again, no matter how tiny) same-sex attraction/desires. According to your theory, we are almost all of us going to be wiped off the face of the planet due to our same-sex attraction and/or desires (and I prefer to say "attraction" and "desires", as opposed to "acts",  because the majority of men probably never sexually express their bisexuality ...the ones who are straight identifying).

Edited by concerned1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/24/2020 at 7:01 AM, concerned1 said:

This is rubbish. Why? Because there is no such thing as "homosexual" or "heterosexual". I believe no man is 100% gay or straight. Ok...MAYBE in a very few rare cases, maybe there are people who happen to be 100% genuinely "one way or the other" but I believe such people to be a rarity. I think most men are (to some degree or another) bisexual. It doesn't matter how small or how large the degree to which they are bisexual, but most of us are bisexual (you may feel uncomfortable with the label "bisexual", so if you like you can call it "fluid" or whatever the hell you like, or you can choose even not to label it).

I also believe everyone is bisexual, I'm certain that I am :)  Research indicates that all types of relationships occurred since the beginning of structured civilization (early Africa, PanAsia territorial tribes, etc) but it was the development of religion and the assignment of those religions to appointed leaders that conditioned humans to behave and conform in certain ways.  Those leaders wrote the rules that told people what to do, otherwise their religion would turn them away. Powerful influence over early civilizations that wondered if floods were going to wipe them out or if nothing would grow and they'd die...all unless their God loved them. 

I have a great friend whose family is "heavy in the church". I've always known he was gay. I'm sure his parents and brother knew he was gay. I'm sure his pastor knew he was gay. But being gay wasn't an option. He graduated from a Christian college, went on to graduate studies at another Christian college working his way up to a Doctorate, got married to a great woman and they have a great 16 year old kid. Anyone could see he had no attraction to his wife whatsoever, but that was what his parents and his church expected. 

There were telltale signs that he finally broke free but was still DL - he'd rent a room at a hotel where he had a 6 hour layover and say he was just too tired to sit in Starbucks, he'd spend a lot of time off by himself on work trips, he'd stay late at his office but not be at his office, etc. A few years ago he was caught giving head and since this was a Christian college they fired him.  Still not ready to come out he blamed an uncle (who had recently passed so the uncle couldn't deny or confirm) of molesting him as a kid. That was the beginning of him admitting everything and I was so happy that he could finally do it.  Now, two years later he's come out to everyone, they're peacefully divorcing and he is finally free to be himself. 

Nature isn't going to kill him off - unless he acts as crazy as me and finds himself tied to a sling being fed gummies while being pounded by about a dozen guys. But then again, I enjoy that kinda stuff so I don't really mind if nature tries to get of me.  

• Upvote 1

I truly hope some young kid who is trying to figure out if he is gay or not doesn't read this topic.  It is depressing and seems totally antigay

I wish some of you doomsdayers would tell me one drug that is totally effective for everyone?  You can't do it!

If one million people are on PREP, and it is 99 percent effective, that means that it still wouldn't help ten thousand of those to whom it is prescribed.

Have any of you ever sat down and red the entire insert in a prescription you've been given?  In many cases, it can cause the exact problems which it is supposed to help.

Now, don't jump on that and think I'm saying that PREP can cause HIV.

As was stated above several times, we are "all" going to die, no matter with whom we share our bodies.  Some will die while young, some middle age and others will live to be one hundred.

Governments do some dastardly things, but I really doubt that they will approve medications to kill off a specific group.

Please, I hope that those of you who have such a low opinion of yourself and other gay men, will get help.

Some of the opinions spouted here, totally giv more ammunition to those who might want to extinguish us, not with a drug, but a gun, knife or baseball bat.