Coronavirus benefit: we are going to see the lowest STD rates in the history of mankind

I know STD rates jumped up after PREP became more prevalent (just because people were finally being tested every 3 months), and in the 70's no one cared, because Docs just gave you an antibiotic and said, "glad you had fun this weekend."

But with this isolation we're going to see the lowest rates ever recorded. It's going to be shocking.

Finally I won't have throat gono - guys, please stop giving me throat gono every 5th time I suck dick!!!

IF there is one good thing to come out of this situation, there may be a general decrease in communicable diseases.  The guidance given to prevent the spread of corona virus is pretty much standard advice for preventing everything else: wash your hands, sanitize surfaces, keep some distance, avoid touching your face, and cover your nose and mouth.  Most people haven't followed that advise because ... you know ... "it's just a cold". But when it comes to something potentially deadly, more people are prone to listen so, hopefully, this may eventually lead to better health for everyone.

As for STI's, the way to get rid of them is to push everyone to get tested and get treated. Then it's more fun for everyone.

• 1 month later...

I get tested with a home kit which includes anal and oral swabs. I just wonder if people are able to go into clinics and get tested at the moment . It would be cool to not get chlamydia in my ass so often 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, LKMike said:

I get tested with a home kit which includes anal and oral swabs. I just wonder if people are able to go into clinics and get tested at the moment . It would be cool to not get chlamydia in my ass so often 🙂

My KP clinic has stayed open (along with the pharmacy) but all other services are online unless deemed necessary (radiology, etc). I think the lack of risky activity over these 3, 6, 9 months are going to result in a big drop, but you're right - won't matter much if peeps aren't also being tested/treated during this time.

For me, it's throat gono - I have no idea why but nothing anal for me, ever - no chlamydia & no gono - and I've slutted it up by the dozens-a-night for a decade.  I'm with you, would be nice NOT to have anything for once. 

Yeah it's a nuisance,  but the cost of enjoying that type of sex. I just got a message from the place I get my at home testing from, saying all the collection swabs will have " for vaginal swabs only" on them, but they are fine to use for my anal and throat swabs. Shortage of swabs because of covid.

• 1 month later...
Guest CuriousDallas

I hate to burst your bubble but people are still having sex. I know I am. Covid hasn’t stopped me. Yeah, I’m not having as much sex but guys are still horny and still want it, and no surprise, they want it bare too. Unless or until you can get everyone to stop having sex and force everyone to get treated for STDs you’re not going to wipe it out.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:21 PM, wildbottom said:

My KP clinic has stayed open (along with the pharmacy) but all other services are online unless deemed necessary (radiology, etc). I think the lack of risky activity over these 3, 6, 9 months are going to result in a big drop, but you're right - won't matter much if peeps aren't also being tested/treated during this time.

For me, it's throat gono - I have no idea why but nothing anal for me, ever - no chlamydia & no gono - and I've slutted it up by the dozens-a-night for a decade.  I'm with you, would be nice NOT to have anything for once. 

The drop won't last, as the people who should be getting tested and treated are those who don't usually, and they're still not getting tested. There are people who can't be arsed to test, people who get dick on the side of the relationship or aren't out so won't get a kit posted to home, etc. The short term effect of less sti spreading as most people not fucking around will dissipate as soon as distancing drops and people can fuck around without pandemic-guilt. 

7 hours ago, TheMoreTheMerrier said:

The drop won't last, as the people who should be getting tested and treated are those who don't usually, and they're still not getting tested. There are people who can't be arsed to test, people who get dick on the side of the relationship or aren't out so won't get a kit posted to home, etc. The short term effect of less sti spreading as most people not fucking around will dissipate as soon as distancing drops and people can fuck around without pandemic-guilt. 

Not to mention that on this side of the Atlantic, at least, we've never actually had the extended lockdown period that would be needed to achieve a long-term shift in anything. Individual places have had more-or-less strict closures, and certainly *some* individuals are having less sex, but I suspect most of those are the ones who would have been being responsible in the first place, with regular testing and avoiding play while they were aware of being infectious for anything. Meanwhile plenty of people I know are willing to break "quarantine" (not that it's actually quarantine) in order to get laid. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Not to mention that on this side of the Atlantic, at least, we've never actually had the extended lockdown period that would be needed to achieve a long-term shift in anything. Individual places have had more-or-less strict closures, and certainly *some* individuals are having less sex, but I suspect most of those are the ones who would have been being responsible in the first place, with regular testing and avoiding play while they were aware of being infectious for anything. Meanwhile plenty of people I know are willing to break "quarantine" (not that it's actually quarantine) in order to get laid. 

Our side was a strict lockdown, stick within your household only, for a long time, but just like there a lot of people still broke it to go get a fuck. And like you say, they're less likely to be responsible and get checked out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The STD statistics (in The Netherlands) tells another story. due covid less people had access to the healthcare clinics but more STD infections where found in 2020 by people that had acces to the healthcare. now in 2021 we even have a rising outbrake of syphilis going on. this has everything to do with the covid lockdown because people have been walking around with it longer and could spread it easily without knowing. and sure prep have influence on the STD rates but i don't think you have to underestimate what impact the lockdown had. i experienced it myself how bizarre difficult it was to get my prep pills and testing procedure during the first lockdown

• 2 months later...

I suppose that may be the one and only benefit to all this garbage, except for opening eyes to the total tyranny disguised as "health concerns." But I didn't let Covid slow me, but I did see a drop in traffic on places like Doublelist and other hookup sites. Now I see lots of "vaxx only" posts. The segregation is deep!

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have read conflicting things about this, some news articles say HIV and STD rates are super high despite the pandemic, quarantine, etc. because of people not getting tested, getting meds, and mostly everything going towards COVID.

Others claim they are lower, so which is correct?