This is why I hate using A4A

badubydo

1 minute ago, ejaculaTe said:

But if one is asked the same questions -- e.g., can you host, do you top, what are you into -- by the same guy (or guys) over a length of time, it suggests poor reading comprehension or a poor memory on the part of the questioner. One's response then need not be mean, but it can show a degree of exasperation. In those situations, my response has been "you asked me that last week, and the answer is the same. Have a good evening."

Very well handled. And if it ever happened again, I'd simply block the person. Repeat problems with one guy who can't understand, to me, is a different issue than multiple people asking the same question. 

Adam4Adam isn't really popular in Europe, so I haven't actively used it since leaving the US 7 years ago.  The underlying issue being addressed by the OP isn't just limited to that one stie, however, as I have personally experienced the same thing on multiple dating/hookup apps as well.

I'm of the opinion of being initially polite and respectful...simply stating that I'm not interedted in whatever proposition that is going against my stated interests. (hosting, topping, or especially any kind of drug use).  Where I do get a bit miffed, though, are with the guys who are unreasnably persistent or repeat offenders.  I find it's easier to just block them and move on, rather than dwell and have a pointless argument with someone I really have no interest in getting to know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I was with you, mostly, until the part about "nearest big city". In my experience, guys in smaller towns are much more accustomed to compromising on things because of a lack of options - and that applies whether you're shopping for men or paper towels. That doesn't mean *you* need to compromise; it's just that other local guys may be used to doing things that are not their first choice, in order to experience *some* form of M2M interaction. 

Again, not suggesting you need to compromise, but being understanding about the fact that most people in your circumstances probably *do* have to compromise might make your stress level go down a notch.

You’re being too charitable. I’m in one of those godforsaken smaller towns and it’s not that the locals are making assumptions about what’s in a profile because they’re making compromises - they’re just not bothering to read them. There’s not enough meat on the hoof for profile-sifting to be a productive strategy; instead, they just cast their net wide and hope to snag something (anything). At best, posting specifics of what you’re into or what you won’t do may deter someone, but don’t expect it to attract anyone in these circumstances. It’s a wasteland out here. God knows I speak from experience, and like @Fuzzypup, if I expect any serious play, it’s going to have to be at the end of an hour+ drive to the nearest metro area, at the cost of a hotel room.

• 3 weeks later...