Snubbed by a 60 YO for using Prep

BlackDude

On 3/30/2021 at 3:40 AM, drscorpio said:

It continually astounds me that we are almost a decade into PrEP being available in the USA, and I regularly still have to explain it to some clueless hookup.

I live in a rural, poor part of the US and almost none of the guys have even heard of PrEP regardless of age. 

16 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Agreed, diet related disease does develop over a long period of time vs once infected by HIV, there's no reversal. On the other hand, that's a double edged sword. i probably had sex with >1000 guys before i contracted HIV.  I.e., before being infected with HIV one is not adding to or building a chronic condition. 

I agree, but I think it's easier to depict the difference I perceive as two parallel dice games. You start each one with $20,000 in pennies.

In one, every time you eat a double cheeseburger with bacon and a slab of sugar-laden apple pie, you roll a pair of dice. If you get a 5 or higher, you toss a penny in the pot; if you get a 4 or lower, you get a penny from the pot. Every time you eat a healthy, low-sodium/low-fat-low-sugar meal, you get an extra penny back from the pot without a roll of the dice. When the pot hits $5,000, the amount you lose on each 5+ roll rises to 2 cents, but the payoff for a low toss stays at a penny. When the pot hits $10,000, each high toss costs you fifty cents. You can keep playing at that rate a long, long time, but eventually it's going to catch up with you, and it's going to accelerate rapidly toward the end.

In the other game, every time you have receptive bareback sex without PrEP, you roll four dice. Every time you roll 22 or lower, you get a penny from the pot. But if you roll a 23 or a 24, you owe the pot 90% of your bank, plus you have to keep rolling, and every roll costs you a penny no matter what the score is. You can throw an awful lot of rolls and keep building up a penny at a time, having a lot of fun along the way. But with enough rolls - on average, nearly 1,300 times, but it could be on roll number 5 - you'll hit three sixes and either a five or a six, and boom! that's it. The odds of escaping without getting that penalty are vanishingly small. 

In the first instance, you get lots of tasty food and a lifetime of memories, and you can stave off that rapid decline in your fortunes by mixing in goodly amounts of healthy food. With the second instance, there's effectively no way, with unprotected receptive sex, to increase the odds dramatically in your favor.  I suppose you could argue that a limited stable of partners, having everyone test regularly, etc. would help, but that's turning over the odds to other people's (unverifiable) compliance with some harm reduction steps. 

• I have been on PrEP for several years. I always and only fuck bare and seed deep inside. I too have found that I have to explain what PrEP is to guys that hit me up for fun.  Most don't read my profile where I clearly state I am on PrEP and fuck bare.  NOT fucking with those guys is just fine. I have several undet. buds and others that I fuck and always looking for more fuck buds who want raw m2m sex. If you don't like that I'm on PrEP then don't take my seed. LOL But I find more and more guys want to fuck bare also
  • Like 1