Which is better: Star Wars v Star Trek? ๐Ÿ˜€

Carlos1881

On 6/6/2021 at 7:13 AM, DarkroomTaker said:

None, Space 1999 for me. Especially Alan Carters bulge.

OP, if I had to choose, it would be Star Trek.

Space 1999 was a classic!! But back to the question - original Star Trek (call me old fashioned!)

I love both series however for me, my love for John William's scores in the 9 Star Wars over shadows everything. As a composer myself, he is one of my idols and these 9 have incredible music on such a consistently high level orchestrally. Moving forward though, so far, Star Trek will be the way to go for me until Star Wars right's the ship. I don't like the Disney plus Star Wars shows, Hated the first episode of the Mandalorian and did not continue it. As Lucas and others said, Williams Star Wars music is the secret sauce of the franchise and is another character in it. Be it the Force Theme, Princess Leia's theme, Duel of the Fates, Imperial March, Rey's theme, the Emperor's motif, etc etc etc, they lost that now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, timfreo said:

Luke, I AM YOUR FATHER. Now take my cock & Daddy's hot dirty load...ย 

"Luke" doesn't appear in that line. The actual line is "No... I am your father" (emphasis on "I").

One of the most misquoted movie lines of all time, along with "Play it again, Sam" (it's actually "Play it, Sam".)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, Ocelot2000 said:

I love both series however for me, my love for John William's scores in the 9 Star Wars over shadows everything. As a composer myself, he is one of my idols and these 9 have incredible music on such a consistently high level orchestrally. Moving forward though, so far, Star Trek will be the way to go for me until Star Wars right's the ship. I don't like the Disney plus Star Wars shows, Hated the first episode of the Mandalorian and did not continue it. As Lucas and others said, Williams Star Wars music is the secret sauce of the franchise and is another character in it. Be it the Force Theme, Princess Leia's theme, Duel of the Fates, Imperial March, Rey's theme, the Emperor's motif, etc etc etc, they lost that now.

The music is spectacular and its usage and care across various media has been handled fairly well. It probably deserves a better galaxy tbh ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:42 PM, Hozzel said:

To me, it is not a compeition. Not one vs the other. Remember the TV series Babylon 5? Majel Barrett Roddenberry deliberately went on the series to make this point. The vast universe is way big enough for even far more. At any rate, I'm biased. One of the writers on the Star Trek original series (1960's) was a teacher of mine. I'm more of a Treker. But, hey, Data? ftmbristolukfun that's "fascinating".

Spock also used to say fascinating a lot as well. It's just I couldn't wear him out ๐Ÿ˜‰